Your Own Photography

Drek_sl

shitlord
Keeping motive to shoot is hard as fuck man.. I had a really hard time doing a "365" series of photos for a year. I ended up just giving up shortly into the 300s, with a lot of gaps in between
frown.png

rrr_img_4725.jpg
Want!

Desidero

N00b
My sister's dog on Christmas. I'm not sure if he's sad because of the sweater or all the wrapping paper laying around (he's afraid of everything).

I would've reshot this if I noticed that I chopped off part of his paw, but it's too late now. It might've been a good idea to set it up so the line on the rug was horizontal too.

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
Red Panda and Monarch Butterfly. The panda's enclosure is pretty dark with only a few sunshafts peeking through. So, my exposure highlighted him/her and blackened everything out. And I love the bokeh on the butterfly photo.

rrr_img_5486.jpg
rrr_img_5487.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I really like the red panda shot. I assume that's in a zoo somewhere?

eJ54Q.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Some quality stuff in this thread!

I haven't shot anything in a while due to no car and have already shot most things around my house that were mildly interesting. I really should get back into it, I miss it. These are the last few that I had uploaded somewhere else and lost everything else on my old HD

Oh, last photo is from after some gnarly storm in Michigan last summer. The sky was kind of terrifying. It's not great but that shit's real

MLM8Ph.jpg

7Kea4h.jpg

F9P13h.jpg

QPFaGh.jpg

SVH3jh.jpg

Feien

Ploppers
Thoughts please, I'm currently on the fence about this one.
Ah! The symmetry is close! But you can tell your lines go higher on the left side than on the right, so one can tell that you are not perfectly centered. I do like it though.

Drek_sl

shitlord
Ah! The symmetry is close! But you can tell your lines go higher on the left side than on the right, so one can tell that you are not perfectly centered. I do like it though.
This is driving me nuts and what you stated are exactly my thoughts, I'm not happy at all with this shot. I like the editing work on it, a lot, but like you mentioned - the symmetry needs work. I'm off to shoot it again tomorrow.

Thank you

Inspired by aphotothat was posted on FoH a long time ago (and I think it was recently posted on the FSR thread), I decided to try and imitate it, and then do some setups of my own.

Ers3s.jpg

4vD31.jpg

1sH36.jpg

2AITW.jpg

WiOtd.jpg
I've been wanting to give this a shot. You just need some plexiglass and a spray bottle + something beneath the glass, no? Any advice? Its definitely something I want to try!

Feien

Ploppers
I've been wanting to give this a shot. You just need some plexiglass and a spray bottle + something beneath the glass, no? Any advice? Its definitely something I want to try!
Rain-x is the secret sauce. Cover the piece of glass with it, that way you'll get all the bubbles instead of just water.You'll also find yourself needing quite a bit of light so you can close your aperture and get some detail in the background.

Drek_sl

shitlord
Rain-x is the secret sauce. Cover the piece of glass with it, that way you'll get all the bubbles instead of just water.You'll also find yourself needing quite a bit of light so you can close your aperture and get some detail in the background.
8328850246_831c806553_b.jpg

Try #2, thoughts? This thing drove me crazy, I spent almost 2 hours trying to get it right. I have about 100 shots and I'm not happy with any of them
frown.png

(sorry for the x2 posts everyone)