XFL

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The crowd at the DC-Vegas game (Vegas home opener) was pathetic. Looked like maybe a few hundred to start, and literally maybe a few dozen by the end. Granted, it was pouring rain and Vegas played like shit, but still.

McCheese

DC Defenders undefeated! I'm still really enjoying most of the games. Only real dud was Renegades vs. Guardians because the Guardians are dogshit.

Roughnecks are looking like the team to beat. Undefeated and playing well overall. They even broke out a double forward pass play.

I could do without the sideline interviews of players and coaches. Several times we've missed seeing big plays because they were doing the interviews. 99% of the time the interviews are nonsense like "We're just executing the plays" or "We've got to execute better." Completely pointless.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

The season is almost wrapped up. I'm loving it. Semifinals are happening this weekend. 4-6 Arlington upset 7-3 Houston to win the south division and a spot in the championship. They're playing well and I could see them upsetting whoever from the north (DC or Seattle) they face.

Sevens

Log Wizard
The season is almost wrapped up. I'm loving it. Semifinals are happening this weekend. 4-6 Arlington upset 7-3 Houston to win the south division and a spot in the championship. They're playing well and I could see them upsetting whoever from the north (DC or Seattle) they face.
I didn't even know this was back, hell it was all over youtube last season but havent seen anything this year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

Pretty crazy end to the season. DC cruised in with a 10-1 record, and Arlington snuck in with an upset of Houston and a 5-6 record.

Arlington played the championship well and DC choked. So the XFL champion is a 6-6 team. On one hand, it sucks because it almost seems like a fluke (and I'm a DC fan). On the other hand, it's a pretty amazing underdog story with Arlington making a clutch trade for a new QB in week 7 and getting hot right when they had to.

Also, the championship game was delayed for like 15 minutes due to a sideline cameraman getting trucked. He needed to be carted off on a stretcher. I wouldn't be surprised if he's ina coma or paralyzed. Haven't been able to find any updates, and they didn't mention him for the rest of the game.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pretty crazy end to the season. DC cruised in with a 10-1 record, and Arlington snuck in with an upset of Houston and a 5-6 record.

Arlington played the championship well and DC choked. So the XFL champion is a 6-6 team. On one hand, it sucks because it almost seems like a fluke (and I'm a DC fan). On the other hand, it's a pretty amazing underdog story with Arlington making a clutch trade for a new QB in week 7 and getting hot right when they had to.

Also, the championship game was delayed for like 15 minutes due to a sideline cameraman getting trucked. He needed to be carted off on a stretcher. I wouldn't be surprised if he's ina coma or paralyzed. Haven't been able to find any updates, and they didn't mention him for the rest of the game.

• 1Like

McCheese

Mix of Saturday and Sunday:

Panthers beat the Battlehawks in week 1 with a 64-yard game winning field goal. Technically two, as the first one was iced.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Mix of Saturday and Sunday:

Panthers beat the Battlehawks in week 1 with a 64-yard game winning field goal. Technically two, as the first one was iced.

Dude wasn't even a FG kicker and hadn't attempted one since high school. Crazy.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dude wasn't even a FG kicker and hadn't attempted one since high school. Crazy.
Damn. Why was he trying? Did their kicker get hurt, or is it a special rule of the xfl that you can randomly pick a player to kick a fg for more than 3 points?

That would be a sweet fucking rule actually. The extra points should be based on the player's weight.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched part of the Arlington/St. Louis game, and I really like what they are doing. There is total transparency. You can hear the coaches and the refs! The NFL needs to implement this ASAP as it will keep refs more honest I feel. I really enjoyed the game.