1982 Tron vs 2010 Tron thread

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I watched like the first three episodes of Tron: Uprising and thought, this isn't really that innovative or interesting.

Awhile later I watched the rest of it on Netflix upon urging from this forum I think and it turns out it was really, really good. And then I discovered it was cancelled. What crap.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Loved the visuals in part 2. Amazing.

When I was a kid I always had this dream of having green night lights running in patterns on my floor then clear plexiglass on top of it. And that would be my floor. Lol.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been a decade, is Olivia Wilde even hot any more? Who's the next digital hotness to get materialized.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Been a decade, is Olivia Wilde even hot any more? Who's the next digital hotness to get materialized.
2020+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Hosted+Radhika+AhZFWZm0OWDx.jpg

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tron 2 would have been a million times better had they set up part 3 more effectively.

Let Clu into the real world, trap our heroes in the computer world, and you have a perfect Empire ending, and I’d buy a ticket to see how it all plays out.

Oh yeah, spoilers above, I guess.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the third act of Tron: Legacy is a real letdown from the first and second acts which are basically perfect.

Cybsled

That's a big risk, though, if you don't have a guaranteed sequel setup.

I mean, who knows how Tron3 will be setup. Will Sam and Quorra even factor into it? Sam has the Tron program in his safe keeping at the end and presumably runs the company now.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The main problem I had with Tron: Legacy was the central character, he just wasn't that likeable.

I really enjoyed the movie otherwise. Stylistically it was perfect and you add Daft Punk to that and you're on to a winner. And, well, Jeff Bridges dude!

Cybsled

Ya, he was sort of a bland “Everyman” that served as connective tissue between the original and the sequel.

Maybe in a 3rd you have Olivia cameo as older Quorra and she tasks some new generation to fix whatever shit Sam messed up (maybe he got killed or whatever). Like the Tron world getting into the internet or w/e.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Daft punk for the score? I'm in.

#2 had lots of style. I know there were lots of flaws, but damn if I didn't have fun. It completely pulled off the feeling of me being dropped in another world for a couple hours, so I enjoyed myself bigly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually like Garrett Hedlund, but dude had a really bad agent at the beginning his career or something.

Supposedly he turned down a high profile role in Hunger Games and the male lead in 50 Shades of Grey so I guess he's happy being a C-lister.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Old Tron doesn't age well. It's boring as fuck. Effects are stupid. And really pretends to be cerebral, and for the time I'm sure it was, but it's a bunch of "dude bro" office space hippie jibberish that doesn't really know what story it's telling.

I just want a 4K master of Tron (2010) with Dolby Atmos. This and Avatar are probably the only two movies that ever did 3D justice, too.