X-Men '97

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought the voice acting seemed off but they did try to get all the voice actors back. Lol at the Jubilee actress

Screenshot_2024-02-16-04-59-41-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
since that video is talking about changeling, Tbh if 90% of ypur assignments were to pretend to be a woman, suck some guys cock and then bust/steal from him you'd probably just adapt to the role.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
re: an xman animated series reboot, like many of you I grew up on this shit. This show, along with the Batman, Superman cartoons in the same era were my favorites growing up. I did a rewatch of it with my wife (who also grew up watching it) around ~10 years ago and aside from the final season and some dopey episodes it held up surprisingly well.

Naturally I'm excited for some millennial nostalgia fodder but will only watch it if it gets good reviews.

What I love about the Xmen franchise is the core concept turns the typical social justice theme upside-down. Instead of concern over marginalized and systemically disadvantaged groups of people, Xmen deals with the social result from a group of superhumans with massive and often dangerous advantages. The vast majority of the population are unarguably genetically inferior in massive ways, but fight back through plainly justified fear. Seeing this struggle through the eyes of the virtuous heroes with one of the great sympathetic villians in Magneto creates a platform for nuanced treatment of the scifi concept.

Unfortunately, it'll be too tempting for 2024's writers and Disney to just use it as a platform to show how we fear what we don't understand and how bigotry=bad. If they considered the idea of "Maybe the future in Logan where mutants were heavily suppressed while the rest of us without city-destroying lightning shooting from our arse could live in peace is the best we could hope for?" they could make something interesting. But as long as the animation and jokes are good it'll probably be fiiine.

Last edited:

Caliane

Jean pregnant.
In the comics Scott has two kids. both are kindof fucked up.

his first kid is Nathan.... aka. Cable. with Madelyne Pryner. A clone of Jean, by Sinister created to seduce, fall in love with and have a kid with Scott. Jean at the timed died, as the Pheonix.
so, is that actually Madelyne, not Jean?

Second kid with Jean, Rachel. alternate reality, ends up older then Nathan. but through time travel nonsense, is still a teenager. Her timeline ends up "age of apocalypse", and split into 2 Rachels.

so, is that Rachel?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

What I love about Xmen is the core concept in the cartoon turns the typical social justice theme that was topical in the 90s, before and now upside-down. Instead of concern over marginalized and systemically disadvantaged groups of people, Xmen deals with the social result from a group of superhumans with massive and often dangerous advantages. The vast majority of the population are unarguably genetically inferior in massive ways, but fight back through plainly justified fear. Seeing this struggle through the eyes of the virtuous heroes with one of the great sympathetic villians in Magneto creates a platform for nuanced treatment of the scifi concept.

Unfortunately, it'll be too tempting for 2024's writers and Disney to just use it as a platform to show how we fear what we don't understand and how bigotry=bad. If they considered the idea of "Maybe the future in Logan where mutants were heavily suppressed while the rest of us without city-destroying lightning shooting from our arse could live in peace is the best we could hope for?" they could make something interesting. But as long as the animation and jokes are good it'll probably be fiiine.
The idea of even 90's xmen intentionally putting forth the question of, "but they are dangerous?" is sadly not really correct. they just never actually thought it through. Its the same social justice messaging.

Marvel's civil war comics did a slightly better job. That DID specifically question the fact superheroes had these super dangerous powers, with no training, and no control.
it kicks off with Speedball of the New Warriors in a fight with Nitro, doing a reality tv show. well specifically Namorita. Nitro live on camera explodes killing the new warriors, 600civilians, including a 60 kids, with only speed ball surviving. this prompts governmental action, and a massive public outcry. Registration of powers, mandated training camps, etc. but because wokeness had already invaded, they had to twist themselves into knots to argue that was the incorrect position. Forced conscription for those that complied, gulags and power dampening collars for those that didnt. Cap america and Xmen refused.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Jean pregnant.
In the comics Scott has two kids. both are kindof fucked up.

his first kid is Nathan.... aka. Cable. with Madelyne Pryner. A clone of Jean, by Sinister created to seduce, fall in love with and have a kid with Scott. Jean at the timed died, as the Pheonix.
so, is that actually Madelyne, not Jean?

Second kid with Jean, Rachel. alternate reality, ends up older then Nathan. but through time travel nonsense, is still a teenager. Her timeline ends up "age of apocalypse", and split into 2 Rachels.

so, is that Rachel?
Aww, bless your little heart.

You think Disney and their woke-ass Marvel teams give a single fuck about things like consistency, story telling, and staying faithful to source material?

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Aww, bless your little heart.

You think Disney and their woke-ass Marvel teams give a single fuck about things like consistency, story telling, and staying faithful to source material?

Guaranteed the show is going to make sure that every single fucking character references Morph as "they" in their new singular way just to try and get kids to adopt it.

I have already told my kids that anything not he or she has a label.... "IT" It went to the bathroom, I don't know what it wants, it is trying to come into the bathroom with me. If people started referring to these dumb shits as "it" they would pick a gender pretty fucking quick.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
since that video is talking about changeling, Tbh if 90% of ypur assignments were to pretend to be a woman, suck some guys cock and then bust/steal from him you'd probably just adapt to the role.

It's not just changling they are fucking with. They said he had a "special" relationship with wolverine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's not just changling they are fucking with. They said he had a "special" relationship with wolverine.
I'll avatar bet they don't make Wolverine gay or bi. 1 month avatar duration, bet concludes 1 week after first season of this show is fully out. Decision on whether they make Wolverine gay/bi is done by amod.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'll avatar bet they don't make Wolverine gay or bi. 1 month avatar duration, bet concludes 1 week after first season of this show is fully out. Decision on whether they make Wolverine gay/bi is done by amod.
No. That's gay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You joke, but that wouldn’t surprise me lol
This was kinda done in the Boys to great effect

• 1Like