XCOM 2

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone know the answer about Character Pool characters having extra apostrophes in their nicknames in-game, as to why? That annoys me for some reason.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Also, does anyone know what (if anything) assigning a class to a character in your pool does? Will that ensure what class they hit if XP'd up from Rookie, or does that just make them that class if they come up as a Squaddie+ soldier reward for something?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, does anyone know what (if anything) assigning a class to a character in your pool does? Will that ensure what class they hit if XP'd up from Rookie, or does that just make them that class if they come up as a Squaddie+ soldier reward for something?
Skips straight to that class and Squaddie level.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you get them as a reward, they get their assigned class. If you level them from rookie to squaddie normally, the class is randomized.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, ETA til the mod that lets you choose classes upon level-up, or at least make a Rookie XP-level into his Char Pool class? Bleh! I realize it's been out for all of 2 weeks, but I'm really feeling the need for extensive modding. I'm really missing Long War, despite how awesome this game is. SCALE GODDAMMIT, among other things.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw people talking about assigning classes, and messing with the character pool I assumed you could just do it from the get-go now. Kinda sad as now all my Pool characters I've actually recruited are the wrong classes :p

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone know if there's any where or way to read the XCOM archives that are accessible in base outside of the game? Website or files or something? I want to read them but I have time at work to do it. When I am at home in game I want to play the game :p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently you can get a guerrilla op from a scan site. Just a single one, doesn't let you choose from 3, but a free dark event counter is potentially a pretty big deal.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, I've just noticed (not sure if it's been happening the whole campaign) that when I'm spending time elsewhere like building relays or making contacts or w/e, I'm still getting little +Intels from home base. Am I bugged, or am I just fucktarded and haven't noticed that you get that bonus no matter where you are? (Which makes the +construction and +healing ones much better too).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I've just noticed (not sure if it's been happening the whole campaign) that when I'm spending time elsewhere like building relays or making contacts or w/e, I'm still getting little +Intels from home base. Am I bugged, or am I just fucktarded and haven't noticed that you get that bonus no matter where you are? (Which makes the +construction and +healing ones much better too).
AFAIK it's only supposed to be when you're sitting there passing time at home base. I've never seen my intel tick up while scanning somewhere else.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How hard is it to beat the game before July 1? I'm not typically an achievement whore but Gav's gloating has given me an itch that just playing the game isn't scratching.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BTW if anyone feels like some cheese, you can chain farm the advent blacksite mission, just evac without taking the vial. Not really necessary but I suppose it's helpful if you're trying for the Exquisite Timing achievement, or want to powerlevel extra troops for some reason.

*edit*

speaking of exquisite timing

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How hard is it to beat the game before July 1? I'm not typically an achievement whore but Gav's gloating has given me an itch that just playing the game isn't scratching.
Oh christ, that's July 1 game time? I assumed it was just "beat it before the second DLC comes out"

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm probably just really bad at the game, but I can't think of a single mission where I could get the Aliens to clump up enough (without the Soldier dying first) even with mimic for that to be useful outside of the last mission.