Zero Company - Star Wars XCom

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,084
15,576
My understanding is they were approached by EA to make it, but no clue how much involvement EA had. Can almost 99.9% guarantee lack of official mod support is from EA’s influence - why give for free what you can charge money for
 

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
22,050
19,545
I'm getting it. I don't care. I need a good tactical game and I'm not poor like the rest of you.
 
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2,494
6,095
Is EA just the publisher or did they have a hand in making the game?

EA is to game studios what Galactus is to planets. They don't make games. Games just exist for a while until they catch EA's attention and get eaten.

To answer your question, EA is just publishing, the studio behind this is Bit Reactor, a 2022 studio made up of mostly ex-Firaxis developpers who worked on Civilization and X-Com.
 

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,084
15,576
EA is to game studios what Galactus is to planets. They don't make games. Games just exist for a while until they catch EA's attention and get eaten.

To answer your question, EA is just publishing, the studio behind this is Bit Reactor, a 2022 studio made up of mostly ex-Firaxis developpers who worked on Civilization and X-Com.
Obligatory

1787788072457.png
 
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,877
1,619
Watched the tailend of a stream before work. «If i do this this and position here then do this this and set this up here! Yes! Tactics! Now I run up and shoot this and we should be good…. Fuuuuuuuuuuck!»

all tactics followed by a massive fail at what should have been the safest shot. Indeed xcom vibes.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10,514
16,452
This game is definitely good. Great graphics, feels like xcom with a good star wars story so far. Loving it.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
12,037
13,583
UI and camera are just as terrible as Xcom but gameplay/graphics are great
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Molten Core Raider
1,143
313
I’ve never played xcom, but would this be similar-ish to FF Tactics, BG3, or Divinity OS2? I loved those turn based strategy games and I love Star Wars so it seems perfect…?
 

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,168
57,364
I’ve never played xcom, but would this be similar-ish to FF Tactics, BG3, or Divinity OS2? I loved those turn based strategy games and I love Star Wars so it seems perfect…?
Of those three, it's going to be closest to FF Tactics, but still worlds different than any of those three.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
597
1,249
Just be careful, I read a steam review that said the game might lag at a terrible 40 FPS
 

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,315
6,053
any faggotry in here?
Lots of hate for the character creator to the point where even a few woke-tards are pointing out how ugly everything is. Haven't seen anything about the actual game yet though.
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,321
11,002
getting review bombed on Steam for lack of optimization.
For the record I dunno I don't have it yet. I plan to when they get it out of Alpha state. Why can no one release a working game anymore?
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,682
941
UE5 strikes again eh. At least shit fps doesn't really matter for this type of game.
 
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
3,368
2,765
UE5 strikes again eh. At least shit fps doesn't really matter for this type of game.

When it's as shitty as people are claiming it actually does matter, which is why they're giving bad reviews, and it's more than just fps.

Using UE for an isometric TBS game just seems like overkill to me, and the third person stuff is completely unnecessary and could have just been cutscenes.

Some people are saying it's an issue with TSR, and some say turning off environmental geometric something or other will boost your frames significantly. I'm installing now, so we'll see how it goes.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user