World of Warcraft: Forever

Mahes

Silver Baronet of the Realm
7,150
11,454
This post seems obvious.

It is a specialty server/realm like Classic that has nothing to do with the live servers. If this does shut down the live servers for some reason, then this title will live on as the live server title fades away.

I am interested in this idea but will stay on the sidelines for now.
 

Mahes

Silver Baronet of the Realm
7,150
11,454
Youll be missing out!
I only have so much time in my day and currently am enjoying Everquest Frostreaver. The Forever release crosses with the charity event bonus in Everquest. I might give this server a go in December when things slow down on Frostreaver because 4 months is too long for Luclin.
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,887
131,945
All y'all so wishy washy on faction and rulesets we are prob going to be all over the place and just compare notes here. Which is fine.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,887
131,945
Really every group of people I play games with is all over faction and ruleset with zero consensus on anything. It has been maddening. I am not looking to find some super organized crew from the get go. But I would like to hit up Onyxia or whatever raid in December is coming.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,528
14,088
Really every group of people I play games with is all over faction and ruleset with zero consensus on anything. It has been maddening. I am not looking to find some super organized crew from the get go. But I would like to hit up Onyxia or whatever raid in December is coming.
Same. I want a decision and planning. Maybe its unnecessary, but it helps me. I want to know who I'm playing with and make sure I'm not running a class/spec a bajillion other people are and a group will be reliable.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Silver Baronet of the Realm
8,300
7,284
Seems like most forum bros and RL friends want to roll PvE horde. So Ill probably be doing that as much as I wanna go alliance.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,887
131,945
Seems like most forum bros and RL friends want to roll PvE horde. So Ill probably be doing that as much as I wanna go alliance.
I mean on paper it should not be hard to find a guild if we just roll Alliance (I want to as well). But I would like to not just go in with nobody else I know on the faction. As stupid as that sounds.
 

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,495
16,429
Even on beta, finding a guild and doing dungeons has been crazy easy, especially considering this piss easy game's been solved for 20 years. Shit I've been gimp healing everything on shaman in enhance spec lol
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,132
57,293
This post seems obvious.

It is a specialty server/realm like Classic that has nothing to do with the live servers. If this does shut down the live servers for some reason, then this title will live on as the live server title fades away.

I am interested in this idea but will stay on the sidelines for now.
This misconception that Forever is not going to be a "Live" server is just categorically false. WoW is going to have TWO parallel Live versions that have full development teams and content release cadences.

That being said, I agree Forever needs its own thread as the Retail Slop servers are going to be 2nd class servers within 2 or 3 years.
 
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,887
131,945
Fire it up. I don't even think we had more than a handful of posters playing retail regularly.
 

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,528
14,088
Even on beta, finding a guild and doing dungeons has been crazy easy, especially considering this piss easy game's been solved for 20 years. Shit I've been gimp healing everything on shaman in enhance spec lol
Correct, not hard to find a guild. But, finding one with competent people who can run a proper raid team?
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,528
14,088
I might just roll Alliance and figure it out from there. I really don't want to run Horde very much this time around.

These might assist:


That Horde guild website is pretty well put together, as far as a WoW guild is concerned (I think? lol). Would also prefer alliance, but haven't found a good option yet.
 

Needless

Toe Sucker
<Silver Donator>
10,129
4,025
I'll be rolling PVE Horde, played Alliance for most of the anniversary, SoM and SoD servers and pvp is so dog shit long term, the fun first week is not worth the BS at 60 lol
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,528
14,088
I'll be rolling PVE Horde, played Alliance for most of the anniversary, SoM and SoD servers and pvp is so dog shit long term, the fun first week is not worth the BS at 60 lol
1-20 alliance is so much smoother and better than 1-20 horde, so far. Human or dwarf, better quests, waaaay more money.

As Orc it took hours longer to get just to lvl 12 and zero money, compared to nearly a gold as alliance.

I can’t possibly Be doing Orc wrong after all these years?