World of Warplanes

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone in the open beta for this? I got into it last week. It's actually not that bad, basically PvP with WWII era airplanes. Apparently at some point in the future it's supposed to interface with World of Tanks.

In game name is synfresh.

http://worldofwarplanes.com/

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hear it's good w/ a joystick, thought given the engine don't think it's really that improved over M:KB. Beta (closed) was ok because of massive xp boosts. But play for a few weeks and it gets to be the very grindy even w/ boost. (And can't imagine it on release, I already hate world of tanks because of how extreme getting to t7+ is without premium though I'm a masochist and still play.) To me, after a while the matches become all the same. I liked low tiers because you were more apt to get really fun engagements where your at 10% health and fight off 2-3 noobs.

So far, War Thunder if you are into the planes is a massively better choice. World of tanks model works well, but for airplanes, it just feels too like a wii game or something. Maybe they'll fix it up more (I'll try it again in a month), maybe make bombers worth a shit like they are in thunder. (Nothing like losing after downing fighers 3:1 but no one went after the bombers who are pummeling base and they are so high that you can do nothing as it would take several minutes to climb high enough.)

orcmauler

Golden Squire
It has promise, but most matches--thus far--wind up being circle fests. While that may be "realistic" for the type, it just isn't that fun.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Warthunderwasbetter until their devs kept fucking with the game economy and nerfing arcade to push people into historic battles.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, I d/l'd Warthunder yesterday and I agree, it's a much better/deeper plane sim. I'm also suprised I had not heard about it before until posted here.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Shame that your are almost forced to using large amount of Money on a "free to play" game to get anywhere. starter crew compared to maxxed ace crew is not a Little difference its insanely huge. thats my biggest problem with warthunder that and rammers everywhere

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Still waiting on Ships. From either company. Probably will be waiting a while as I think I'm the only one interested in pre-missile 20th century ship combat games, as I don't think any exist.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm mostly interested in the huge battles that could come in the future when you have warships, tanks and planes all on one map.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
yeah Tanks Vs Warships will be epic...

1st Tank: Head towards the water. It's about 2 miles away.
2nd Tank: OMW
3rd Tank: Did you see a flash over near the horizon?
1st Tank: I think so. Maybe someone got one of the ships.

Military Command: Dear Madam: We regret to inform you..

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nah man, you'll have tanks sinking battleships because they're aiming for "weak spots" in their armor and penetrate for full damage while the ships just miss and reload forever - remember, ships are artillery.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Funny, second I saw Aces High I thought of you B and shazzam it is. Still think war thunder needs a chance, if just for more fun on casual now and then to take a break from full realism mode. Started playing again last few days, seems like some cool stuff added. IL-2 in arcade is like ridiculous awesome.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am really digging War Thunder. We should get a thread going on it if there isn't one.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like it, been playing casually although I'm at a certain point (tier 6 Germany) where it just feels like a grind now. What I like about it is there is a lot going on each map. The ground forces actually shoot realistic AA and Flak and if they are not taken down you will get shot up. Planes seems to take realistic damage, paint goes flying, wings get clipped, etc.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Are their groups or guilds or anything? I haven't looked around yet. Maybe we can get a rerolled thing going.