2013 NFL Playoffs

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think the Bengals will come out with a win tomorrow. I think it will be a tight game, but Cincy will come out on top. The Bengals defense will be too much for Houston to overcome. I think Foster won't be able to get the run game going and the pressure in Schaub's face will cause him to make mistakes. I have a feeling this will come down to a end of game drive by Schaub resulting in an INT.
Can not go down that road. Bengals will be blown out.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bengals get blown out, but I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way either. Just two very inconsistent teams. I have no idea why exactly the Texans have been so miserable lately, but I've got a very good idea why the Bengals have: the offensive line.

Cincy's offense is all over the place, and that inconsistency starts with a wildly inconsistent o-line. What's frustrating is that it should be a strength for the Bengals and if you break it down individually then it looks pretty good. Andre Smith at RT has quietly developed into easily one of the best RT's in the league, Zeitler at RG in his rookie campaign has already developed into a guard well above league average. Whitworth has not had a great last couple years, presumably because he hates gingers, after being one of the top LTs in the league, but he hasn't fallen off that much; he's still pretty good. Boling at left guard is young and little raw with a lot of talent though and if easily passable. They've had a lot of turmoil at center this year after Cook went down in the preseason. They pulled him back off IR and he started a couple games, but it didn't go over spectacularly. Then there is the likely starter for the Texans game UDFA Robinson who has been just a flat out steal. He's very good, but he'll occasionally still make some rookie mistakes.

So center is a little dicey and that's the heart of the line, but overall the group has a decent amount of experience together especially when Cook is in at center - because while this is Boling's first season as a starter he saw a decent amount of work during his rookie campaign. So, I guess most of the stability issues do come down to an undrafted rookie center (and to a lesser extent someone on the left side fucking up occasionally) in what is individually an outstanding line. When the line is on though they are a fucking force in both the pass and run games. The Texans and Bengals both have huge strengths on the defensive front and both have had shaky o-line play as of late, so I think the play of the big guys on offense is ultimately what is going to decide this game.

I'm really fucking excited for the game though. 23 years without a win in the playoffs and never won a playoff game on the road, but after waiting 3 decades for back to back winning seasons the atmosphere is electric.

edit: I think the Bengals have a clear edge in special teams, so if it's a close game that's one more thing that could tip it over to a win.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
edit: I think the Bengals have a clear edge in special teams, so if it's a close game that's one more thing that could tip it over to a win.
Maybe Shayne Graham will choke in a big game like he always did for us.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_7449.jpg
How can we lose with this guy?

Alex Smith has nothing on Kaeperbro.
Wtf how is this guy an NFL QB lol He looks like an out of shape 45 year old Mexican with a beer belly haha

rrr_img_7449.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtf how is this guy an NFL QB lol He looks like an out of shape 45 year old Mexican with a beer belly haha
Its not exactly the most athletic position on the field TBH. Have you seen most of these QB's standing around between plays in HD? Beer guts everywhere. Peyton is a fat middle aged looking dude especially.

Some of them are more cut, especially when younger like Keaperbro but overall they seem to end up looking like middle aged husbands more than the skill and speed position guys.

The pics of Eli over the summer were hilarious.

zyMEF.jpg

My3a2.jpg

Still a better QB than Tebow, even though god boy is fucking shredded.

zyMEF.jpg

My3a2.jpg

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah he's probably too ripped for the position. I know some of them looked bad like Brady in that draft picture but never realized how chubby and just out of shape the majority of them look lol

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was referencing his tattoo guy more than anything lol. He looks like a Chinese mafia hitman or something lol. Kaeperbro obviously hangs out with people much cooler than us!

I think Kaeperbro is half black and half white or something (like me!). He was adopted by white parents when he was young.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No problem bro.

Colin Kaepernick ethnicity is a highly searched term on google though!

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
two plays to get 2 yards and we go backwards. So tired of settling for FGA

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having this as a separate thread from the regular NFL thread fucking sucks. Following two threads is shit. Absolutely no reason for it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
the season thread is for Adam, Grim and Genj. Everyone else should be over here by now

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys are allowed to cheer for the better football team, from Texas, until February

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey that just isn't true. Even though the Texans have put forth their best effort late in the season, the Cowboys are still the team best at disappointing their fans.

If Texans get a TD on this drive it is game over.