Wrath of Man (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Wrath of Man (2021)

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Jason Statham, Alex Ferns, Holt McCallany, Scott Eastwood, Jeffrey Donovan, Laz Alonso, Josh Hartnett, Niamh Algar, Raúl Castillo, Post Malone, Lyne Renee, Anthony Molinari, Deobia Oparei, Tadhg Murphy, Babs Olusanmokun, Darrell D'Silva, Chris Reilly, Matthew Illesley, Rebecca Calder, Jason Wong, Alessandro Babalola, Cameron Jack, Montana Manning, Rocci Williams, Josh Cowdery, Eve Macklin, Fernando Martinez, Stevee Davies, James Warren, Sam Shoubber, Daniel Joseph Woolf, Leonardo Lacaria, Khalid Ghajji, Anthony Elfonzia, Martin Bratanov, Phoebe Farnham, Mark Shrimpton, Dee Pearce, Cain Aiden, Stephanie Mae, Christian Sanderson, Luke Lynch

Release: 2021-04-22

Plot: The plot follows H, a cold and mysterious character working at a cash truck company responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week.

spronk

FPS noob

basically Jason Statham's version of John Wick, directed weirdly by Guy Ritchie. His last movie The Gentlemen was quite excellent, I doubt this will be amazing but should be fun to watch

its kinda weird how there is a run of these type of movies suddenly - female versions like Promising Young Women or assassin versions like Nobody starring Saul Goodman. I don't mind at all though, love these kinda movies

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Guy Ritchie always gets my money

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
How is Promising Young Women in the same category as John Wick?

i haven't watched it yet but isn't it a chick revenge flick? i assume its probably more since its up for some oscars, but i honestly dont know anything about it

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
i haven't watched it yet but isn't it a chick revenge flick? i assume its probably more since its up for some oscars, but i honestly dont know anything about it
I haven't seen Promising Young Women. But I would say John Wick is quite superficially a revenge flick. The reviews I've seen for PYW says it's psychologically much stronger in the revenge flick and not much action.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Statham action looks fun ... but I kinda feel like I watched the whole movie from the trailer, lol. Talk about giving away all the plot points.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Promising young woman is a completely different genre. It has no action at all, it is a dark drama.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks so cheesy lol
Him killing those dudes like he's strolling down the park is so silly.
No tension no nothing

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Statham action looks fun ... but I kinda feel like I watched the whole movie from the trailer, lol. Talk about giving away all the plot points.
Yeah really disappointed in that. You know Guy Ritchie is always gonna throw in a twist, but this barely even seems like a Guy Ritchie film except for maybe the music choice in the trailer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Guy Ritchie movies are almost always worth it. He'll always get my money for Snatch and RocknRolla alone. It also helps that The Gentleman was awesome. I fucking love British mobster movies and nobody does them better than Ritchie.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I cant think of one Guy Ritchie movie that I didnt like. Always a great cast and the story always is entertaining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I cant think of one Guy Ritchie movie that I didnt like. Always a great cast and the story always is entertaining.
7f958c748bf1b24492ba132be674a892.png

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not completely related to Guy Ritchie but there is a documentary about Lenny Mclean (guy who played Barry the Baptist in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) called The Guv'nor. Pretty interesting guy. He was only 47 or so during the filming of that movie in spite of looking like he was pushing 70. Dude lived HARD.

• 1WTF

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I saw it in the theaters on Saturday. It wasnt too bad but I felt it was missing that Guy Ritchie touch.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database