World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just remember gold rewards being a lot higher in Legion/WoD

It was a lot higher in Legion. I bought tons of game tokens just playing casually. I don't know what their line of thought was with nerfing gold income in BFA because I am sure they lost of a lot of income because of that. I've been buying tokens off the AH the moment they went live up until last spring when my stash ran out. I simply quit playing because BFA wasn't worth paying for.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I used to spend gold left and right in Legion. I have spent less than 1k on the AH since BFA came out.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Permanently lost souls.

You know, with the way this lore is going... I bet Blizzard buys the EQ franchise just to have her invade Norrath when she's defeated in Shadowlands and somehow she ends up in the Ethernere.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume people paying for/playing WoW still just really, really, really love dicks up their ass.

Hey now spronk hasn't played in years, he just stays subbed because Blizzard is a good company. What's 15 dollars to show a lifetime of appreciation.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You know, with the way this lore is going... I bet Blizzard buys the EQ franchise just to have her invade Norrath when she's defeated in Shadowlands and somehow she ends up in the Ethernere.

The old team might be on board with this. The current EJ rockstars have likely never heard of EQ or would pretend not to know what that is.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Could be... I completed the gold mission on each of my characters, and none of them have one today.

Nah, I have been running one character of each covenant through missions fairly regularly to test it out ( a few clicks every 3-8 hours is not a lot of time investment ), you typically get around 3 or so gold reward missions a day. They do not appear to have scaled in reward at all from level 1 through level 30 though. This isn't limited to gold though, the gear missions still give the same ilvl as they did at level 1 ( Scaled to character ilvl, capping at 194 ).

Nothing particularly interesting in mission rewards, mostly insultingly low amounts of AP, often less than the cost of launching the mission in the first place. You get the occasional mission for soul ash, so can save you a bit of Torghast farming, on the downside that you get adventurers to run missions from doing Torghast soooo ;p

There is not even a faint level of balance among the difficulty of the missions, the rewards, or the power of the adventurers each covenant gets though. You get 15 adventurers and Croman for all but Kyrian ( who get 16 for some reason ), usually enough to make one 'A-Team' and two 'B-Teams', although some are more an 'A' team, and two 'F' teams. The disparity is pretty hilarious though - night fae can make a team that clears missions where the equivalent kyrian or venthyr teams splat like a bug on the windscreen, and the necrolord's Marileth and Plaguey are probably better than any 5 kyrian adventurers combined. Shitloads of them flat out don't work too.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The old team might be on board with this. The current EJ rockstars have likely never heard of EQ or would pretend not to know what that is.
Balance the numbers (since the numbers are now all fake, since everything is scaled), and open up a shared server in which you can be playing EQ OR World of Warcraft characters. In the same place.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Is it just me or is this the most boring pre-expansion event in the history of WoW? You can opt out of the zombie apocalypse, and Icecrown is basically all players sitting around like vultures waiting for the next rare to spawn, after which it basically melts.

Well, at least I can do more interesting things in between the 20 minutes, like ironing my underwear or watching paint dry.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, they are busy making quality of life worse in SL. No time to make a good pre-xpack event with that full time job.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As per the Copy/Paste motto of all shitty "AAA" game companies, like Activision and EA, this event fits the mold (welcome to nuBlizzard).

Step 1: Copy boss_X_0291 from dungeon/raid and paste into overworld.
Step 2: Copy wotlk_event_001 from 2008 event, nerf it, and paste into 2020.
Step 3: Call boss for a that-a-boy.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or is this the most boring pre-expansion event in the history of WoW? You can opt out of the zombie apocalypse, and Icecrown is basically all players sitting around like vultures waiting for the next rare to spawn, after which it basically melts.

Well, at least I can do more interesting things in between the 20 minutes, like ironing my underwear or watching paint dry.

I'm not sure why they felt the need to make gearing up fresh alts at the end of the expansion a slough. I geared up my Shaman, but fuck if I'm doing it for the rest of my alts. The respawn timer between the rares should be at least 10 minutes, and not 20 minutes. It wouldn't surprise me if they made it 20 minutes because of the 34 slot bag which I got on my mage and shaman in 4 tries. I lucked out there.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure why they felt the need to make gearing up fresh alts at the end of the expansion a slough.
Because they are not really playing the game the way the majority of the playerbase is playing it. Those are raiders and theorycrafters, which is this dangerous combination of weaponized autism and narcissm.

I killed around 25 rares and all I got was pants. Twice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
To be fair, they are busy making quality of life worse in SL. No time to make a good pre-xpack event with that full time job.

I get the feeling they hired a bunch of fired USPS workers to run WoW. This is the only explanation as to how emotionless and uncreative their efforts are.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Is the bag why people are killing the nameds? After doing so much Icecrown for all the mounts / pets / etc. back in the day, I ran through the 'new' quests in five minutes and left.