2012 NFL Season

This shitter of a game was probably not flexed to a 1:00 Sunday game because ESPN saw the opportunity for Tebow to play in prime time. The network has become rather shameless...see the recent RG3 comments on the Skip Bayless dickslap contest - they want controversy and bullshit like obsessing over a backup quarterback, it's tabloid sports journalism nowdays.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
MNF games are not flexed; every team plays once on Monday (there are two games week 1 to make up for no games week 17).
TNF games are not flexed; every team plays at least once on a Thursday (though due to Thanksgiving games, it's not guaranteed every team plays on TNF itself).
SNF games are flexed starting in week 11; some teams play multiple games, some teams play none, depending on projected ratings and importance. Only Sun afternoon games can be flexed to SNF. Edit: Fox and CBS each get to "lock in" one game each that can't be flexed, I believe.

I wasn't paying attention to the TV business at the time, but it seemed like the NFL wasn't happy with the move of MNF to ESPN. They lost their spot in the Super Bowl rotation, they had to air all the games in a local market, and as the scheduling suggests, the NFL isn't holding the marquee games for them. Not that Disney cares in the least - at least $5 of every cable/satellite subscriber's bill goes to the ESPN networks. That's around half a billion a yearBEFOREyou add one commercial. Almost all estimates suggest ESPN is the most profitable TV entity by far.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I need bout 23 points from CJ to win in fantasy football. He had that 94 yard td run and I swear they're going to throw locker into the ground to try and develop that shitbag without handing off to cj more than twice the rest of the game... CJ is going to have to strip/sack/recover his own QB to win this game and my fantasy football match!

Sanchez definitely playing like the playoffs are on the line. I really think you're going to see this guy go from starting quarterback to not even on the roster next season. Either that or Ryan is intentionally trying to kill that franchise.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sanchez definitely playing like the playoffs are on the line. I really think you're going to see this guy go from starting quarterback to not even on the roster next season. Either that or Ryan is intentionally trying to kill that franchise.
I think Sanchez has something like 8 million in guarantees next season so I doubt they would cut him even if they wanted to.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I said before the season that Sanchez probably stays on their roster (because of guaranteed money) but probably loses the starting job; I've seen nothing in the season to suggest otherwise. Whether the Jets can draft or pick up a decent enough QB is another matter.

As for Tannenbaum and Ryan, the problem is they've had so many injuries that no one could have succeeded, and they both have years of guaranteed money still. I think they keep their jobs, despite the 3rd or even 4th place in the division finish that guarantees.