WoW Vanilla+ Turtle WoW

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Been around a while and recent surge in players, having fun with Hekotat Hekotat with our paladin/warlock combo but could use a few more.

Some highlights include custom quests, tradeskills and abilities. Nothing Zany and very much inline with launch but fixes the issues everyone had with each class without massive changes. We went alliance because we both played Horde far more.

Hatorade in game as well, currently level 18ish.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Turtle WoW looks amazing. I'm glad it's finally getting a big amount of attention it deserves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t touched it in a while, but I have my shaman, Koushirou, and my HC hunter, Ryoushii, that I dick around with on occasion. Been in the mood for other games lately, but I’m sure I’ll come back to it and wouldn’t mind playing with you folks.

Been on a binge of doing every quest available on all my chars, and going around doing all the starting zones besides. Just a heads up that you get full XP and rep for quests up to 25 levels below you, so even if it’s grey, doesn’t mean it’s worthless.

Both my chars are also doing the slow and steady run. You get less XP from mob kills but you also get special items every 10 levels, like new bags, some transmog items and toys, etc. I think if you hit 60, you’ll also get some of their store currency.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is really good, the changes are great and it's especially good if you don't want to give Blizzard money.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also worth noting, you can chat/group/guild cross-faction in this. There is also a warmode function if that's your thing, too.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Haven’t touched it in a while, but I have my shaman, Koushirou, and my HC hunter, Ryoushii, that I dick around with on occasion. Been in the mood for other games lately, but I’m sure I’ll come back to it and wouldn’t mind playing with you folks.

Been on a binge of doing every quest available on all my chars, and going around doing all the starting zones besides. Just a heads up that you get full XP and rep for quests up to 25 levels below you, so even if it’s grey, doesn’t mean it’s worthless.

Both my chars are also doing the slow and steady run. You get less XP from mob kills but you also get special items every 10 levels, like new bags, some transmog items and toys, etc. I think if you hit 60, you’ll also get some of their store currency.

How do you do slow and steady? Also if you have access to magic mushroom spores, just need 1 for quest and an awesome 1hander.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
How do you do slow and steady? Also if you have access to magic mushroom spores, just need 1 for quest and an awesome 1hander.

The different modes are only available at level 1. There’s both a glyph vendor and a shady guy with a quest in all the starting areas, so when you first load up a character you can turn on hardcore through a quest or things like slow and steady, war mode, or the skill increased by buying the glyphs. Starting hardcore will nuke any items in your bag, though, so don’t send anything to those chars ahead of time (or any money).

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to check it out. Seems to have a decent population, lots of people in elwynn. Leveling is standard but you get rested xp much faster, i'd say 20m in rested area gives you the full level and a half. They add a few quests here and there, for instance there's a small hub near goldshire that has some for unused areas right outside of SW. There's no buying gear or xp pots in the shop, mostly cosmetics with a few QOL stuff like item slots or summonable bank.

WoWScrnShot_012023_164451.jpg

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Still going, on track for level 30 soon. Looks like we have a winner, really enjoying the paladin tank spec with the changes they did.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah I'm really digging this. Good changes, good community and population.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
I'm actually playing this but I said Elon was awesome and got an account warning. So I don't know if I should play.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have a no politics/religion rule in the official chat channels, and thank god.

• 3Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Decided to check it out. Seems to have a decent population, lots of people in elwynn. Leveling is standard but you get rested xp much faster, i'd say 20m in rested area gives you the full level and a half. They add a few quests here and there, for instance there's a small hub near goldshire that has some for unused areas right outside of SW. There's no buying gear or xp pots in the shop, mostly cosmetics with a few QOL stuff like item slots or summonable bank.

View attachment 454415
A lot of what they filled in for quests is in the 40+ range where vanilla really had lots of gaps. You will see entire new zones in those ranges.

I really enjoy this server. Another cool thing they do is if your guild is well established (like is active and exists for 3-6 months) they will create a guild base for you and your guild tabard gives you a hearth to your base. My guilds base is currently under construction by the dev.

The store is nice and very similar imo to how DBG handles the EQ store. The biggest advantage item they have is probably the brainwashing machine which is also available for 350g in game but lets you respec for free at any location.

They also scale the raids to your player count, 40 is still best because many mechanics don't scale but like boss/trash hp will scale down if you have like 35 players instead of 40, it's a great QOL change for up and coming guilds so you aren't totally SOL if you can't field a full raid one night.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Jasker

If anyone wants silver or a few items can hit up jasker in game or mail and I'll mail you back.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's almost like a server that focuses on quality re-designs, and massive QOL upgrades become successful! Holy shit! :)

This server sounds amazing with all of that, and have the client downloaded!

• 3Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The different modes are only available at level 1. There’s both a glyph vendor and a shady guy with a quest in all the starting areas, so when you first load up a character you can turn on hardcore through a quest or things like slow and steady, war mode, or the skill increased by buying the glyphs. Starting hardcore will nuke any items in your bag, though, so don’t send anything to those chars ahead of time (or any money).

Can you do both HC and slow and steady at the same time?

• 1Like

Jasker

I wish everyone here would play this. It's free and community and pop is great. And you get free stuff from me. And you get to hear the latest simulation news. It's a win win situation for everyone.

Guttermouth Guttermouth Daezuel Daezuel Szeth Szeth

• 2Like
  • 1Worf