WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kronos opens this weekend, hopefully it will either be smaller or alleviate the Nost crowd. I'll be moving there and praying the griefers and campers don't want to level again so soon and stay there on Nost.
Think I will try it as well. Nost, mechanically, I
Is a piece of shit. It makes ed look professionally done. S

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
I'll be rolling on kronos as well. However I'm torn as I have a few acquaintances that I used to play with that are now playing on Nostalrius. They think that Nostalrius is good enough and don't want to even try kronos.

I'm so disillusioned with Nostalrius' class bugs and poor ai scripting. The aqual quentessence quest was missing, Rag and major domo didn't have loot and ony is unskinable just shows how unpolished this server is. All of the available raid content was completed in its first instance id with 1.4 loot and 8 debuff slots.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
The devs intended to increase the difficulty of the game to a degree with the 1.4 changes. I just feel that all that effort was a failure and they should of spent the time instead to fix bugs. Instead we have bugs like spells completing while stunned, priest/mage shields not preventing daze, ab missing spirit healers and mobs back-stabbing from the front.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=603

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The devs intended to increase the difficulty of the game to a degree with the 1.4 changes. I just feel that all that effort was a failure and they should of spent the time instead to fix bugs.
Well, ok, but they can't have thought limiting the items available was going to make MC or Onyxia hard. Maybe if they eliminated all the level 60 dungeons completely and made us do it in quest greens and world drops.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The only difficulty in any game is not knowing, vanilla will never be hard unless it is clearly made to be borderline impossible, Lich king heroic comes to mind.

People liked the idea of vanilla because it was "hard" but really is just "longer."

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The only difficulty in any game is not knowing, vanilla will never be hard unless it is clearly made to be borderline impossible, Lich king heroic comes to mind.

People liked the idea of vanilla because it was "hard" but really is just "longer."
Vanilla is just full of cockblocks. Its not and never was hard.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Think I will try it as well. Nost, mechanically, I
Is a piece of shit. It makes ed look professionally done. S
You little cunt! What did you roll on Nost and what side will you be rolling on Kronos?

From the bit of beta testing that i did, Kronos is mechanically way better than Nost. Did a run of Uldaman last night, on Nost; and to my surprise the Ironaya event works perfectly. On the other hand though, warrior charge still isn't fixed. As i've said before, Nost scripting is well done, everything else is shit.

Will be trying Kronos, for sure, not sure what side though.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I'll be rolling on kronos as well. However I'm torn as I have a few acquaintances that I used to play with that are now playing on Nostalrius. They think that Nostalrius is good enough and don't want to even try kronos.

I'm so disillusioned with Nostalrius' class bugs and poor ai scripting. The aqual quentessence quest was missing, Rag and major domo didn't have loot and ony is unskinable just shows how unpolished this server is. All of the available raid content was completed in its first instance id with 1.4 loot and 8 debuff slots.
They're also fixing major problems as soon as they occur and patching bugs every week. While not perfect, Nostalrius is the best vanilla server that has ever been made, which is why there's such an absurd amount of people playing on it. The bugs and scripting issues aren't that bad, none of it is really gamebreaking. If you're "so disillusioned" with this, your expectations were too high. This is the standard for new servers, other ones haven't been better.

Kronos almost certainly won't be any better coded/scripted, either; and who the fuck wants to play on a donate-for-perks server?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
They're also fixing major problems as soon as they occur and patching bugs every week. While not perfect, Nostalrius is the best vanilla server that has ever been made, which is why there's such an absurd amount of people playing on it. The bugs and scripting issues aren't that bad, none of it is really gamebreaking. If you're "so disillusioned" with this, your expectations were too high. This is the standard for new servers, other ones haven't been better.

Kronos almost certainly won't be any better coded/scripted, either; and who the fuck wants to play on a donate-for-perks server?
I would suggest you actually do some research before spouting off that regurgitate d bullshit from reddit. There's nothing pay to win on kronos and "best vanilla server ever made" made me laugh so hard, what are you 12 years old?

