Would you want to know?

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
If given the option to know the true nature of all existence one way or the other;

i.e. does god exist, do I go anywhere when I die, is this all there is?

But that information came at the cost of you feeling apathetic towards everything in your life, and even by knowing, you still wouldn't be able to change anything, would you still want to know?

To clarify, it would be like flipping a switch in your mind, akin to seeing Mickey Mouse backstage at Disney with his head off smoking a cigarette. Realizing the Wizard of Oz has no real power, or only being able to play video games in "god-mode" where there is no risk and everything is already known. Essentially the magic is gone.

What would you choose?

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yes I'd want to know. I could then live my life accordingly depending on whether there was or wasnt an afterlife and if I was going to be judged.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since I'm already apathetic towards just about everything, it would just erase any doubts I had, and I could finally live my life!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
if you have any doubts about whether God exists or not, this video will make them disappear:

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Nope, wouldn't want to know. I'd choose to continue having faith, and find passion in what I do. I simply can not abide an apathetic existence.

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
Apathy is not a life worth living. Ignorance is where it is at.

rrr_img_4313.jpg

rrr_img_4313.jpg

grimshaw_sl

shitlord
Why wait to find out if there is a make believe bearded toga man in the sky who cares whether or not you have extra skin on your penis and whether you eat clean or unclean animals? Just move to north korea. You can live your life in service to a dictator and be told everything you need to know for this life and the next - praise your leader.

As for me, I'm livin up this brief flash of spontaneous systematic atomic autonomy while it lasts in it's current form.

Ryanz

<Banned>
It still boggles my mind that adults...let me repeat myself....ADULTS...as in grown ass men and women...still believe in a magic being up in the sky.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Keg is right, Creed is all the reason we need to know that God exists and he hates us. Creed can never be random, that kind of hate has to be focused.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I would want to know.

I have no clue if God exists. I do not believe he exists in the way religions say he does. I believe in Science, but I have no clue if God created the Big Bang or Evolution. When I think of how vast the universe is and how insignificant we are as humans I really cannot argue for or against God. I guess that makes me Agnostic? "God" might just be an energy force for all I know.

All that said, fuck religion. It is man made, fucking corrupt and simply a power grab. Don't agree with me hen ask a bunch of Catholic boys with swollen rectums. Or ask a bunch Muslim women that have been that have been stoned to death for showing too much ankle. Or ask Gays ... the list goes on and on.

I honestly doubt people's intelligence when they say they are religious. I have no issue when they say they believe in God or that they are spiritual, but religious? Really?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, why do I have to be apathetic towards everything? What kind of retarded caveat is that?

I would absolutely want to know. I was mostly thinking I would want to know the composition/origin on the universe. I don't see why that information should automatically make me apathetic though. Outside of people with "faith," when have you ever had more information and it made you miserable about everything?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What if finding out meant discovering that the supreme creator was malevolent? What if we are a grand experiment of a sadist who delights in our suffering?

Would you prefer that to knowing there was no supernatural creator?WOULD YOU EDGE?!?!?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why knowing would make me apathetic unless that's some magic plot device for the poll. I know of virtually no major belief system where I couldn't forsee having a meaningful life after having undeniable evidence of the legitimacy of that belief system. From atheism to judiasm to buddhism.

Based on the assumption that you apathetic outlook is just conjecture I have to vote that yes, I'd want to know.