World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't intend to go straight to heroic/mythic raiding, so fuck the barn and crafted gear for all I care.

Plus, if you really want enough blood to do ANYTHING, you need to have like 10 barns running non stop. Soooo...NOPE.
Ok, but blood is still the most valuable thing you can generate with the garrison. (Feasts aren't exactly cheap either.)

By the way, I see a lot of people saying it doesn't matter if your follower is uncommon and not rare or epic, because in the end you can upgrade it.

So, FYI, uncommon to rare is 60k mission xp, and rare to epic is 120k. Yup, it's gonna take a bit of time.
It's more that it doesn't matter because quality has no bearing on how effective the follower is when assigned to a building. That was removed mid-way through the beta. You get extra traits/abilities, which are nice but not essential. Plus, the discussion we had about that was related to having a bunker while leveling to potentially upgrade followers gained while questing, but the guy in charge of followers tweeted that it doesn't work that way.

That said, you get so many followers that you can easily slam into the 20 cap before you even hit 100. Deactivating shitty low-90's greens that don't directly benefit one of your professions is a no-brainer. It's definitely nice when you get an epic right out of the box though. Getting epic Lantresor (mining guy) with epic mount as a bonus was a nice surprise.
biggrin.png

Edit: 21 followers now, 4 are epic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Playing last night I found 3 epics off rare mobs and gained 2 from quest rewards... only level 91.

My how this game has changed..

Vitality

HUSTLE
Am I just being a bastard in saying that in time and effort it would take me to get a savage blood I could just buy one with enchanting profits? I'm flipping wep enchants for 1.5-3k ea gross 1k-2.5k net actively throughout the day.

I just started posting my ench/inscrip yesterday evening so I'll have a market report when I get home but I'm having a hard time justifying my personal efforts going to a barn.

Maybe I'm just being a weirdo

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Main: 5 Epics out of 27 followers. All Danger Zone. Gonna be using some re-training certs alright

First level 92 alt is sitting at 6 followers... 3 Epic/2rare/1 Uncommon. Fuck that alt.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Am I just being a bastard in saying that in time and effort it would take me to get a savage blood I could just buy one with enchanting profits? I'm flipping wep enchants for 1.5-3k ea gross 1k-2.5k net actively throughout the day.

I just started posting my ench/inscrip yesterday evening so I'll have a market report when I get home but I'm having a hard time justifying my personal efforts going to a barn.

Maybe I'm just being a weirdo
You obviously like doing that stuff. The bloods are a better route for people that don't like playing the AH and doing all that stuff. It comes down to what you enjoy doing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You know what Abe, you're right, if I can't do it on the shitter it isn't worth my time.

If there was a barn app I'd totally jam on it.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Just wish there were more options for gathering Garrison Resources. Daily/Weekly quests, fishing, mob drops (Non 1 time rares), killing dungeon bosses etc.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The gayest part about getting epics in WOD is that they DE into MoP crystals man... wtf.
If they are under ilvl 600 they will. I'm not sure what they were thinking there. They could have at least made them drop the blue crystal or even a shit ton of dust. I just vendored all my non-usable purples that were sub 600.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
We are sent to kill over and over and pretty much EXTERMINATE everything in Draenor. I'm no vegetarian in real life but Jesus, think what would've happened if Humans make their #1 priority to kill every single animal/herb etc on all continents.
They do, just not in your backyard.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Daily Dungeon random reward should be a bag of garrison resources instead of more useless tiny gold.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Now that people are building up their garrisons, are gathering professions feeling like they are being phased out? I'm an herb/alch - I enjoy the combo sometimes. I guess what I'm asking is if there's still a profit to be found in herb gathering.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Now that people are building up their garrisons, are gathering professions feeling like they are being phased out? I'm an herb/alch - I enjoy the combo sometimes. I guess what I'm asking is if there's still a profit to be found in herb gathering.
I just dropped 2700g on herbs in bulk during breakfast this morning. 6-7g/ea is my purchase range.

If you were on tichondrius nozzle I'd pump you full of gold for herbalism supply.

Herbs are performing roughly 100% better than ores. Mainly due to more professions/buildings requiring them.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Having the Heroic dungeons drop generic blue crap is a downer. I understand the reason, they want to have plenty of options for everyone to tune their build now that they removed the means to tune your build with Reforging and they don't want any one particular dungeon to suffer greatly from horrible queues because all the Warriors or Healers are off in Dungeon_FOTM. It is completely sensible for this reason...

And yet it still feels bleh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There was once a time when heroics only dropped blues and occasionally purples from the last boss.

Or a time when there were no heroics and you got purples from beating the piss out of drakes and core hounds and molten giants and fuck Vael.