Your favorite intro scene in a movie

joz123

Potato del Grande
Mine has to be from Drive. The minimal dialogue makes it a more intense chase scene.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
EDIT: That was actually just a mashup of scenes and too lazy to look for a better one.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't find an intro clip for it, but Lesbian Vampire Hunters pretty much seals my vote with a hammer. Something something vampire lore, and wraps up with "And then he cut her fucking head off"

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rounders. "If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table...then you are the sucker."

Sevens

Log Wizard
Not only one of the best shows ever on TV, but a damn fine movie too!
and this long shot opening scene always just looked so good

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Dawn of the Dead (Snyder version). The opening through when the main character crashes their car was extremely intense and captured the end of the world catching people by surprise perfectly

The introduction to Up, which made the movie for most people. Pretty sure the entire theater was sobbing by the end of that sequence.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This one takes it for me. I remember seeing that in the theater in '99 and when the camera spins around Trinity, my jaw about hit the fucking floor. We take those shots for granted now because they were so overdone following that movie, but in '99? Holy fuckballs!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most memorable for me, Blade:

Couldn't find a single full HD video, and even this cuts out a little too soon.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Szlia

Favorite is a strong word, but a memorable opening is the one of Birth. A fascinating film that I am not sure to really like, but what a prologue !

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Of course everyone knows this film now, but when it came out, it was sooooo fun. Mike Myers is a comic genius, and this opening sequence always makes just feel good.