World of Warcraft: Current Year

spronk

FPS noob
its easy to game LFR by just doing BGs and arenas on my DK, upgrade the 458 honor gear you can buy to 466 and you should be able to buy 1-2 pieces of malev gear really fast (ring, neck, trinket each are 1250). And if you are a DK definitely go tank and q heroics as tank, insta-Q plus a bag of gold/extra shit to sell, and tanking in full PVP gear is no problem at all I've done every heroic in it and usually top the dmg meter.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's the cheap way to game out my last two points?
As above, do some BG to get honor and purchase 458 upgrades to your 450 blues.

Or, if you already have enough JP, use the ilvl upgrade from justice points to upgrade your weapon and biggest items (torso/legs/head), which, given you want to avoid "30k gold epics" mean you are probably still using blues. 1500 justice gives 8ilvl on those, which translate into about 1 1/3 ilvl average increase for each piece.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks. Yeah, apparently I left my account broke after leaving in cata and only have 14,000 gold. But I haven't found epics up for less than 20-30k on my server.

Overall, I'm liking Mists. Even the dailies. I am being super casual though (ok, maybe not). I had a blast lately duoing some old wrath content. Seems H LK 10 is still tough to duo w/I disease removal

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Gave in and bought MoP and patched last night. Not a huge fan of the new BM hunter spec. I think there's like 6 cooldowns that all sit in the rotation. I really liked the survival rotation everyone used at the end of Cat. Thought that was totally manageable. New one is kind of a headache but whatever. I'll get used to it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
use SoR first to get a free level 80 on any server. Fuck around with the classes in dungeons and PVP and see which you want to level to 90 first, you can still do pet battles and all the PVP and everything except zone into pandaria afaik. When SoR expires (10 days I believe?) you can then probably apply the 10 day MOP trial or just buy mop & sub.
I just did a trial. I won't be playing long enough to get 90. No time these days.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
What precisely was changed to fire mages, i scrolled through the first couple pages of MMO champion and didn't see anything.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What precisely was changed to fire mages, i scrolled through the first couple pages of MMO champion and didn't see anything.
Someone posted it a couple pages ago, but I got the jist that it was mainly a pretty big nerf to their Critical Chance within the fire line? At least, thats what I picked up from it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%.
The critical strike chance multiplier from Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.25 (was 1.5).

then later:

Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3 (was 1.25).
Inferno Blast now spreads Ignite, Pyroblast, and Combustion to 3 surrounding targets.

Doesn't matter for PvE really, but also:

When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Rank 8. Haven't downed any of the rank 8 bosses yet, my ilevel is too low, can't pull the DPS required.

Buffylol

N00b
I am on battletron right now, just don't have the dps to kill it I think. I am pulling 77k but I end up dieing after exhausting ghoul sac, pot, lichborne healing, and a bunch of deathstrikes. I have a bunch of LFR gear mixed with malev gear(since I don't play often) , I think I need to try that death siphon shenanigans mixed with rune tap.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Annoying thing about him, is a bunch of early people killed him, then they hotfixed him and doubled his HPs. I had to flask and get 300 stat food and join the "buff raid" of the people standing around and watching to meet the DPS requirements post hotfix. I don't raid anymore, just do LFR weekly, or else it would have been easier.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Rank 8. Haven't downed any of the rank 8 bosses yet, my ilevel is too low, can't pull the DPS required.
The C'thun boss, Zen'shar, has a relatively low DPS requirement compared to the other 3 rank 8 fights. I killed him on my 3rd or 4th try, but haven't been able to get any of the other 3 even below 30%.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Think I've seen him once. I always get god damn Millhouse or Epicus Maximus, and the lines are getting pretty long now. Just sort of opted out until I get better gear.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I hear you. It really blows that you have to be in at least half heroic raid gear (or wait until like, 5.6 when LFR gear is ~510 ilevel or so) to complete all parts of their on-the-side single-player niche addition to the game.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't really see a problem that it takes close to the best gear to finish all four bonus fights. It will be much easier 1-2 content patches later anyway when gear keeps getting higher. I do wonder how possible Disruptron is on a melee class though. Dodging all that shit leaves barely any time to actually dps him, and need to do 10 million in 2 minutes! Has anyone here beat him yet?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'm gonna download the game to check it out again. If I want to trial some of the monk shit, is it better I get a scroll of resurrection or use my 10 day trial? Or do one first then the other?

Edit: I have an account flagged up through Cata.
If you want to see Panda you need to do the Panda Trial.

But if you do the Panda Trial it makes you inelligable for the Scroll of Ressurection.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%.
The critical strike chance multiplier from Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.25 (was 1.5).

then later:

Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3 (was 1.25).
Inferno Blast now spreads Ignite, Pyroblast, and Combustion to 3 surrounding targets.

Doesn't matter for PvE really, but also:

When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.
After seeing the changes and knowing i wouldn't have to play fire on my mage almost made me wanna resub, then i remembered the last tier of talents for mages and i said fuck that.