World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well don't do fucking Nathanos, yet. The weapon reward is bugged (or maybe it is just working as intended and they're stupid as fuck!). WQ at first showed me a 1H mace for my enh spec (which I'm currently specced to). Once I got into EPL, the reward showed a 2H staff. Left and came back in, reward showed the mace again. Killed Nathanos and got the stupid staff still.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just did Nathanos - not even sure what the fight is with so much pvp going on haha. Got a 115 staff though so all good for me. Is there a cutscene? One seemed to be starting but abruptly just ended before I could see anything

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is some shitty word boss event how you really take him out or is it just a "merely a setback" situation?
Nathanos dies, ya. But he says hes specifically going back to his Queen, which is in Shadowlands.

After the most recent hot fixes, a lot of the quest givers dont allow mounts around them. Phasing is in place, which can sometimes make it seem dead af now. Nathanos is still buggy, but fixed for the most part.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just did Nathanos - not even sure what the fight is with so much pvp going on haha. Got a 115 staff though so all good for me. Is there a cutscene? One seemed to be starting but abruptly just ended before I could see anything
tenor (6).gif

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

So, the player not only isn't the one to actually kill him, but it happens in an event that won't be accessible in a couple months.

GG Blizzard

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So why do the Burning Legion go back to Argus when killed but other things go to Shadowlands? And why when we die do we go to some limbo shadowland and just run back to our corpse? I'm sure this is all explained in a fashion that doesn't retcon or isn't in some stupid fucking online novel obscurely tucked away on the internet on some fucking web series.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So why do the Burning Legion go back to Argus when killed but other things go to Shadowlands? And why when we die do we go to some limbo shadowland and just run back to our corpse? I'm sure this is all explained in a fashion that doesn't retcon or isn't in some stupid fucking online novel obscurely tucked away on the internet on some fucking web series.
My understanding was that the Legion are bound to Argus. Similar to how "we're" bound to Azeroth. Everyone gets their own heaven/hell of sorts. And the jailer imprisoning everyone seems to be the plotline yet to be answered...

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wasnt that the massive retcon that makes no sense?

iirc originally demons aka the legion died and went to the twisting nether. Then Argus was used to reanimate them and bring them back to the living world if they died.

Now with Shadowlands everyone goes to there for judgement?

Daidraco

Iirc, Demons are barred from going to Shadowlands. Something about the the lore of Lord Denathrius of the Venthyr and how he "may" be a demon. Demons are reborn upon death in Argus. Or some such non sense. I just go with it at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure the plotline will be cohesive and well explained as I level in SL.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
The Icecrown rares spawn every 20min with timer and zone announcement. Just alt+tab in every 20min for the drops I guess. Not much else to do it seems like. The lag is also terrible, not really giving much confidence in a smooth launch.

This is actually stupid bullshit from my perspective. All I want to do is get the bag for my alts, but the way they have set it up with a rare rotation you can kill the bag guy once on one character every 7 hours for a chance at a rare drop.

Given I actually sleep and work, it's looking to be once a day if I am lucky and it's looking uncertain for even one character.

Sigh.

• 1Truth!

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
They fucking gated this? Jesus. Just wanted a couple cutscenes for the lead-in to SL and then log off until SL launched.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
This level of damage adjustments doesn't spark a lot of confidence that they are ready for a release.

No one knows what the fuck they are doing, it's not just damage adjustments they are adjusting numbers all over the place. For example in the most recent build they nerfed anima gains by 50% or more, and raised the weekly Renown quest requirements by 50% (from 1000 to 1500). As a result, if you want to keep up with Renown (which gates a ton of shit including gear upgrades now) you need to grind world quests for 2-3 hours, every single day.

It also leads to shit like this at the mission table:

Du5oHKy.jpg

30Kev0I.jpg

I'm pretty sure this will get changed in the next build, but why are they even fucking with this stuff so close to release? For a bunch of rockstar theorycraft nerds, they seem to be pretty bad at doing basic numbers tuning on a lot of stuff.

Also they changed the Torghast intro quests timegate from daily to weekly. So now instead of it taking 1-2 weeks it's going to take like 2 months to unlock the final wing (which everyone will have to do if you want a mount that works in the Maw).

I was really in love with this expansion a few months ago before they piled on all these soul crushing grinds. Now all I can do is sit back and watch the trainwreck.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Heh, Heh, Heh. I see gold made its way back onto the mission table.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor

I didn't even notice this until you brought it up, but I just checked all of my bricked characters that had the mission table unlocked. All 5 of them have a mission for 260-270ish gold.

At least for now, gold is back on the menu boys!

Merrith

Did it disappear for a bit? Was always getting some random gold missions throughout from what I remember (although I only checked sporadically). Also if you're only getting like 100-200g a pop, hardly worth it for hours long missions.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Did it disappear for a bit? Was always getting some random gold missions throughout from what I remember (although I only checked sporadically). Also if you're only getting like 100-200g a pop, hardly worth it for hours long missions.

Early on in the Expansion, it is not worth it. Later on, when people have multiple alts at max level, it starts to add up. Let alone people who no-life the game and have dozens of max levels.

Last edited:
  • 1Like