WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So no flight path in Ratchet close?
Can't speak for all emu's but the Rebirth is very accurate about stuff like that... it'll be little things that Vanilla did that the emu's don't get quite right like event scripting or some esoteric bug that existed in vanilla. Pathing is kinda dodgy because the server software is not the same. But generally it does feel very much like vanilla.

niss_sl

shitlord
It was essentially identical. I'm sure diehard players with good memory could have spotted some discrepancies but I played from launch and I couldn't tell a difference at all. It was better if anything. All I remember from launch were fucking ques to get in.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Vanilla definitely has those old-school nostalgia feels but when you run into the stupid cockblocks and time sinks it just makes it so.... vanilla-y. Gross.
I'd still take that over what we have now, and I say this as a fairly shitty casual. There is this middle ground where the game is casual friendly but doesn't reward people for taking a shit in a public restroom and only getting 50% of it all over the seat, walls, and floor.

You had to not be a (mostly) piece of shit and be fairly competent in order to play, which created a community instead of grouping with dumb ass strangers who can't turn taunt off their pets in a dungeon while standing in the fire and yelling "STFU noob I know how to play my class!"

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'd still take that over what we have now, and I say this as a fairly shitty casual. There is this middle ground where the game is casual friendly but doesn't reward people for taking a shit in a public restroom and only getting 50% of it all over the seat, walls, and floor.

You had to not be a (mostly) piece of shit and be fairly competent in order to play, which created a community instead of grouping with dumb ass strangers who can't turn taunt off their pets in a dungeon while standing in the fire and yelling "STFU noob I know how to play my class!"
I agree but the time investment to get anything done in vanilla starts at about 2 hours, and goes up. I can't sit down and game for 4 hours at a time anymore.

Oh lets go get new guildies keyed for Onyxia. FUCK

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I had a really good run on Nost. Was definitely a genuine vanilla experience with all of its ups and downs. And even though i quit late last summer and haven't played since, i feel really bad for all the people that were so invested there. Fuck Blizzard. Happy that i haven't paid them a dime since 2006. And truthfully, at this point, i'm sure that even if they tried to make their own vanilla server, they'd somehow fuck it up.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Hey itzena

My server's still up, though. v
smile.png
v

kaxfenix

N00b
If only there was a classic vanilla game that had Brewmasters.. Dont need the panda or MoP just the class in classic.
I guess you can add DK too..

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Are paladins/shamans still faction locked on these servers?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
And truthfully, at this point, i'm sure that even if they tried to make their own vanilla server, they'd somehow fuck it up.
The saddest truth.
Even if they were to announce a vanilla server this Blizzcon, I am sure they would fuck it up and then go "see... told you you didn't want it".

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The saddest truth.
Even if they were to announce a vanilla server this Blizzcon, I am sure they would fuck it up and then go "see... told you you didn't want it".
It'd just be current classes/content level-capped at 60. The lazy is strong. See Mission Tables 3.0. The real reason they doubled the size of their WoW team was so that they'd have enough people to field two soccer teams during work hours.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amused by the mini-game going on amongst the various private server boards, where they're all cross-posting trying to discredit each other in a bid to make sure their server soaks the nost pop.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Nost was an amazing work of art, sad to see it shut down. Had a few chars I was playing casually here and there.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think what I miss the most from vanilla is that the game had not yet turned into a spreadsheet how to optimise yourself best fest and rather people just wanted to explore it and shit
You may not have been playing that way, but trust me, min maxing definitely existed in vanilla. I had the first decent spreadsheet on EJ for warriors. Shaming all the other DPS while not getting yourself killed from over aggro is part of the nostalgia for me. I'd definitely consider playing vanilla(likely TBC...MAYBE wrath) again if I had the time and didn't have to deal with all the negatives associated with organizing 40 people to raid.

And the min/max existed elsewhere. Rotating rogues in just for vael is one I "fondly" remember.

kaxfenix

N00b
You may not have been playing that way, but trust me, min maxing definitely existed in vanilla. I had the first decent spreadsheet on EJ for warriors. Shaming all the other DPS while not getting yourself killed from over aggro is part of the nostalgia for me. I'd definitely consider playing vanilla(likely TBC...MAYBE wrath) again if I had the time and didn't have to deal with all the negatives associated with organizing 40 people to raid.

And the min/max existed elsewhere. Rotating rogues in just for vael is one I "fondly" remember.
yrp .. I was apart of a Rogue Core that would consistently fight for top DPS spot in AQ.. then there was the crazy dual welding warrior that would break up the yellow bars in the top 5 or six..

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I don't remember the exact details but it had something to do with casting Divine Intervention on Razorgore. This would break his script and cause all the other mobs to despawn, then you could break all the eggs at your leisure.