100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time (Rolling Stone Magazine)

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Fo
Guess I need to saddle up and watch the Wire and Sopranos at some point.

As has been said, I really don't get why they'd mix in talk shows with drama/comedy. Why the fuck don't you just throw in Sports Center and various sporting events while you're at it?

Do Sapranos first, or it will be anti-climatic following big jump in quality of The Wire.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends on what you're into really, none of the top-5 were interesting to me. Wire I haven't watched at all the rest were a few episodes and didn't bother thereafter. Of the top 20 I only like 5 and its a travesty that South Park is only 33, after 20-years its still managing to stay relevant unlike say the Simpsons which peaked higher but faded a long time ago.

If you're talking point in time then the original Star Trek probably make sense but as someone born at the start of the 80s and didn't watch it as a kid its pretty unwatchable.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Did you just awaken from a coma?

I don't watch much TV at all. I was always aware of the Sopranos because it was so big in popular culture, just never got around to watching it. The Wire was much less pop-culture relevant, but I did have a friend or two who raved about it. I'll add them to the list, along with about 100 Steam games, 50 magazines, and 20+ books that I own unread, let alone would love to read.

Oldbased

> Than U
I watched all of Jericho few weeks back. Got left feeling incomplete but happy with it as a show.
Spent most of the past 2 weeks watching various amounts of episodes of Lost for the first time ever. Loved Season 1. Got really fed up with flashbacks in season 2. Started to think the writers were on drugs on season 3. Got part way through season 4 only to go fuck this and watch the last few episodes of season 6 to realize it was as crazy as 3+ and glad I didn't waste the time on rest of 4/5/6.
Think I'll stick to future/wasteland Scifi series from now on

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Sopranos deserves number 1, it's the reason why all the television we watch now is so fucking good.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm okay with Cheers being in the top 20 though I would have put it much higher. I also don't feel talk shows should be on this list.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The Sopranos deserves number 1, it's the reason why all the television we watch now is so fucking good.

Yeah, generally these lists are just idiotic reasons to argue...but I would say they got the top 3 right. (You could make a case for BB,The Wire and Sopranos in any order)

It's amazing how much good television was/has been created since 2000...I still think it's the "golden age" (And I'm a huge old TV fan as well)

That being said, I would have dropped "freeks and geeks" much lower, and raised "arrested development"...but the top 20 is understandable.