10 Day Eviction Notice

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had a similar situation myself, although we never got a notice - the complainant moved out first. It was the only solution.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Fuck apartments, and fuck people with large "speaks" that think it's ok to have them blaring after 9pm.

Oldbased

> Than U
He won't win it but he sure can cause them a asston of trouble/hassle if he wanted to go through the effort in court over the preferred treatment of a violator downstairs who happens to be receiving special treatment if the facts we have are actually correct.
Cad bro, stop taking pictures of treehouses with kids near em. Chime in this shit.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well ya we all knew the moving was for sure. I was wanting his chime on the housing laws and how to piss off the apartment complex technically a law is being broken here from the facts we have, if as mentioned above we have the whole story.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well ya we all knew the moving was for sure. I was wanting his chime on the housing laws and how to piss off the apartment complex technically a law is being broken here from the facts we have, if as mentioned above we have the whole story.
No law is being broken.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know the state laws where he lives, but in TX fighting an eviction is pointless; they have a non-judicial process and the sheriff will come toss your shit in the street. Its very landlord-friendly.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't know the state laws where he lives, but in TX fighting an eviction is pointless; they have a non-judicial process and the sheriff will come toss your shit in the street. Its very landlord-friendly.
Yeah, renters are fucking 2nd class citizens in Texas. When I first moved here I lived at the Post Worthington in uptown and quickly learnt that your landlord can basically fist fuck you while simultaneously holding out their hand for your rent check. After a month of living there they decided to renovate the whole building and shut down the courtyard/pool for the summer, without providing any form of rent rebate for the massive inconvenience. We're talking a level of construction that required you to cover your face while walking in the hallways. Only after all tenants banded together and threatened to file a class action did the management give in and give us a rent discount.. We also had assigned parking, but on the weekends the uptown bar crowd would piggyback into the garage and steal your parking spot, leaving you totally fucked for parking. Again, the administration didn't give a shit, and this and other violations of the lease were basically laughed at when contacting the state. When car break-ins became a rampant in the garage at night and we suggested they install security cameras, they instead sent out a "friendly reminder" to remember to lock your doors and not leave valuables in plain view. Thanks bros for the tip! You have to be a masochist to rent in TX.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Heh, on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you have shit like this going on in BC because legislation is so protective of renters that some people have basically figured out how to live for free at landlord's expense:Bad tenants facing 6th eviction in 2 years - British Columbia - CBC News

"She gave me three postdated cheques and the first one was for April 1 and it bounced," Falconer told the CBC's Natalie Clancy. " And then last night, I saw your story and I thought, 'She's never going to pay me.'"

Falconer said she rented to the Perrets in Maple Ridge without a reference because she believed them when they told her their previous landlord had stolen their money and left town.

In fact, that landlord - Kim Gouws - hasn't gone anywhere, and says the Perrets owe her $5,000.
They were evicted from 6 places in the span of 2 years, basically never having paid any rent. What a couple of scumbags, jesus.

No wait, 8:B.C. bad tenants must pay or go to jail - British Columbia - CBC News

Counting up all the arrears the landlords claim they are owed by the Perrets, including unpaid rent, utilities, bailiffs' fees, cleaning, fees from bounced cheques, court fees and lost rent from vacancies following broken leases, the amount owed totals $39,650 since July 2012.

July - Sept. 2012: Evicted. Money owed: $7500
Sept. 2012: Evicted. Money owed: $3750
Oct. 2012 - Mar. 2013: Evicted. Money owed: $7900
Mar. - May 2013: Evicted. Money Owed: approx $5000
June - Oct. 2013: Evicted. Money owed: $7500
Nov. 2013 - Jan 2014: Evicted. $3000
Jan. - Mar. 2014: Evicted. $5000

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How you don't end up going to jail for that shit is beyond me. I saw something on the news last year about a lawyer (go figure!) doing the same thing in my area, just scamming one after the other, never paying rent. One landlord even ended up losing her home since she couldn't pay the mortgage, since bitch wasn't paying her rent. It's just crazy.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, renters are fucking 2nd class citizens in Texas. When I first moved here I lived at the Post Worthington in uptown and quickly learnt that your landlord can basically fist fuck you while simultaneously holding out their hand for your rent check. After a month of living there they decided to renovate the whole building and shut down the courtyard/pool for the summer, without providing any form of rent rebate for the massive inconvenience. We're talking a level of construction that required you to cover your face while walking in the hallways. Only after all tenants banded together and threatened to file a class action did the management give in and give us a rent discount.. We also had assigned parking, but on the weekends the uptown bar crowd would piggyback into the garage and steal your parking spot, leaving you totally fucked for parking. Again, the administration didn't give a shit, and this and other violations of the lease were basically laughed at when contacting the state. When car break-ins became a rampant in the garage at night and we suggested they install security cameras, they instead sent out a "friendly reminder" to remember to lock your doors and not leave valuables in plain view. Thanks bros for the tip! You have to be a masochist to rent in TX.
On the other hand, since property is relatively cheap here and there's no shortage of $30k millionaires its a great time/place to be a landlord. I wish I had bought more condos in 2012.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Heh, on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you have shit like this going on in BC because legislation is so protective of renters that some people have basically figured out how to live for free at landlord's expense:Bad tenants facing 6th eviction in 2 years - British Columbia - CBC News

