World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Since Diablo Immortal is being developed by a Chinese studio, Activision can remain on as publisher and detach Blizzard from it.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The sheer fucking entitlement that we have to pay a morally bankrupt company to sort out their culture as some sort of public good.
Now take that all the way up to your little constitutional monarchy that takes your money at gunpoint and you're getting somewhere.

We'll make an American out of you yet, Tory.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can someone give me a Tl;dr of what Alex did to this girl that caused him to get named in the lawsuit?

I'd go back and look for it in this thread, but I don't want to.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Can someone give me a Tl;dr of what Alex did to this girl that caused him to get named in the lawsuit?

He wanted to marry her. And used his shake weight while she was watching.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Will Blizzard go full-retard with the game revisions to make the woke crowd feel happy?

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If they are all gathering in a parking lot, that would be the perfect time for house cleaning.

Speaking of parking lots... I wonder if anyone beyond Alan "Bill" Crosby abused or gave preferential gender-based people at SOE. Surely there's more cases out there besides the two I know of (Luperza and Tiggs)?

Cybsled

n7utPH9.png

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1627434254827.png

How the mighty has fallen. This off-peak Asmon hours.

Then there is Overwatch....

1627434331242.png

Dead game....

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

The girl who posted the pile on tweet isn't directly linked to the lawsuit, supposedly she had never said anything before her tweets. Afrasiabi was highlighted in the lawsuit for being involved in reportedly a "pattern of reported behaviors, and Blizzard President J. Allan Brack gave him verbal warnings and he did not alter his behavior." It didn't get super specific but did mention his office was called something like the "Bill Cosby room."

Edit: Keep in mind this isn't a personal lawsuit from employees against specific Blizzard managers, this is a government agency lawsuit about basically institutional control of sexual harassment policies and practices. The DFEH lawsuit doesn't have to substantiate specific instances of sexual harassment, only specific instances of sexual harassment claims behing handled improperly by the company.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Activision throwing them under the bus now

We are taking swift action to be the compassionate, caring company you came to work for and to ensure a safe environment. There is no place
anywhere at our Company for discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment of any kind.

Translation: free $200 in Blizzbucks for everyone!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Activision throwing them under the bus now

I have asked the law firm WilmerHale to conduct a review of our policies and procedures to ensure that we have and maintain best practices to
promote a respectful and inclusive workplace. This work will begin immediately. The WilmerHale team will be led by Stephanie Avakian, who is a
member of the management team at WilmerHale and was most recently the Director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s
Division of Enforcement.

(from reddit)
An interesting tidbit. WilmerHale (also known as Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr) is the law firm that Ion Hazzikostas used to be an associate at before he worked for Blizzard.

Before joining Blizzard Ion was an associate in the Litigation Department at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, a Washington, DC based law firm. Source, Source of Source

hmm, coincidence?

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"It turns out we were following best practices all along and you just should have stopped tempting Alex, you vixens."

Argarth

On the verandah
3. Personnel Changes.
"We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated."

That's the most interesting part in Kotick's letter for me. Pretty definitive. One could reasonably expect JAB to be silently exiting stage left in the not too distant future.
If he gets a pass, then the rest of the letter would appear to be nothing more than fluff.

• 3Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The girl who posted the pile on tweet isn't directly linked to the lawsuit, supposedly she had never said anything before her tweets. Afrasiabi was highlighted in the lawsuit for being involved in reportedly a "pattern of reported behaviors, and Blizzard President J. Allan Brack gave him verbal warnings and he did not alter his behavior." It didn't get super specific but did mention his office was called something like the "Bill Cosby room."

Edit: Keep in mind this isn't a personal lawsuit from employees against specific Blizzard managers, this is a government agency lawsuit about basically institutional control of sexual harassment policies and practices. The DFEH lawsuit doesn't have to substantiate specific instances of sexual harassment, only specific instances of sexual harassment claims behing handled improperly by the company.
The harassment sections are minor compared to the CRT sections which are the bulk of the lawsuit. Its amazing how the Twitter / YouTube and even Twitch crowds are in such a frenzy over the harassment charges. None of which were so vile enough as to be worth making their own lawsuits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users