XCOM 2

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed it on console, other than no access to the "no timers " mod. Couldn't keep playing without that.

Do they have mod support yet?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed it on console, other than no access to the "no timers " mod. Couldn't keep playing without that.

Do they have mod support yet?

Console version should still have the option to double the amount of turns, which is plenty of time unless you want to overwatch creep.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
TLDR: new content thats free on PC (for a limited time?) if you own WotC. Drops on October 9th, 5 days from now.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
TLDR: new content thats free on PC (for a limited time?) if you own WotC. Drops on October 9th, 5 days from now.

Hmm. Is it wrong of me to think that this is to make people get into Xcom again/talking about the franchise and then release info that they are working on Xcom 3? Fantastic game, and glad they are still working on it, but seems odd to still develop content for it since it's kind of an old game now. Somewhat of a pre-hype little addition?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Hmm. Is it wrong of me to think that this is to make people get into Xcom again/talking about the franchise and then release info that they are working on Xcom 3? Fantastic game, and glad they are still working on it, but seems odd to still develop content for it since it's kind of an old game now. Somewhat of a pre-hype little addition?
Maybe. WotC isn't that old though. And if you're right, awesome. XCOM 3 would be good news.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as it's not a 3rd person shooter hybrid, that would not be good news.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are there mods that phase out the bad?

Not that I know of. It was a bunch of really great ideas and a decently engaging story that were crippled by dull, uninspired gameplay. That's the worst thing about it, is that the gameplay wasn't even bad, it was just super bland and phoned in.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also I'm pretty sure I haven't posted this in a while.

SalXa4D.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doing legacy missions and just had one of the funniest pod reveals I've ever seen. Enemy pod is a gatekeeper+avatar. Avatar is in front and triggers reaction fire, gets poisoned from my psy-op's venom rounds, reactive teleports into the overwatch of my skirmisher and gets set on fire from incendiary rounds, reactive teleports into the remains of an andromedon and gets acid burns. Three status effects, half health, still hasn't had an actual action.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lmfao @ Tygan's call-sign being Hamburgler. (I assume the misspelling was intentional due to copyright concerns)

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been messing around with this on PS4 lately just because I wanted something casual and familiar. If I remember right, I've done ~7 play throughs, 3 of which were ironman. Never used cheats before, but I did the Sid Meier cheat last night just before the first Advent facility mission.

Sid fucked up the first group of enemies, so I went ham after that and charged in with guns blazing, figuring I basically had god mode enabled. Nope, I got Xcom'd hard. I fucking love this game.

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Hey pals,

I have never played an Xcom game
I got this game for free via ps+ So it sitting in my backlog. I just finished Valkyria Chronicles remastered and get the feel that the two games are similar in style and game play. Is this correct? Can anyone add some insight? Might be time to fire this up.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not even close. Currently playing Valkyria Chronicles 4(same stuff as remastered) and have hundreds of hour into Xcom2+mods etc. They are both turn based that is about all the have in common.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey pals,

I have never played an Xcom game
I got this game for free via ps+ So it sitting in my backlog. I just finished Valkyria Chronicles remastered and get the feel that the two games are similar in style and game play. Is this correct? Can anyone add some insight? Might be time to fire this up.
They are different almost entirely besides the main tenet of being turn based. You cannot go wrong with either though as they are both fantastic games.

• 1Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
10 percent of the monthly income. I bought a second hand upgrade for my PC (motherboard, processor and rams for 100 Euros) . I saved for one year in order to buy those. The game barely works, minimal settings, but it works. But sure, it is my fault that I am too poor and/or living in too much of a shit-hole to participate in the glorious enterprise of market capitalism and it is my fault that I don't just snap my fingers and remedy that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I installed a repack from the pirates, and I have a sort of mod manager included, with Longest War 2 already installed. I also downloaded some mods from nexusmods, and they work too. The only issue is that i want to play Musashis RPG Overhaul and I cant find it anywhere, except on the Steam Workshop. And I cant install it from there, I dont think it will work with my non legit version of the game.
So is there any place where I could find that mod ?

Musashis RPG Overhaul - SKYMODS

• 1Like