They were evicted from 6 places in the span of 2 years, basically never having paid any rent. What a couple of scumbags, jesus.
Yeah, that sounds similar to when I rented in Montreal, which was basically the exact opposite of Texas.. If Texas represents "the Right" in how tenants are treated, Quebec/BC represents how "the left" treats the establishment. Not sure which is worse, but basically it was next to impossible to evict someone in Quebec. It literally took months to get someone evicted, and only if they were basically running a meth lab in the apartment. I think it took 2-3 months of non-payment of rent before you could even begin the eviction process.

Oldbased

> Than U
When I was in TN my partner had 7 houses he rented( 1 was a duplex 1 a triplex ) and he did credit checks and everything on some of those people. They would at least pay the deposit/first month but never another dime. Happened MANY times. He would get 2 months rent for people who took 3-4 months to evict out. Who the fuck would want to move every 6 months?

Previous landlords need to get that conviction on record.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I would definitely hire some guidos to break their fucking legs on my sidewalk before I let them live in my property rent free.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My mom has 9 houses in San Diego and she barely checks into her tenants and so far I haven't been called up and handed a bat.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume it was a private garage? When I lived in an apartment we had private spots run by the village so if anyone parked in our spot they got ticketed or booted. Which I guess doesn't help because it's not like these people got towed as much as we wanted them too.

When walking the dog we would tell people that it's private parking and tell them it was a $100 ticket (it wasn't that much) and people wouldn't care.

Parking was the biggest fucking headache and having a garage is the greatest thing ever.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SF is stupid tenant friendly as well. The whole rent control thing is starting to get out of hand and it's causing owners to keep empty properties to artificially inflate rent prices. Because, you know, already being the most expensive city in America isn't enough. That said, my apartment is rent controlled and I'm never leaving.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I assume it was a private garage? When I lived in an apartment we had private spots run by the village so if anyone parked in our spot they got ticketed or booted. Which I guess doesn't help because it's not like these people got towed as much as we wanted them too.

When walking the dog we would tell people that it's private parking and tell them it was a $100 ticket (it wasn't that much) and people wouldn't care.

Parking was the biggest fucking headache and having a garage is the greatest thing ever.
Yeah, it was a private underground garage under the apartment complex itself, and you even needed a clicker to get in, but people would just pickyback in behind you and park wherever they wanted. Eventually (and I'm talking 6-8 months) the management office was being so overwhelmed with complaints that they farmed out management of the lot to Platinum parking which promised a tough stance on the violators. Basically that translated into coming home at midnight looking forward to crawling into bed, but instead standing around for an hour until the pickup truck showed up to tow their ass away. I swear, never in my life have I been so tempted to vandalize a car. I would sit there for an hour staring at the shiny new red M3 in my spot, most likely owned by some 25 year old 30K millionaire punk, and try and convince myself he was the biggest asshole on the planet in order to try and ramp up enough courage to take a shit on his hood.

EDIT: Dallas uptown is probably filled with the biggest douche-lords the planet has ever seen. Take the worst qualities of some Jersey Shore-esque loser and mix him with the worst qualities of a redneck, and you have the Dallas Doucheneck. Has the greased hair, muscles, and affliction T-shirt, then marries all that to cowboy boots, a huge ass immaculate pickup truck, and country music. Awful. When I lived in the apartment mentioned above, there were three losers that shared a lease on an Astin-Martin, and they took turns with the vehicle whenever one of them had a hot date..

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
SF is stupid tenant friendly as well. The whole rent control thing is starting to get out of hand and it's causing owners to keep empty properties to artificially inflate rent prices. Because, you know, already being the most expensive city in America isn't enough. That said, my apartment is rent controlled and I'm never leaving.
Soriak recently schooled someone on rent control. I believe it was earthfell. Basically, it's awesome if you have a place that's reasonably priced and controlled, but it's absolutely retarded for the market as a whole and results in nothing but housing shortages in the long run. Yet idiots keep calling for it.