WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So tempting.... Greatest regret was quitting ED before I could get Tfury on my gnome rogue. One binding and all the mats acquired...

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
I've been watching the Vanilla drama unfold. I used to be in the Kronos camp, but I'm just sitting on the fence waiting to test both servers out. Both servers claim to offer high quality scripting and DDOS protection. A few things that interests me about Nostalrius is they have multiple organized NA Horde guilds and multiple devs.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i heard the other day ED was rumored to have a virus in their installation that they use to have their players ddos other servers.. i played on ED but couldnt remember there being a patch, just change the login.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Kronos and Nostalrius are competing for the same vanilla community and they're worried that there won't be enough players for both servers since they're both being released at the same time.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Vanilla is.... Boring, don't see the hype.

I played vanilla on live and that was great because it was new but to relive it again and again, to never progress to TBC and wotlk is depressing.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
To add, seems like nostalrius looks a lot better, presented and with a clear goal laid out, with a full release instead of an open beta with gmcommands like Kronos.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A fresh vanilla server is always fun. Going to roll an orc warlock on Nostalrius

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Still a week out but I'd definitely suggest having some sort of guild setup, it will help everyone involved.

I would suggest making a separate thread though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't know how you guys have it in you to level at vanilla pace these days, i'd enjoy playing the end game/pvp of vanilla but the grind itself is a huge turn off
frown.png

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Good input Rhuma, thanks.

There are several accelerated and instant 60 servers out there if you want instant gratification.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I'm in a lull for my gaming needs, everything seems to be so 'meh' to me lately, so there's a good chance I'll roll up on the server and dick around for a while and see if it sticks, population really makes a server, so we'll have to see.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
New post from Nostalrius on their timeline and content:

Nostalrius Begins - Quality wow vanilla realm (1.12) View topic - Content available for the release date

5. Summary
The original challenge in the game will be maintained through pre-1.4 items, while keeping the game unaffected.
The restoration of old items will mainly be based on the pre-1.4 patch, with some exceptions applied, in order to respect a particular balance between PvE and PvP.
These points will evolve with the timeline:
- PvE content => pre-1.4
- Tier 2 pre-1.4 only available on Ragnaros and Onyxia
- PvP content => 1.4
- PvP factions are unlocked but the rewards will not be available at launch.
They're also reducing the debuff slots from 16 to 8 temporarily.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So this is not the 1.12, but 1.4? If so, this is in the golden age of WoW, before the massive nerfs and normalization that happened in 1.12, just before TBC.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So this is not the 1.12, but 1.4? If so, this is in the golden age of WoW, before the massive nerfs and normalization that happened in 1.12, just before TBC.
See - I thought ED was this way too. But they have slight normalizations on weapons. IE even though Viskag hit harder than other weapons, it wasn't as much as it should have iirc. The same for MS weapons for warriors, they hit harder simply because their top ends were greater, but it felt like they were "half normalized" if that makes any sense.

lindz

#DDs
So are they using 1.4 talent trees then?

Edit: Found it. Talents will remain 1.12.

Nostalrius Begins - Quality wow vanilla realm (1.12) View topic - Content available for the release date
Talents would require a core change, and would take a lot of work in comparison to item changes. Essentially months, and there would be compatibility issues--some people have had their trees changed significantly so if you do not switch clients (another huge huge undertaking) there would require "ghost" talents that do nothing for some classes, and most of the talents would have incorrect tool tips as those are hard coded into your client. Not to even mention the problems with talents that have more or less points to put in than they originally did. As neat as playing with old talents are, its really not feasible on a 1.12.1 server.