• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Are there spoken dialogue language quotas the writers need to fill these days? I mean, I get all the out-of-place and non-historical forced diversity in this show. But all this completely random and unncessary dialogue that only serves the purpose to shove in another language and is really tiresome. Basically the characters frequently talk to each other in a language the other one obviously doesn't understand, so it's bascially some kind of monologue, it's super weird.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there spoken dialogue language quotas the writers need to fill these days? I mean, I get all the out-of-place and non-historical forced diversity in this show. But all this completely random and unncessary dialogue that only serves the purpose to shove in another language and is really tiresome. Basically the characters frequently talk to each other in a language the other one obviously doesn't understand, so it's bascially some kind of monologue, it's super weird.
Youre confused about a cruise ship coming from Europe to New York has different nationalities on it speaking different languages? Thats super weird.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There any way to adjust the audio so that each language is spoken natively w/ subtitles? I hate dubbing. Also, lip sync was terrible when the redhead was speaking English, anybody else experience this? COulda been me fucking w/ the languages that caused it.

Juvarisx

Florida
There any way to adjust the audio so that each language is spoken natively w/ subtitles? I hate dubbing. Also, lip sync was terrible when the redhead was speaking English, anybody else experience this? COulda been me fucking w/ the languages that caused it.

Just choose the original English option and it will do what you want. English Dubbed is what you have on currently from the sounds of it.

• 1Like

bolok

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it defaults to dubbed and it's as awful as you'd expect. Ended up finishing it up today - i don't think watching the first 5 or whatever as drunk as I was helped- but it's pretty good overall. Completely agree about the opening song- just really doesn't fit. Can't knock it outta the park like Dark did with their OP everytime. Dark is definitely better- but this is still quite good. I'd definitely watch another season, if for no other reason to try and get a better idea of wtf is actually happening in the wider world.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dark was one of the best shows ever. Can't wait to start watching this, completely forgot about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I just watched the first episode. Clearly a song from the 60s doesn't fit the time era the show takes place in

I can only assume the choice was intentional in order to foreshadow the plot development or similar

You would be correct.

Aazrael

Just finished it and yea, I did not expect or really understand the ending fully. Dark was confusing as well though but kinda cleared stuff up after S3.

Was this supposed to be only one season?

Juvarisx

Florida
Just finished it and yea, I did not expect or really understand the ending fully. Dark was confusing as well though but kinda cleared stuff up after S3.

Was this supposed to be only one season?
They want to do more, but as always its up to Netflix

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah this was interesting. I am not a fan of the music choice.

I honestly thought reality was going to be in the 60-70's thus explaining the music choice. Dark had much better use of music. It was cute how you could hear the director's desperately not trying to use the same kind of music. I heard Dark's background music trying to peek in. I like the principle of the story. I am guessing this is a long range space colonization situation. The simulation was created as a way to keep the mind busy during such a long flight. I assume somebody decided to take advantage of it(The brother for the moment).

I was not a fan of the cruise ship 1899 time frame. Why 1899 besides the even 200 year difference in time? That seriously needs an explanation. They could have done this with any time frame. Again I am guessing the one doing the manipulation has something to do with the choice of existence. There is easily room for another season but it could also just end here honestly. So far this is not nearly as compelling as Dark was. I actually think the actors in Dark were a lot better. Also it was a lot easier to relate too. I do not relate to 1899 or cruise ships. Also as noted, the music elevated Dark as opposed to the music in this show. It was worth watching but I would give it a 6.5/10. Dark was a 10/10.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kinda disappointing. I'd probably watch a season 2, but definitely wouldn't mark my calendar or anything. Sucks because Dark was amazingly well done in 3 seasons and one of the few SciFi shows to actually tie it all up well at the end.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah this isn't great. I've turned off two episodes halfway through to resume the next day. That shouldn't happen really

Halfway through six and I don't really feel enthused to continue

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It has me hooked for sure. Same kind of stuff from the early season of Lost before it turned to shit.

I like the secret passage, the coded messages and the strange out of place tech. I hope they do a good job of explaining all that in a satisfying manner.

Animosity

I thought this was alright. The first 5-6 episodes were really good then started going downhill a bit once everything started revealing. I like the setting of cruise ship and the time period. But by the end it felt like a Matrix/Inception ripoff. But I guess a lot of scifi would be that way. Id still recommend it to anyone who likes Dark, Scifi or some mind games.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as they don't all wind up being dead and in purgatory I don't see myself hating this show...

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Alright, lasted 4 episodes. The terrible dialogue and acting, the wokeness, it got too much. The final straw was how the capitain was acting in a completely moronic manner and was so comically badly written in his response to the findings on the prometheus and the mutiny. Similar to Dark in how it started out really well with an interesting premise, but then the character mannerisms quickly devolved into bad per-scene writing and it got too stupid. How disappointing. NEXT

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
, the wokeness,

Alright guys, we made it 38 replies without someone mentioning the woke word. Even worse way to spoil such a streak is the fact that reavor reavor is talking out his ass. Early campaigning for next years asshat maybe?

WTF ARE YOU ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT YOU RETARDED SHITBREATHER?

It wouldn't be the BLACK MAN would it? HOW DARE THEY CAST A BLACK MAN AS A FRENCH FOREIGN LEGIONNAIRE, who was most likely recruited from a French African colony? OH NO ONE BLACK CHARACTER WHO FITS THE SETTING IS SO WOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users