Worth going all Apple?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Bested by a Dell. Ouch.

FWIW, one of my Dells has been plagued with issues. The other hasn't had a single problem. Maybe you had a Lemon, not an Apple. =D

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bested by a Dell. Ouch.

FWIW, one of my Dells has been plagued with issues. The other hasn't had a single problem. Maybe you had a Lemon, not an Apple. =D
That's a fair point. The unavoidable issue is price.

Buying Apple. Ouch, that's expensive (said everyone buying any Apple product ever).

Cor_sl

shitlord

Buying Apple. Ouch, that's expensive (said everyone buying any Apple product ever).
Depends on what you're comparing them to.

Like I said in my post earlier, I used to buy the high-end Sony ultraportables. My Macbook was, in fact, cheaper than my Vaio. Even looking at other high end laptops, Macbook's are pretty competitive price wise. The refurbs are a great bargain, too. Essentially brand new Apple stuff for 20% off.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No one can argue very effectively that buying Apple hasn't always been more expensive, on average, than buying elsewhere. It's true, they are more expensive, in general. You need only look at their Black Friday "deals" to see how much of a niche market they serve.

Yes, there will be notable exceptions, but in the end, Apple stuff does tend to be at the top end of the price point for pretty much everything. I also happen to think some of that is merited, because they make good (not disciple-good... consumer-good) products.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Apple's best days are behind them. people are starting to realize Apple is out of ideas and moving on to better tech. today they had to cut their order for new iPjones in half because no one is buying that half assed shit phone. no one needs iPods anymore, their computers are trash, iTunes is losing market share and the tablet market is more than saturated. 2013 won't be pretty for these queers.

also OP is a faggot for even suggesting the idea.
http://bgr.com/2013/01/14/iphone-5-a...t-cuts-291307/

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
A post bred from ignorance.

- False. My steam library in OSX only has a couple of titles that don't work, which I got in bundles and don't give a fuck about anyway.
- Just a stupid comment to make. My IPT history would disagree with you.
- Apple has just as many third party peripherals as anyone else, it's pretty cheap and easy to get anything I need.

The rest of your comments maybe .001% of people give a shit about.
Frenzied Wombat is a known troll / idiot. I don't give a shit about the whole Mac vs PC thing. I find using PCs to be a chore. I'm not a retard that has to "customize my UI" or whatever, and I'm an adult who doesn't have to play every PC game that comes out. Just use whatever you want, but to sit there and imply that only artists or retards or whatever use Macs is just stupid, and reminiscent of the OS debates from the mid 1990s.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I said games worth playing. Far Cry 3, Xcom, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, etc.. You know Game of the Year type stuff. You can run a shitty port or in boot camp maybe, but then you might as well own a PC. Don't even try and compare the Mac selection of games to PC..

As for torrents, Alorkin above confirmed what I said

But by all means, I acquiesce ok? How about this, "A mac can do most of what a PC does, just costs twice as much". Less for more money, help yourself.

Also, before you all get your panties in a bunch, I fully recognize that Mac's have a valid target market. Like I said, all my sisters own one based upon my suggestion. So stfu.

A post bred from ignorance.

- False. My steam library in OSX only has a couple of titles that don't work, which I got in bundles and don't give a fuck about anyway.
- Just a stupid comment to make. My IPT history would disagree with you.
- Apple has just as many third party peripherals as anyone else, it's pretty cheap and easy to get anything I need.

The rest of your comments maybe .001% of people give a shit about.

Cor_sl

shitlord
No one can argue very effectively that buying Apple hasn't always been more expensive, on average, than buying elsewhere. It's true, they are more expensive, in general. You need only look at their Black Friday "deals" to see how much of a niche market they serve.

Yes, there will be notable exceptions, but in the end, Apple stuff does tend to be at the top end of the price point for pretty much everything. I also happen to think some of that is merited, because they make good (not disciple-good... consumer-good) products.
For sure. Their kit is expensive, but I don't think it's a "rip off" like some people say. It's high end gear at a high end price. If you compare it to high end gear from other companies, it's normally priced around the same/slightly more expensive.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
^ FW, and you're absolutely wrong about torrents. It just shows what an ignorant retard you are. There are a number of fantastic torrent clients for mac. uTorrent, Transmission, etc.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah troll by virtue of the fact that me and most of the rest of the civilized world don't agree with your gun control philosophy.

Go back to a thread that you actually have some knowledge of, like guns or digital rectal exams.

