Wurm Online Hardcore Sandbox MMO

Marple_sl

shitlord
Wurm Online
Indie Titel made in Java

What can I do in Wurm?

Explore huge, diverse landmasses extending over 512sq km in total
? Craft and use thousands of unique items
? Hunt creatures such as the unique red dragon, forest giant, kyklops, troll king and others!
? Modify the terrain; dig, raise, flatten and sculpt the land around you!
? Capture and breed animals from the environment
? Train 114 Skills, 10 Player Characteristics, and 3 Religion Characteristics
? Follow one of four unique deities and religions.
? Become a priest or champion of your religion and learn powerful spells and enchantments.
? Choose one of five meditation paths and take advantage of special meditation abilities
? Earn as many of our 200+ skill and achievement titles as you have time for!
? Mount various creatures, from horses and carts to unicorns, bears and even dragons!
? Construct, crew or even captain seven different ship types, from small rowing boats to impressive caravels with other players
? Build a variety of structures, from guard towers to stone houses to fences and statues.
? Found your own settlement wherever you desire; own land, build a farm, a castle, or perhaps an entire village!
? Pave roads and plant signs to improve local infrastructure and by connecting settlements
? Live off the land by creating fields to farm a variety of crops including potatoes, garlic, cotton, wheat, pumpkins and more!
? Cook food using a huge range of ingredients
? ...and much more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxSN5zRarI

http://wurmonline.com/

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Who is Indie Titel?

So desperate for some intriguing game play I will check this out later today.

Marple_sl

shitlord
Hehe guess Denglish (German with English) found his way into my post. Indie Titel == Product made by independent developer.

Chris

Potato del Grande
SERIOUSLY!? Sounds like a Minecraft/EVE hybrid.

If this is any good is it worth banding together and making a group fortress? How feasable is free play?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
SERIOUSLY!? Sounds like a Minecraft/EVE hybrid.

If this is any good is it worth banding together and making a group fortress? How fea
rrr_img_33615.jpg

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
oblio it sounds like you looking for a very similiar mmo experience as I am, if you find anything even mildly intriguing please let me know I will roll with ya heh

(money not an issue)

I played this years ago, it's clunky as fuck. But probably pretty good if you could stick with it. I decided it was just too dull and awkward to play, so decided to try Uthgard instead. Which was the same. Then I ended up in some other game I forgot.

I've never played this game, but know a few folks who have. They say it's hard as fuck to figure out what to do, the interface is incredibly unintuitive, and the combat couldn't possibly be worse. Also, while the community is generally friendly, they don't have a lot of tolerance for people who aren't willing to put the effort in to learn the game without doing most of the research themselves. Once again, this is hearsay. The few that stuck with it enjoyed the world-building aspects. I think there's a thread on f13 or SA.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
oblio it sounds like you looking for a very similiar mmo experience as I am, if you find anything even mildly intriguing please let me know I will roll with ya heh

(money not an issue)
I just miss SWG, and yes I know the EMU is up but I really do not want to invest time into a character until they get out of this last Beta. I know SWG had it's issues like slide show pvp and that part of it sucks, but the Professions especially crafting were awesome. I loved the 250 point skill system where you could really build the class you wanted to play.

Give me SWG with Blizzard polish (engine/combat responsiveness) and I will buy a lifetime sub.

EDIT: I know you and I have discussed SWG on the forums in the past Swagdaddy.

Swagdaddy

Me and some p99 friends played the SWG emu but the biggest problem I eventually had with the emu was due to free accounts being plentiful sometimes trading/selling/interacting was difficult because the more serious players just boxed a "main" toon and had a whole warehouse of tradeskill/craft toons

Everyone was self sufficient which kinda defeated the purpose of SWG altogether for me

Swagdaddy

Kinda same problem I have with EQMAC, some MMOs/EMUs with unlimited boxing and free account availability just shit all over what made those games great in their heyday

rock and a hard place

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Me and some p99 friends played the SWG emu but the biggest problem I eventually had with the emu was due to free accounts being plentiful sometimes trading/selling/interacting was difficult because the more serious players just boxed a "main" toon and had a whole warehouse of tradeskill/craft toons

Everyone was self sufficient which kinda defeated the purpose of SWG altogether for me
Totally derailing the thread at this point, apologies to OP ...

They have rules regarding multiple accounts in SWGEMU, but I know there are ways around it. I hopeful when it goes live those rules will be enforced more.

Swagdaddy

were doing him a favor keeping it bumped lol

my experience on most emus has been due to volunteer guides/gms (small pool) they have a hard time enforcing it, specifically with the enormous amount of IP proxies/ VPNs out there

need very vigilant guides to combat this kinda crap

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why not set up a Rerolled UO guild on one of the many UO emulator servers for a while?

We could band together and get a castle and craft goods and pvp and have a jolly good time.

Swagdaddy

never played UO wuts another mmo it could be compared to

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
never played UO wuts another mmo it could be compared to
I think it has some similarities to SWG, don't know for sure never played it. Not sure if this is relevant to UO but I believe the UO2 engine was used for SWG once UO2 was canceled.