10 Day Eviction Notice

slowstang_sl

shitlord
Talked with the front desk and explained everything that was going on they said they will talk with the guy down stairs. Probably won't get evicted but just applied for a home loan anyways, hope to move as soon as possible.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Perhaps because the Mexicans living in them don't want to be booted out of the country?
She mainly rents to single white dudes and the bigger houses to single mothers. They are smaller units. She turns away the Mexicans only because they want to put 10 people into a 900 sqft home.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Heh, on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you have shit like this going on in BC because legislation is so protective of renters that some people have basically figured out how to live for free at landlord's expense:Bad tenants facing 6th eviction in 2 years - British Columbia - CBC News

They were evicted from 6 places in the span of 2 years, basically never having paid any rent. What a couple of scumbags, jesus.

No wait, 8:B.C. bad tenants must pay or go to jail - British Columbia - CBC News
Why the fuck are these moron landlords not doing rental history, credit and background checks?

CT is heavily in favor of renters as well, but as a landlord I cover my ass by requiring an application fee of $50 which covers (exactly I might add so there are no repercussions) the cost of my doing all these checks on potential tenants. I can't even tell you how many people have come to look at my apartments and said "We love it! when can we move in" and then when I tell them the process they say "OK! Sure no problem!" and then I never hear from them again.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The parking thing in Phoenix is dumb as well. You basically have to serve the vehicle notice and wait a day, then you can tow. Afterwards you can simply tow at will if they show up again. Suffice it to say, the last time it happened to me, the guys shitty 1985 van was in neutral and the parking break was either not set or so old it had rotted away, so I pushed it out into the road so they towed it right away.

I've even had a guy try and back up to pull into my private garage as I was coming home. Put it in park to block him and got out and started to knock on the guys window and he just started yelling inside his car while on the phone and eventually drove off and flipped me the bird. You'd think my skis, golf clubs and all my hard sided guitar cases would have given it away?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
If someone is repeatedly stealing your private parking spot, how are you NOT vandalizing their car? One or a couple times, I would never do something like that. But if it happened all the time and management wasn't doing anything, I'd be too pissed to stop myself

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
If someone is repeatedly stealing your private parking spot, how are you NOT vandalizing their car? One or a couple times, I would never do something like that. But if it happened all the time and management wasn't doing anything, I'd be too pissed to stop myself
In those referenced apartment buildings in dallas, there's literally nowhere else to park near those buildings either. Which is why they have private parking.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hear that even with a mortgage since it is so hard to foreclose and everything people just pay the first mortgage payment then never again. It takes like 4 months to start the foreclosure process then right when the bank is about to foreclose they file for bankruptcy. Which basically re-starts the whole process over again. They keep putting legal hurdles and roadblocks up and it takes like 5 years to actually get them out of the house.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Mainly because if I did vandalize the car in question, I would be the number one suspect since that's my parking spot. Not to mention I had a history of lodging complaints with the management office over that exact issue.

And Cad is correct.. When confronted with that scenario at midnight on a Saturday, there was NO where else to park as all public parking spots were filled by the bar crowd. I would literally have to pay a valet $20 at a nearby restaurant to let me keep my car there for the night, at least until they farmed out management to a parking company. Then it just became an issue of waiting around for an hour for the tow truck to show up so I could get my spot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My last apartment complex actually owned the local towing company. At night a tow truck driver (if not called out) would sit in our parking lot from 9PM until 6AM 5 times a week. If he saw someone park in a non-guest spot after 9PM (with which was the cut-off) he would immediately hook the car up and take it away. It was awesome. The only problem is some people had "guests" that probably lived with them, so all the guest spots were filled with the same cars every single day.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
My building is right in the middle of downtown, with 4 guest spots that are patrolled militantly by a couple designees in the building. If you don't sign in, you get towed. If you park there more than 3 times a week, you get towed. They keep track of plates and post a warning the first time, but otherwise they don't tolerate people fucking with the visitor parking, and even downtown with basically no unpaid parking anywhere we don't have any issues with assholes.

But somebody has to take charge of that shit and establish a precedent.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dunno, never lived in an apartment but from what I've seen most of the newer ones here you get a garage. Guy I am working with who is here temporarily has one. Since he lives alone he just opens up the other door for a guest since he only has one car.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I was going to say that someone should start a website with a monthly fee for landlords to post bad tenants, but with all things internet - there already is one. Opportunity lost =(

http://www.badtenantslist.net/

*edit: They definitely need some web design pointers.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Uptown fucking blows. I hate that all my friends want to hang out there. The parking sucks in that it either doesn't exist or you pay out the ass, the people there are pretty much exactly as described...it's like a shitty version of Austin. Except for Gui, Crimson Pho...maybe the Idle Rich...I'd never go.

I'm in the Village for now, and it's not too bad. Ive never had to complain about parking. Only complaint is it's old and a little pricey for what it is, but till I'm done with law school it will work.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uptown fucking blows. I hate that all my friends want to hang out there. The parking sucks in that it either doesn't exist or you pay out the ass, the people there are pretty much exactly as described...it's like a shitty version of Austin. Except for Gui, Crimson Pho...maybe the Idle Rich...I'd never go.

I'm in the Village for now, and it's not too bad. Ive never had to complain about parking. Only complaint is it's old and a little pricey for what it is, but till I'm done with law school it will work.
I feel like anyone who has lived in Dallas when they were between 20-30 has lived in the village at some point. Uptown is indeed ass, we lived in the arts district for a few years, but the rent there got up to uptown level rape. Now up in the burbs, if I never go down to McKinney Ave again it will be too soon.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Currently live off Knox/Henderson/Fitzhugh in an apartment. Uptown really hasn't been that bad. Enjoy being close to Katy trail, Highland Park, and a ton of restaurants/shopping. Closing on a house in Richardson on the 22nd. Gonna miss the area, but not exactly moving far away.

Idle Rich and McKinney Avenue is hilarious. So many $30 thousand millionaires, so many hot bitches. It's fun to watch the two interact.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hear that even with a mortgage since it is so hard to foreclose and everything people just pay the first mortgage payment then never again. It takes like 4 months to start the foreclosure process then right when the bank is about to foreclose they file for bankruptcy. Which basically re-starts the whole process over again. They keep putting legal hurdles and roadblocks up and it takes like 5 years to actually get them out of the house.
If you enter bankruptcy isn't nearly impossible to get another loan from the bank? If a bank gives you a loan they deserve to get taken.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If you enter bankruptcy isn't nearly impossible to get another loan from the bank? If a bank gives you a loan they deserve to get taken.
In California I want to say it's 8 years. I recently had to help my brother lease his old place but his bank was also involved as they still owned part of it. They refused to look at one potential person who had proof of 80k in the bank and 250k salary because he had a bankruptcy 4 years ago. I was amazed. But then again it seems like a lot of folks these days or maybe just in Ca declare it when times are bad without realizing how long you carry it with you.