World of Warcraft: Current Year

DavivMcD

Peasant
So after a few days I went to play again on my lap top. I have done nothing to alter my hardware nor have I added anything new to my computer. The game ran just fine the last time I played last Sunday. Has anybody ever gotten this error? What can be done about it? I already defragged the drive as a precaution.

"The CAS system was unable to initialize:Clienthandler.initialization error.failed to create archive component."

I looked it up and it seems Blizzard does not know what is causing this error and so I was hoping maybe somebody here has already dealt with this problem. The game runs fine on my computer at home so it is not account related.
Don't play on a Mac? Most of the people having this issue that I saw were playing on a macbook so apologies if you are actually on Windows. And try repairing the installation through the bnet launcher to fix it. Or if that fails just do a completely fresh install. Doesn't really take that long these days.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ironically my wife's mac works just fine for the game. It is on Windows. I am thinking a complete reinstall will be the only way to deal with this regretfully.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So after finishing WoD quest playthrough with my hunter, I managed 6 epic followers and 5 rare followers upgraded from normal uncommons. Dwarven Bunker is so good for leveling.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So after a few days I went to play again on my lap top. I have done nothing to alter my hardware nor have I added anything new to my computer. The game ran just fine the last time I played last Sunday. Has anybody ever gotten this error? What can be done about it? I already defragged the drive as a precaution.

"The CAS system was unable to initialize:Clienthandler.initialization error.failed to create archive component."

I looked it up and it seems Blizzard does not know what is causing this error and so I was hoping maybe somebody here has already dealt with this problem. The game runs fine on my computer at home so it is not account related.
Hard drive space?

Menion_sl

shitlord
Just replaced my level 3 barn with a lumbermill. Bloods have a crappy drop rate for the amount of effort needed to trap Alphas. Also, plan on raiding and it's 350 hex cloth and 30 bloods to upgrade a piece from 640 to 665. That's a lot of materials for something you may just replace for free.

I was also seriously resource starved. The LM will help push all my remaining buildings to T3 and still let me run missions. Ended up placing a T2 LM on my main and alt's garrisons to try and push into T3 ASAP.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I don't understand itemization in this expansion. Apexis crystal vendor doesnt sell straight tank gear, most bosses drop 10 variations of the same item with every possible stat combination?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Tank gear is now basically the same as your DPS gear, with the exception that you can get bonus armor on jewelry/cloak/trinkets.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Basically, every boss has like 50 items in their loot table because of personal loot. When all the stuff that isn't for your class and spec is removed from the equation, it's really more like 5-10 possible items. This is also why removing personal loot was such an absolutely absurd thing -- it made it effectively impossible to get any specific item as it would have like a 2% chance to drop. Good thing they reverted that ridiculous decision after half a day.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Apexis gear doesnt seem nearly worth the effort, except maybe a piece or two if you can stand doing those horrible dailies.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, you need like 30k crystals banked for December 2nd if you want *one* piece of the best apexis gear. Maybe if they hadn't nerfed the Pit's apexis drop rate.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Apexis gear doesnt seem nearly worth the effort, except maybe a piece or two if you can stand doing those horrible dailies.
Yeah, it's really shit. The dailies are shit, too. I got one apexis gear to boost my ilvl, and I'm done with them. Fuck the shit dailies, too. People packed into a small space grinding out...time, essentially. Apexis should have been for gear upgrades 645+, not for getting shit gear that will be easily replaced once raids are in game.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I don't know why you guys complain about dailies when you can get them done in 5 minutes. Group Finder -> Premades -> Custom: join a raid, /follow someone, make a sandwich, you're done

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand itemization in this expansion. Apexis crystal vendor doesnt sell straight tank gear, most bosses drop 10 variations of the same item with every possible stat combination?
It's called "World of Diablocraft" these days.

Basically, your main gear is not specialization-specific. Tank/Heal gear differs on cloak, neck, rings and trinkets; the rest is straight general stats.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
And i like every aspect of it has a brewmaster who can switch to windwalker on the fly when needed and unload dps.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it's really shit. The dailies are shit, too. I got one apexis gear to boost my ilvl, and I'm done with them. Fuck the shit dailies, too. People packed into a small space grinding out...time, essentially. Apexis should have been for gear upgrades 645+, not for getting shit gear that will be easily replaced once raids are in game.
I think the dailies are just a thing to do for the super-casuals who have minimal interest in raiding. This isn't the prime progression route intended for the crowd that plans to raid.