Your Own Photography

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got some really cool pictures of the milky over the years, but I have to dig them out of my drive somewhere. Its the shit I love to photo. these are all raw unprocessed .jpg but they come to life with a little work in lightroom and RAW files.

Canon 6D full frame with a rokinon 24mm @f2.8 and 30 sec.
1712538521050.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This pic is creepy in a way, love it.
Its so dark up there, N Michigan, that the starlight actually lights up the shit. Truly a place where there is hardly any light pollution. But this was a 30 sec exposure with the light on my side by side being turned on for like a second.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I went to photograph a solar eclipse...but Sol has been replaced by a neutron star!!

aaa.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I had my Canon 7D ready to go, I used it for the last 2 eclipses. Homemade solar filter but it did ok. Go to put it all together last night and the camera will not turn on. Batteries are topped out no power. Pull the dual battery pack out , put in one battery . Nothing. Put it back together and use regular alkaline batteries , nothing.
I was going to sell it anyway when this eclipse was over so I'm not too pissed, and it was 12 years old. I am sad to report that the camera was the victim of a high speed hug involving a sledge hammer.

Good thing I had a Seestar as well. It was windy (17mph) so any video was wobbly but the photos came out alright. One of these is a 4x zoom on a sunspot.

Vegas area only got 49% cover so it really didn't even get dark.

Attachments

• seestar with solar filter.jpg
    seestar with solar filter.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 7
  • mid eclipse 2 .jpg
    mid eclipse 2 .jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ending of eclipse .jpg
    ending of eclipse .jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
  • mid eclipse .jpg
    mid eclipse .jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9
  • solar eclipse 4x.jpg
    solar eclipse 4x.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
I phone 13 only filter was 2017 pair of eclipse glasses. Location: Booneville Indiana We drove 3 hours and the town had about 3 min of full totality. Also, it was a ghost town, but they were set up to host hundreds.

IMG_7793.jpeg
IMG_7784.jpeg
IMG_7769.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users