WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard has a pretty has a pretty bad recent history of massively misjudging what players want. They had DOTA sitting in their lap for years with the ability to take the whole concept at any time and take it over and monetize it. They had to see how popular the game style was, it was all sitting there on servers they were running, and yet they sat on it for a decade, lost literally billions because they acted so slowly, and then release a lame spin off version.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well this sucks. Had just made it to lvl 58 last week and was looking forward to all the 60 content. Blizz really lost touch with reality?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this sucks. Had just made it to lvl 58 last week and was looking forward to all the 60 content. Blizz really lost touch with reality?
Lost touch? Not sure. It was a dick move, that's certain. They got a lot more negative publicity from this than from anything else, if we exclude WoD as a whole, that's negative publicity enough for a lifetime.

Legion changes are going to be shit, if I see myself, which I'm pretty much a Blizzard lover, giving up after one month, I suspect most players won't even get that far. Making classes more stupid, bland, easy and whatnot... I don't understand 75% of the changes: tanks and healers first. Dps I heard some are cool and some are cute... well, it's dps, I don't care too much.

Back on topic: I'm trying another vanilla server, the nostalgia is kicking in hard and strong. There is a lot of walking around at a snail pace, but I love it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't really PVP, but the PVP people on Legion Alpha seem to be pretty unhappy with the prune. Took away a lot of stuff that's "irrelevant" in PVE, but very relevant in PVP for counterplay, apparently.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
So is there any decent emu server(s) left?
Im pkaying on rebirth witht recent nost shutting down its averaging 450-750 daily. Server runs better than any other emu out there. Community is real helpful too.

Only difference is right now there is a quest xp multiplier that you can turn on giving you 1-5x more quest xp. This is 100% optional and can be turned on and off whenever. I persoanlly love it right now since you always run into those dead spots where you have no quests and need a few levels for the next set. Also had my 30ish nost guys taken away so rather just hit 60 then run it legit.
This is temporary idk for how long. They did this to boost population prior to nost shutting down.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im pkaying on rebirth witht recent nost shutting down its averaging 450-750 daily. Server runs better than any other emu out there. Community is real helpful too.

Only difference is right now there is a quest xp multiplier that you can turn on giving you 1-5x more quest xp. This is 100% optional and can be turned on and off whenever. I persoanlly love it right now since you always run into those dead spots where you have no quests and need a few levels for the next set. Also had my 30ish nost guys taken away so rather just hit 60 then run it legit.
This is temporary idk for how long. They did this to boost population prior to nost shutting down.
I'm trying that too, the .questexp 5 command helps to clear fast the starting levels, which certainly are the most boring ones. From level 20 onwards it's a lot more fun.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've never tried these Vanilla servers, mainly because I'm always a bit scared that my time invested will end up being fucked over by Blizzard. But I really do understand why they are so popular, and feel for your loss. If only Blizz would lay off this shit.

The only time I really enjoyed PVP was in Vanilla. Both before AV, when you had those epic fights in Southshore, and the hours long AV fights. I remember taking part in one one evening. That had been going on for hours before I joined. I spent a good time there and raked up many kills. Then I logged off and went to bed. Woke up the following morning, logged in, and lo and behold, ended up in the same AV fight as the night before.

Some people may not understand what was so fun about taking part in something you wouldn't "win", but for me, and I think many others, "winning" an AV battle was not the fun part. The fun part was the endless, target rich environment, and the eb and flow of the battle. Damn I miss that.

I also miss the epic scale of getting from 1 to 60. It was an adventure in itself back then, not just a means to an end. The main problem with WoW now is that if you're not max level then you're fucking "missing out". But back then you could do so much more on the way.

/nostalgia :'(

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Vanilla definitely has those old-school nostalgia feels but when you run into the stupid cockblocks and time sinks it just makes it so.... vanilla-y. Gross.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think what I miss the most from vanilla is that the game had not yet turned into a spreadsheet how to optimise yourself best fest and rather people just wanted to explore it and shit

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
WoD:
Need a dungeon? Click this button!
Need a raid? Click this button!
Need to travel? Portals and flying mounts everywhere!
Explore the beautiful landscape? Fuck that! Fly fucking everywhere! Numlock autofly!
Difficult levelling questlines? Nope!
Need to farm mats? Grow it in your garrison!
Hang out in Org? We're in our garrisons, fool!

No feeling lost
No asking for help
Everything on a silver platter

WoD is the Safe Space of World of Warcraft.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Nost was 99% classic experience from my point of view. The 1% being a quest here or there that didn't function properly.