12 Monkeys

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I thought episode 1 was really well done. It scares me a little that they are doing so much already with paradox and setting some serious ground rules for themselves.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
First episode was great, exceeding expectations. Really nice to see Syfy turning it around and actually being about serious scripted science fiction again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its been some time since we had an interesting time travel TV series (I guess you can count Continuum though). I'm enjoying this.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed the first two episodes.

Only thing I don't like is that Brad Pitt's character is now a chick. But I guess they wanted some more eye candy.

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched this and Helix both episodes now. I really thought I would like Helix more but have ended up more interested in 12 Monkeys. For me the acting is actually decent and well above what I thought Syfy would have.
12 Monkeys seems like something you would see on prime time network tv in quality.
Helix is as well but the story line hasn't sucked me in like I thought it would;/

Edit- Still not seen 1st season of Helix also ratings, not top 25 compared to other channels but for Syfy it is doing good. Syfy is really trying to earn viewership back after the past mistakes of programming:

NEW YORK - January 21, 2015 - Syfy's critically acclaimed 12 Monkeys shattered channel records for a series premiere, soaring 85 percent among Adults 18-49, the highest lift ever based on L+3 data.

12 Monkeys delivered 1.0 million Adults 18-49, 1.1 million Adults 25-54 (+73 percent) and 2.3 million total viewers (+73 percent) from its Live+SD deliveries on Friday, January 16.

12 Monkeys also scored the highest Men 18-34 delivery for a Syfy series premiere since Helix in January 2014.

Barab

Really enjoyed the first two episodes.

Only thing I don't like is that Brad Pitt's character is now a chick. But I guess they wanted some more eye candy.
there seem to be some differences in story line between the two characters...

Div

there seem to be some differences in story line between the two characters...
Like what? I haven't seen the movie in a while so I don't fully remember everything about the character other then that he was also in the mental institution.

Barab

I guess we dont know enough after 2 episodes but the straight off the bat wasnt pitt talking about eliminating the human species ? I cant figure out of bat shit girl daughter is in on it or really a pawn or what...we shall see.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Like what? I haven't seen the movie in a while so I don't fully remember everything about the character other then that he was also in the mental institution.
pitt was a worthless crazy rich son of the virus making father who ended up forming PETA, 12monkeys.

girl pitt, created/creating the virus with crazy father then got sent to the looney bin cuz 12monkeys(real organization this time) busted up her lab and she thinks she killed all her friends cuz she's also always be cray cray and is even more cray cray in the looney bin.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Is there confirmation that Pitt's character got changed to the chick or is it his sister? I don't think I heard anything either way and was assuming it was his sister. I could be totally off base.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
Halfway through the first episode. Hate the casting. The stuff about changing the future pisses me off since it goes against the movie completely.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
A quick IMDB shows me he's actually Pyro from X-2 and Last Stand....He has not aged well. Zeljko Ivanek is this best thing so far. He delivers as usual.

Caliane

been a while, I could have sworn Pitt was a total red herring, as well as the 12 monkeys. he was actually related to the scientists?

Am enjoying this so far.

Barab

This is getting good. I haven't check the interwebs yet but I can confirm an Easter egg.... That Aloha shirt with the Tigers/lions he was wearing in Haiti is the same one Bruce is wearing in the airport in the movie. I know this becaus I own the same Hawaiian shirt.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why is the Tall Man super strong and whatever? I really don't hope he doesn't have some dumb cyborg type McGuffin or something. Only thing that annoyed me about the episode.

Div

Is there confirmation that Pitt's character got changed to the chick or is it his sister? I don't think I heard anything either way and was assuming it was his sister. I could be totally off base.
Yeah I read an interview with the director (or someone high up) where he explains that they made a conscious decision to change that character to the chick. Otherwise that character would always be in Pitt's shadow. Something along those lines.