Frenzied Wombat is a known troll / idiot. I don't give a shit about the whole Mac vs PC thing. I find using PCs to be a chore. I'm not a retard that has to "customize my UI" or whatever, and I'm an adult who doesn't have to play every PC game that comes out.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Frenzied Wombat is a known troll / idiot. I don't give a shit about the whole Mac vs PC thing. I find using PCs to be a chore. I'm not a retard that has to "customize my UI" or whatever, andI'm an adult who doesn't have to play every PC game that comes out.
WTF does that have to do with anything? You can't be an adult and play a lot of video games? That's a pretty retarded thing to say given this is a gaming forum.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
hey simpleton, I wasn't talking about torrent CLIENTS. I'm talking about the selection of apps/warez you can download.

^ FW, and you're absolutely wrong about torrents. It just shows what an ignorant retard you are. There are a number of fantastic torrent clients for mac. uTorrent, Transmission, etc.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I said games worth playing. Far Cry 3, Xcom, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, etc.. You know Game of the Year type stuff. You can run a shitty port or in boot camp maybe, but then you might as well own a PC. Don't even try and compare the Mac selection of games to PC..

As for torrents, Alorkin above confirmed what I said

But by all means, I acquiesce ok? How about this, "A mac can do most of what a PC does, just costs twice as much". Less for more money, help yourself.
Yes, you're generally right about the torrents. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that there aren't as many, but we already knew that -- there are only a fraction as many Mac users as "PC" users, and not as much software. It follows that there won't be as many torrents. There also isn't as much bullshit to wade through, so this isn't all bad.

As for games, like I said, not everyone cares. If gaming is your thing, yeah, Boot Camp is probably for you if you want a Mac anyway. Gaming isn't everyone's thing. Your choice of games isn't everyone else's, either.

Macs aren't for everyone and clearly aren't for you, but your anti-zealotry is silly. Some of your points are insignificant and some are just plain wrong.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Just curious, can you build an equivalent Dell laptop (processor, ram, hard drive, web cam, pre-installed software suites, screen, multi touch trackpad, etc) for half the price? The person comparing the price of a refurbished piece of shit Dell (that he admitted was disposable) compared to a new MacBook is rather stupid. I can buy a whole lot of piece of shit vehicles for the price of a Range Rover.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yes, you're generally right about the torrents. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that there aren't as many, but we already knew that -- there are only a fraction as many Mac users as "PC" users, and not as much software. It follows that there won't be as many torrents. There also isn't as much bullshit to wade through, so this isn't all bad.

As for games, like I said, not everyone cares. If gaming is your thing, yeah, Boot Camp is probably for you if you want a Mac anyway. Gaming isn't everyone's thing. Your choice of games isn't everyone else's, either.
This is so stupid though. How many torrent clients do you need? Why do I need 10 of them?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Depends on what you're comparing them to.

Like I said in my post earlier, I used to buy the high-end Sony ultraportables. My Macbook was, in fact, cheaper than my Vaio. Even looking at other high end laptops, Macbook's are pretty competitive price wise. The refurbs are a great bargain, too. Essentially brand new Apple stuff for 20% off.
Sony shit is also ridiculously overpriced and marketed to people who care more about fashion than function. Doesn't mean that makes macs costing twice as much as they should a good value.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is so stupid though. How many torrent clients do you need? Why do I need 10 of them?
Agreed, which is why I mentioned that there isn't as much bullshit to wade through on a Mac site / in a bunch of Mac torrents.

If there were as many OSX users as there are Windows users, though, that would change. People want "choice", whatever that means, because in the end, competing software often does the same thing(s) as all of its competition anyway. Look at how many Windows torrent clients there are...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sony shit is also ridiculously overpriced and marketed to people who care more about fashion than function. Doesn't mean that makes macs costing twice as much as they should a good value.
I would love to know where this "twice as much" thing comes from. So, you'd go spec out a Macbook and tell me that that Macbook should be literally half the price you specced it at? What are you using as a comparison?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's not even close. This is equivalent to a 15" 2.3ghz MacBook which is $1799.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=T71-156409$599

Examples like this are a dime a dozen.

Just curious, can you build an equivalent Dell laptop (processor, ram, hard drive, web cam, pre-installed software suites, screen, multi touch trackpad, etc) for half the price? The person comparing the price of a refurbished piece of shit Dell (that he admitted was disposable) compared to a new MacBook is rather stupid. I can buy a whole lot of piece of shit vehicles for the price of a Range Rover.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I guess the high end stuff from Samsung, HP, Asus, Lenovo, etc. is all overpriced then, too?

You don't compare a Mercedes to a Mini. You compare it to a BMW or an Audi or whatever, much the same as you don't compare a high end laptop with a low end bottom of the rung Dell.