Your Movies of the Year list

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love Mad Max but I have watched Kingsman, The Martian ect more on repeat viewings. Martian is maybe the funniest movie I watched this year

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I watched both Mad Max and Kingsman again this weekend and I have to say, i enjoyed Kingsman more than any movie this year. So, here we go:

1. Kingsman
2. Max Max
3. Star Wars
4. Martian
5. Sicario

Szlia

Goodnight Mommy
I went to check that tonight as I noticed it was playing in a theater nearby, and while very well directed, it left me lukewarm. I am not a good customer for this type of slow burn psychological tension / para-horror films though.

I don't know how it worked for you koljec, but the film is built on two ambiguities. The first one (Lukas and Elias) lasted a whole 5 minutes for me and the second one (the mother), is hardly explored, so... yeah: that does not leave a lot of meat on the bone.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I went to check that tonight as I noticed it was playing in a theater nearby, and while very well directed, it left me lukewarm. I am not a good customer for this type of slow burn psychological tension / para-horror films though.

I don't know how it worked for you koljec, but the film is built on two ambiguities. The first one (Lukas and Elias) lasted a whole 5 minutes for me and the second one (the mother), is hardly explored, so... yeah: that does not leave a lot of meat on the bone.
Yeah, I would chalk it off as memorable, and well-made/intentioned, but not necessarily good. I have a really hard time watching sadism. Room is a much better adult-themed movie with a huge part played really well by a little kid (seriously, the kid in Room should get best actor). Not as austerely pretty as goodnight Mommy, though.

I agree with your spoiler.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't get the love for Kingsman.. It was alright but hokie.. I just can't imagine it being anywhere near Mad Max on any type of list.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Best movies.

1. Mad Max.
One if my favourite movies ever. There isn't anything about it that wasn't perfectly crafted.

2. The Kingsman.
This came out of nowhere for me. Expected nothing and got an awesome action movie that made me see Colin Firth in a completely different light.

3. Hateful Eight.
Expected another western and instead got a sort of Agatha Christie meets Reservoir Dogs meets The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

I thought this year was actually pretty damn amazing for movies but these were the stand outs for me.

Sicario was honestly quite silly at the end. DelToro was a bad ass, but single handedly wiping out a drug Barons entire crew was a little OTT. I don't know what the point of Emily Blunt's character was, was she supposed to be the hero? Benicio was far more relatable.

The Revenant was as boring as shit. I didn't buy DiCaprio as a rugged bad ass and found no reason to give a shit either way about the fate of any of the characters involved. Tom Hardy's character had a valid point trying to cut him loose.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I still haven't seen it, but is there no love at all for Mission Impossible Rogue Nation? Ghost Protocol & Mad Max felt very similar to me in the way that they are just all out action movies, with Mad Max being just a better movie. But surely there isn't THAT much difference that it doesn't make any lists. I still want to watch The Revenant, Creed, Rogue Nation, Hateful Eight. That being said this years movies have been incredibly weak. I get out a fair share to the theaters with the guys, but hardly at all this year.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Rogue Nation was good, no doubt. But, you know, it's a Mission Impossible movie. I couldn't tell you the plot if you put a gun to my head, it's just an excuse for Tom Cruise to hang off the side of a plane. Nothing wrong with that, I'm always down for a new MI movie but I don't think of them as "Top whatever" material in general.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Kingsman wasn't that good, guys.

I recommend watching the church scene and turn it off.

5/10

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really? Galahad Bar scene, exploding heads, Eggsy vs Gazelle or the entire shoot out at the end?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie was a bit too try hard. Although, I can see the 14 year olds eating that shit up. Also, Mark Strong was miscast as Merlin.

spronk

FPS noob
I still haven't seen it, but is there no love at all for Mission Impossible Rogue Nation? Ghost Protocol & Mad Max felt very similar to me in the way that they are just all out action movies, with Mad Max being just a better movie. But surely there isn't THAT much difference that it doesn't make any lists. I still want to watch The Revenant, Creed, Rogue Nation, Hateful Eight. That being said this years movies have been incredibly weak. I get out a fair share to the theaters with the guys, but hardly at all this year.
The problem is in a year full of spy movies I thought Rogue Nation was eclipsed by Man from UNCLE and Kingsman. So... third best spy movie of the year is hard to put in top movie lists. Also has to compete with TV shows like Homeland, Americans, and the comic book ones like Shield/Carter/etc.

The supporting actors in Rogue Nation were also pretty terrible, they all sorta phoned it in. The villain was abysmal too, honestly I don't even remember now who the heck the bad guy was. Tom was great though. Ghost Protocol was way better than RN, sadly,

For the Kingsman fans they are already working on Kingsman 2, releasing in June 2017.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Here's my top 10: I'm waffling on the 1 and 2 spot. It's hard to compare a comedy to an action movie. I'm going to see star wars again this weekend, and it may edge back into the top spot. I'm also not 100% sure that I'm not listing the comedies higher than they should be just because no one else is giving them any love.

Trainwreck
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Mortdecai
The Martian
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Divergent Series: Insurgent
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Spy

The honorable mentions:
Get Hard
American Ultra
Hot Pursuit
Ant-Man
Goosebumps

Anything ranked lower than goose bumps can no longer be called a good movie.

It should be noted that as I was going through the list of 2015 releases, I realized there were more movies that I wanted to see and missed than movies that I actually saw. That includes a few that would have a legit shot at the top 10 if I'd seen them. Like Hateful 8, Final Girls, American Sniper, Daddy's Home, sisters, Scout's Guide, and a few others.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem is in a year full of spy movies I thought Rogue Nation was eclipsed by Man from UNCLE and Kingsman. So... third best spy movie of the year is hard to put in top movie lists. Also has to compete with TV shows like Homeland, Americans, and the comic book ones like Shield/Carter/etc.

The supporting actors in Rogue Nation were also pretty terrible, they all sorta phoned it in. The villain was abysmal too, honestly I don't even remember now who the heck the bad guy was. Tom was great though. Ghost Protocol was way better than RN, sadly,

For the Kingsman fans they are already working on Kingsman 2, releasing in June 2017.
I am with you here. In a year with some strong spy films the new mission impossible was a fun movie but its not even in the top two of the spy films alone let alone all films combined. I am glad I went to see it it was well made but that genera had an overabundance of good films this year.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so new years average list (score 5,4, 3, 2, 1 for top 5 choices, 1/2, 1/3 1/4 and so on the rest) yields 5 top contenders:

Top 1 uncontested: Mad Max: Fury Road (average 4.27)
Top 2-3: Star Wars episode 7 (average 2) and The Martian (average 1.85)
Top 4-5: Kingsman (average 1.11) and Ex Machina (average 1.06)
all the rest are below 0.75

Some blockbusters may have earned big amounts, but Rerolled has more finicky tastes... (I'm looking at you Jurassic World at 0.11 average)