World's Largest Video Game Collection for sale

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Michael's a published author, college professor, an accomplished computer programmer(his thing is making new games on older original hardware), a successful businessman, and all of that on top of being a world record holder.

What have you done lately?
wrekt

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I said it before: the used games market is as dead as an abducted Inuit in death valley.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Herp derp, my minimum bid is its appraised value, why won't it sell.

Buying something at its actual value is called being a sucker.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The market for sealed video games is nuts. I sold a sealed copy of Majora's Mask for $500 a couple years ago. And that was without sending it in to get it graded by whatever company does that shit.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So what is the over under with Ripley's Believe It or Not, or a museum with too much earmarked funds on their hands from picking this up?

Szlia

My guess would be someone very wealthy, possibly directly related to the video game industry, with an interest in the preservation of the medium. A Gabe Nevell for instance.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_68919.jpg

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Current Bid:$750,250.00 by peeps_10091970

Closing in a little over an hour. That price works out to about $68 per game, which seems like a little bit of a rip off since I bet most of them are "worth" about $5 tops. I don't see anywhere where the seller says that the hardware to play the games is included in the auction either.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I had to lend a guess - tons of time, but the money is probably negligible since it was business related.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Current Bid:$750,250.00 by peeps_10091970

Closing in a little over an hour. That price works out to about $68 per game, which seems like a little bit of a rip off since I bet most of them are "worth" about $5 tops. I don't see anywhere where the seller says that the hardware to play the games is included in the auction either.
Kind of irrelevant since a lot of it is mint in box and a collector wouldn't want to open them. If you actually play these games, odds are you'll do it on an emulator regardless of if you own them.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wasn't really thinking about them being playable at all, just looking at the pictures and seeing all kinds of hardware that might add a few thousand dollars to the overall value of the auction, since the $68 per game price seems too steep to be true. Then looking at the text description and seeing absolutely nothing about the hardware.