I give nostalrius a year before they are begging for donations to support the server cost and inevitably shut down or go full blown molten donations for bis gear.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You little cunt! What did you roll on Nost and what side will you be rolling on Kronos?

From the bit of beta testing that i did, Kronos is mechanically way better than Nost. Did a run of Uldaman last night, on Nost; and to my surprise the Ironaya event works perfectly. On the other hand though, warrior charge still isn't fixed. As i've said before, Nost scripting is well done, everything else is shit.

Will be trying Kronos, for sure, not sure what side though.
Probably ally. Did horde this time but eh, just really wasn't my thing. Only thing that really rubs me about ally is the terrible proximity for SM and SFK. And being closer to Blackrock Mountain is the best.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
I really don't think my expectations are too high for a quality server that's been in development for 5 years to have default Mangos bugs fixed and core mechanics like stun working properly. They are fixing bugs and they have fixed one of my complaints so far, absorb shields now prevent daze.

Nostalrius already has a Paypal page setup and they begged for donations so they could upgrade their server. It won't be long before they are begging again.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Probably ally. Did horde this time but eh, just really wasn't my thing. Only thing that really rubs me about ally is the terrible proximity for SM and SFK. And being closer to Blackrock Mountain is the best.
Word. Hit me up. Origin, the gnome mage.

Origin

Molten Core Raider

Yeah, sorry dawg, but this is about as retarded of a post on this matter as it gets. Don't bite too hard into the Nostalrius propaganda. That server is shit. The two things it has going for it are the decent scripting, overall, and the high population. I give it 6 months or so before they start asking for donations given the cost of running that server. Also, show me where Kronos mentions pay-to-win?

Kronos is dope as fuck. There's buggy shit, but day 2 and shit is running smooth as fuck. They're applying fixes on an hourly basis. Population is around 3k (is what people are saying) and tbh that's perfect.

The most important thing is that from a mechanics perspective Kronos is pretty much flawless. Nostalrius is a joke as far as mechanics are concerned. What's the point of even playing where so much mechanical shit is bugged? It's pointless.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Lower pop than Nost by a lot, but seems better for mechanics. Played the whole day with no dc's or lag also.

It was a 100% more enjoyable day 2 than Nost was. Respawns seem high sometimes, but better than fighting over stuff. Loot not being broken is great.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
My biggest problem is vanilla lol classes were so bad in vanilla only a few had decent talents. Paladin blessings are just sooooooooo bad at 5 minutes and 40 man raids makes it even worse.

Kronos is definitely the better sever, I imagine it will have a higher pop when people actually find this out, though I can imagine it would be hard to leave nostalrius after how much time was put in leveling in vanilla with their slow respawns and opening day shenanigans.

After playing wotlk and having paladins so useless is kind of nice though
smile.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Switched over to Kronos and it does feel quite a bit smoother, though there was a hilarious pile of "the plains vision" stuck in fuckery under the bridge in Bloodhoof village. Gotta say, I really miss the old weather effects they had back in the day.

Mulgore hasn't been anywhere near the giant clusterfuck of people like it was on Nos but still see plenty of folks around. Enjoying it so far.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
May I ask what was wrong with Emerald Dream? I dusted off the good old 1.12 WoW and the damn nostalgia feelings are overwhelming me (I met no onion-cutting ninjas so far, which is good, but still...), but the server seems quite fine to me and decently populated as well. I almost forgot how it was sub level 10 to die against a 3 mob pull.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
GMs are batshit crazy. Very polished server but the people who run it are fucking whacko. Little over a year ago they completely out of the blue disbanded the guild I was in and banned the gl because of their shit code. You could aggro/pull Golemagg from the bridge above his room. That happened twice and one of the times some little cunt named swiftdeus(dude got butthurt as hell due to dumb officer politics or something) recorded and sent it to the GMs saying we were big exploiters.