World of Warcraft: Current Year

Stave

Potato del Grande
From what I saw Ion isn't named in the lawsuit. Before he joined Blizz he was an attorney in D.C. Even the dumbest attorneys are careful of what they do and say because they know it can come back to haunt you.

He's probably clean because he came from a more professional work environment. Probably sits at home at drinking bourbon while reading this case paper to himself and laughing his ass off while thinking about how hes going to get promoted solely based on everyone else around him shooting themselves in the foot.
Im sure he probably is clean. But if people are holding all management responsible and saying "they had to have known", then he should fall on the same chopping block. And let's be honest, I just want to see him gone as director of WoW, but at this point does it even really matter?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nobody reports because getting a new job is hard.

"I'll report when I have a new job lined up."

Then you finally get to the new job and just want all that baggage left behind. It's too much stress to file a civil suit. Example: I haven't sent a demand letter for the 20k in back overtime my last company owes me. They just got purchased so I don't even know how that'd work. I'd rather just focus on the new job, and the pay increase more than makes up for it.
You pay a lawyer $500 and you get your money back. There is no stress to it. You don't make so much money that you can leave $20,000 on the table. Also, you don't "make up" for lost money. That's not how money works. Lost money is gone forever.

I swear, you and Foler should co-write a novel because you two are good at making shit up.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I would expect to lose my job if I signed a petition saying my job handled anything wrong.
The company did the only thing you can do in legal situations, deny, deny, deny. Also, there is never any apology that's good enough, so who gives a fuck what they say? There is no right thing to say. Have you seen the reactions to every execs personal apologies? People are like "his apology is meaningless, he had to have known, lock him up and throw away the key!"
I mean so would I, unless it was me and like 1000 other people, then probably not. There's a reason collective action is actually a thing in workplace history.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
In todays society, with every person on the planet walking around with a video and audio recorder ready to be deployed in an instant notice....

They either recorded it, or the shit didnt happen.

I have zero connections or loyalty to any party here, but unless there is some sort of evidence that something took place and was complained about at the time....I have a hard time believing it.

I , too, had a crazy ex at one point that made a shit load of accusations long after the fact and she couldnt prove anything she said, but at the same time since it was 8 years prior...I damn sure couldnt disprove it either.

If someone did something wrong and there is clear cut evidence of it, then punish them. If all the allegations are years after the fact and cant be proven...drop it.

Way, way too many instances of false allegations these days.

Disclosure: I havent followed this particular story. Just making general statements.
I mean I've done crazy drunken shit in the last year that I 100% guarantee no one has video of, it's almost like in small social gatherings it's easy to tell when someone is shining a video recording iPhone in your face.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
You pay a lawyer $500 and you get your money back. There is no stress to it. You don't make so much money that you can leave $20,000 on the table. Also, you don't "make up" for lost money. That's not how money works. Lost money is gone forever.

I swear, you and Foler should co-write a novel because you two are good at making shit up.
$20k in back overtime is largely an uncollectable debt. If it was $200k, maybe. Employment lawyers unlike many plaintiffs attorneys generally do not work on contingency, you're going to pay for every hour of trial time and discovery, and then if you win, you're going to probably pay for appeals as well. Then at the end of that you have a piece of paper that gives you the right to initiate collections proceedings, which might result in you getting pennies on the dollar of what you were originally owed, and you could easily have spent 5 figures in legal fees. It's always funny the people with no knowledge of the legal system thinks it's like the movies, you win your case and suddenly a big check appears in your hands making you whole. Collecting judgements is almost as difficult as winning them in the first place in many cases. Collecting on settlements is of course much easier because both parties agree to it, but dirtbag employers who stiff people on wages are some of the least likely to be "affable defendants."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
$20k in back overtime is largely an uncollectable debt. If it was $200k, maybe. Employment lawyers unlike many plaintiffs attorneys generally do not work on contingency, you're going to pay for every hour of trial time and discovery, and then if you win, you're going to probably pay for appeals as well. Then at the end of that you have a piece of paper that gives you the right to initiate collections proceedings, which might result in you getting pennies on the dollar of what you were originally owed, and you could easily have spent 5 figures in legal fees. It's always funny the people with no knowledge of the legal system thinks it's like the movies, you win your case and suddenly a big check appears in your hands making you whole. Collecting judgements is almost as difficult as winning them in the first place in many cases. Collecting on settlements is of course much easier because both parties agree to it, but dirtbag employers who stiff people on wages are some of the least likely to be "affable defendants."
I've done it, so it's not like I'm getting my ideas from reruns of Night Court. Granted, Mist might not have a case because she was probably playing Warcraft the whole time and trying to claim it as work. In my case it was dead easy to fix because all the hours worked were logged. Simple mistake that slipped through the cracks. They weren't a bunch of dirtbags, but I could see how a dirtbag company would do it just to screw with someone.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Foler is terrible at making shit up, thats why he gets accused of lying like 10x a day

i dont know how i posted this considering I died last week

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Preach just said on stream that he's gonna stop covering wow (outside of friday's drama time)

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Preach just said on stream that he's gonna stop covering wow (outside of friday's drama time)

2ab5f30cf2fc1cd7c5bc2c1e02dd608b.png

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah other than covering the Blizzard drama there's nothing in this for streamers/YouTubers anymore.

They are all looking at the immense amount of content and views Asmongold got from just the FF14 base game.

Why cover the shark jumping rape game with exploitative monitisation when you can pivot into covering the new MMOs or comfy cat waifu fashion game with stream friendly raiding?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why cover the shark jumping rape game with exploitative monitisation when you can pivot into covering the new MMOs or comfy cat waifu fashion game with stream friendly raiding?

Don't forget about tits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
While I agree some youtubers/streamers/influencers think way too highly of themselves and how much anyone gives a shit about what they think, it's undeniable that some of them leaving WoW / going into another game IS having a major impact. Especially since Blizzard basically cut all communications towards the player community a couple years ago, so the players get their news from youtubers.

Only a couple weeks ago, Asmongold alone with his own stream was having almost 3 times the viewers compared to ALL the WoW content streams on Twitch. (200K for him, 73K total WoW)

He's definitely the largest influencer in this game, but every time another one joins the exodus, it's going to tip some people in the direction to cancel or move on because they were already on the verge for a while.

Blizzard's been too lazy for this expansion, they thought they're too big to fail, that players will keep playing no matter what because there's no other avenues to pursue, and it's been sometimes true in the past, but the context has changed, there's a serious rival now, and it's an aging game. Laziness and delays just won't cut it anymore.

I still play WoW, mostly because I'm an old MMO gamer that doesn't want to move onto another one because I really want this one to be my last one, MMOs take way too much time and I stopped raiding or caring about anything competitive like 13 years ago. I play it because I'm a OCD collector of various useless shit and sunk-time fallacy.

Quite a few people in my dwindling friends list in WoW do stuff for the same reason : I do it so once it's done I don't have to do it anymore.

MMOs as a whole have always been joked about as being a second job you pay for, but it's never been more true than now for WoW.

And how many players are just logging in to go through the motions, and then they see on MMO-Champion or Wowhead or whatever other snowflake website of WoW news that soandso stops streaming it, or leaves out of protest, or whatnot.. it's going to make them realize even more that they should just cancel their sub.

• 1Pathetic

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

You are almost as big of a know-nothing asshole as Foler, yet Foler is clearly trying to post as a humorous, one might even say Trump-ean persona, while you are just a stupid asshole.

• 1Salty