X-Men '97

Siliconemelons

it’s not the issue of /sexualization/ of cartoons- and you guys are lol u r a weeb

it’s the de-feminization of the characters that is the issue- and you are perpetuating it by saying oh it’s okay, we should not /sexualize/ cartoons - by way of taking away any indication of feminine physical features…

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I watched episode 1, the legacy voice actors sound off. Rouge especially sounds wrong and half of Wolverines lines are good but half are very bad. It feels like bringing back James Earl Jones for Mufasa when he sounds feeble now, so we had to get store brand Scar because Jeffrey Irons has still got it and would have drawn attention to how bad Jones is.

If Storm didn't sound so good the rest of them may not be so glaringly off, I actually like the replacement voice cast wish they would have just done them all.

Caliane

Yeah, a bunch of fucking weirdos complaining that cartoons aren't "sexy" enough.

The original series was pretty fucking poorly animated, to be honest. We're acting like it was some kind of masterpiece, when it was pretty average, even for the era - let alone 30 year later.
sortof.

the 80's and 90's represented a massive increase in TV animation quality.
xmen, Batman the animated series, transformers, etc.
these were animated by Akom, in Korea.

This is what tv animation looked like before this:

Disney got into the game, as well as the Simpsons. simpsons is known for its higher fps, and quality control.
but, yes, also Disney with gummy bears, and Ducktales, etc.

so, Disney properties, had their strong visual idenity. Batman Bruce timms. Simpsons, groenigs.

Xmen actually was heavily flavored by the Eastern anime. and didn't have a strong visual tie to its comics, or an American production lead.

If I were doing this, I would have leaned into that. tried to get trigger, or gainax or something.

madhouse did this.

story sucked though.

but you think Trigger doing an Xmen series wouldn't be a cash printer?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How has nobody pointed out the bad guys at start are called FOH?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Enjoying it so far

it’s not the issue of /sexualization/ of cartoons- and you guys are lol u r a weeb

it’s the de-feminization of the characters that is the issue- and you are perpetuating it by saying oh it’s okay, we should not /sexualize/ cartoons - by way of taking away any indication of feminine physical features…

I get it, you cant jerk it to M&M's anymore after they became less sexy and you had high hopes this could replace it. My condolences.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I didn't even know the lady M&M thing was a thing till libtards keep bringing it up themselves lol

A woman should look like a woman, we should not all merge into some middle ground a-sexual blob like personas

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't even know the lady M&M thing was a thing till libtards keep bringing it up themselves lol

A woman should look like a woman, we should not all merge into some middle ground a-sexual blob like personas

You'll always have the smurfs man, lots of cartoons you can still get your rocks off too, no worries.

Caliane

You'll always have the smurfs man, lots of cartoons you can still get your rocks off too, no worries.
Smurfs were already cancelled. don't expect to ever see them again.

NDhkMDE0NzMuanBn

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
anyway first two episodes were decent, better than I expected. Kinda disappointed more episodes aren't out to watch. Nothing majorly woke so far. Worst thing about it was how immature the team acts in the first episode but that was dialled down in the second

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
anyway first two episodes were decent, better than I expected. Kinda disappointed more episodes aren't out to watch. Nothing majorly woke so far. Worst thing about it was how immature the team acts in the first episode but that was dialled down in the second
X-men in principal is woke, their whole mission is a minority gaining acceptance to the masses and wanting equal treatment, fighting their oppression and evil week in and week and week out all while viewing themselves as the heroes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users