Furiosa (2024)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
What's the In-N-Out Burger stuff? Never heard of that, not the chain, but regarding him.

He lies and pretends like he is so disciplined with his diet and training that he never had fast food before. He goes further in one video and pretends to not know how a drive through works.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1715820210557.png

So he called up his world famous ex-wrestler father who instantly got him a tryout for the WWE. He was a natural (of course) and was immediately hired. I'm not being unfair to him either. That's how he tells it in his book. I can't recommend it because it's not very good but it's one long parade of "and I was the immediately the best at X on my first try." I'm not even doubting him on any of that but much like Hulk Hogan he has a story of his life that might paint things a particular way. He's told the seven dollar story a zillion times and while he may have been broke after his time playing for the Canadian Football League it's missing a wee bit of context.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 528987

So he called up his world famous ex-wrestler father who instantly got him a tryout for the WWE. He was a natural (of course) and was immediately hired. I'm not being unfair to him either. That's how he tells it in his book. I can't recommend it because it's not very good but it's one long parade of "and I was the immediately the best at X on my first try." I'm not even doubting him on any of that but much like Hulk Hogan he has a story of his life that might paint things a particular way. He's told the seven dollar story a zillion times and while he may have been broke after his time playing for the Canadian Football League it's missing a wee bit of context.
wasnt that him up there with Opera telling everyone to give money to Maui after the fires burned the island down?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
wasnt that him up there with Opera telling everyone to give money to Maui after the fires burned the island down?

Yep. They started a charity and by started a charity I mean they set themselves up as people you could send your money to which they would then do...charity with?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've soured on The Rock a lot lately as well, but Faster is a great fucking movie. I've said it countless times, it is perfect because his range of emotions is Pissed Off <---> Super Pissed Off. He only fluctuates between those two points, and it is glorious. No jokes, no deep thoughts, just looking to murder people for the entire movie. That's all I need from an "actor" like him.
he has some range

Sterling

El Presidente
They're not Brett Favre so it might have been at least semi-legit even if they're not really putting their own money up.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Cannot wait till next week, IMAX tix already in hand

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I think its good they kept with the same composer from FR - review gives me hope that it is not trash. As for being a prequle, what other character would it be about? From FR? So while yeah "GO FEMALEZ!" I think it is natural enough to be focused on her, and immortan joe etc. - its not traveling too far from what we already were given.

Now back to me watching thunderdome on some youtube channel hehe.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am so ready for this. My only concern is the over reliance on CGI. It looks very noticeable in the trailer footage that has been shown so far.

• 2Like

Caliane

first off. IGN.
Second. I don't believe you.
Third. "created a powerful character." No. No, man. Shit, no, man I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They're probably showing too much but my hype level is through the roof

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
was that "man who sold the world" in the score at the end?
it looks pretty good, but. fuck me, its not Mad Max with no Mad Max.
If they re-made mad maxine with an axe wound people would cry sacrilege. Telling a new story in the same universe is usually what people cry for when they do these pandering race/gender swaps.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If they re-made mad maxine with an axe wound people would cry sacrilege. Telling a new story in the same universe is usually what people cry for when they do these pandering race/gender swaps.
thats fine. call it Furiosa as well. i dont care about that. i care that Mad Max is in the title and there is no Mad Max. its like Friday The 13th with no Jason and the guy in the ski mask was the EMT whose son died.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
thats fine. call it Furiosa as well. i dont care about that. i care that Mad Max is in the title and there is no Mad Max. its like Friday The 13th with no Jason and the guy in the ski mask was the EMT whose son died.
This is a joke right? Mom was the killer but it's been a long time since watching those movies. Don't remember why he wore a mask

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is a joke right? Mom was the killer but it's been a long time since watching those movies. Don't remember why he wore a mask
At first I thought he was conflating details with one of the Halloween movies but he's talking about the unbelievably awful fifth movie, A New Beginning. Pamela was the killer in the first movie then Jason was the killer for the next 3. They planned to go in a different direction starting with 5, with the killers just being copycats/people driven mad but the movie was a flop and they turned Jason supernatural in the 6th movie so they could bring him back after killing him off at the end of 4.

The sixth movie is where the series stepped away from bog-standard gore and tits and more into black humor and a bit more action.

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At first I thought he was conflating details with one of the Halloween movies but he's talking about the unbelievably awful fifth movie, A New Beginning. Pamela was the killer in the first movie then Jason was the killer for the next 3. They planned to go in a different direction starting with 5, with the killers just being copycats/people driven mad but the movie was a flop and they turned Jason supernatural in the 6th movie so they could bring him back after killing him off at the end of 4.

The sixth movie is where the series stepped away from bog-standard gore and tits and more into black humor and a bit more action.
I called my friend who's a huge 13th fan to make sure. He got the mask from a chick to hide his face, can't remember what movie he named off. I completely forgot jason didn't come out with the Mask until 3. Might watch some of the earlier movies, I'm not the biggest horror guy but curious how they hold up.

The Thing to this day is still amazing after all these years.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I called my friend who's a huge 13th fan to make sure. He got the mask from a chick to hide his face, can't remember what movie he named off. I completely forgot jason didn't come out with the Mask until 3
The mask is his eye of the tiger.

• 2Like