2013 NFL Playoffs

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Congrats to all the Raven fans. Enjoy it while you can, Tannehill leads us to the promised land in the swamps of Jersey next year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
When they switched to Kaep I told myself if they win the Superbowl I could get behind it, but they didn't. Even though they lost for many more reasons than the QB during that final game, but still all they had to do was the same thing as last year just better and this was the one thing that jeopardized everything. It wouldn't be such a big deal except for that one horrific overthrown interception that pretty much negated any other big plays Kaep made and the fact that the only thing your other quarterback excels at is ball-security.
The game probably ends 41-13 with Smith under center. You haven't been watching the 49ers long if you think Smith has a clutch bone anywhere in his body. The guy can't play from behind..AT ALL. Yes, I realize there was the divisional game against the Saints. But..it's the fucking Saints. Their defense is always near the bottom of the league. Not to mention, it was one game out of how many? When the going gets tough, Smith gets scared. Always has, ever since the start of his career, and always will(now watch him go to the Browns and win the SB so I can eat some more fucking crow. As if Gore and Kaep weren't bad enough).

People bitching about the refs costing us the game(especially 49er fans)need to shut up, quit making excuses, and take our medicine. We had about 3-4 opportunities to really help put that game away or take the lead and change momentum. We didn't execute for shit. You know your team is in trouble and a bit too fucking awestruck when they line up in an illegal formation on the FIRST fucking play of the game. If there is one thing I dislike about Harbaugh, it's that it seems like he lacks the ability to keep the players disciplined. Penalties spiral out of control, we can't get momentum back, etc. I think a lot of his anxiety rubs off on players. Watch him on the sidelines, he's going fucking bonkers almost the entire time. I love the passion he has, but the "nervous Nelly" shit needs to be quelled.

Greg Roman: Well, I've been bitching about the fucker all goddamn season and that last drive is exactly why. Gore just broke a big run to the 5 yard line? I'll trick them with 4 straight passes! They'll never see it coming! I'M SUCH A GENIUS!!! I hope he gets a HC job at some university that nobody gives a shit about.

Vic Fangio: Can a motherfucker get a blitz every now and then, please? The only time we got any serious pressure on Flacco, it was off of a blitz. I don't get why this guy insists on rushing nothing but 4 guys, all the time, never using any subs. You can tell that Aldon and company get absolutely gassed as the game wears on. I think he did an incredible job last year, but he needs to figure out what the hell happened this year. 0 pressure was being created up front after Justin Smith got hurt and it continued even when he came back. It needs to be fixed.

With all that said, the reason the 49ers lost, is because somewhere in the 2nd half of the Patriots game and then continuing the rest of the season(minus the game against Arizona, the worst offense in the NFL), our defense forgot how to get the fuck off the field on 3rd down. You can't keep letting teams extend drives and expect to win.

Now that the loss has finally sunk in, despite it still feeling like shit and always having that "what if" in the back of your head, I'm really hopeful about the team moving forward. I was totally against Kaepernick, thought the whole QB controversy was retarded, and didn't think he had the skillset to compete in the NFL. I'm glad I was totally wrong. I'm really sold on him as our QB of the future, if nothing else but because of his amazing attitude. Throws a pick-6 against Green Bay? Caps it off with the largest rushing game in NFL history by a QB. Down 17 against Atlanta? Ain't no thang! And then he almost does it again in the biggest game of his life, in his TENTH career start? If that isn't for real, I don't know what is..

PS: That was a commercial, there is no Leon Sandcastle
02-04-2013 01:57 PMGavinrad

Please tell me you aren'tactuallythis fucking stupid...

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Who's the dipshit that is whining about about a neg? QQ moar. Point still stands, it was a holding call that should have been called, period.
What's your point? Call or no call the game ends the same fucking way. QQ'ing about it with a giant picture when there were far worse things that weren't called that had a greater effect on the game is stupid and I called him out on it. Now you can bring your big boy pants and your fucking "points" up in the thread instead of being a little bitch.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
What's your point? Call or no call the game ends the same fucking way. QQ'ing about it with a giant picture when there were far worse things that weren't called that had a greater effect on the game is stupid and I called him out on it. Now you can bring your big boy pants and your fucking "points" up in the thread instead of being a little bitch.
Well, at least I can say I'm not a Rams fan.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I don't understand the Kaeperbro hate. The pick was a horrible overthrow, but he made so many plays last night and literally was 5 yards away from MVP. Yes, MVP. Assuming he either throws it in or ran it in himself he would have went for over 300 yards, 3 total TD's, with the one pick. I'm sure he had the green light to scramble on the last series, and it's probably a bit on him that he didn't try it at least once (really, how do they not call one running play on any of the 3 downs after the 2 minute warning to at least make the Ravens burn timeouts in case they need to make a drive for a FG?). The play-calling was just stupid though, and it was pretty damn obvious on the plays they were bringing max pressure. Something has to be in to go to a hot route.

Renault

N00b
I could easily be misremembering it but on the 2nd down I thought it looked like Kaepernick was making a break to the left until they whistled it dead because of the timeout; either way it was some questionable play calling at times.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
PS: That was a commercial, there is no Leon Sandcastle
02-04-2013 01:57 PMGavinrad

Please tell me you aren'tactuallythis fucking stupid...
He was just being a douche, running around negging everyone today in his attention whoring thread.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I could easily be misremembering it but on the 2nd down I thought it looked like Kaepernick was making a break to the left until they whistled it dead because of the timeout; either way it was some questionable play calling at times.
Yeah, iirc they were in the pistol and it looked like a read option to me. But of course they called the time out and decided to continue being "tricky" with the pass calls. One thing I will say in defense of the play calling, Kaep said he audibled into some of those plays at the line. We can't say for sure if it was bad play calling or bad reads at the line by Kaep.

I'm very happy to see the Ravens win it, really can't think of a better organization off the top of my head aside from my home team.

Famm - i posted, after the AFCCG, that i was pulling for the ravens. I was definitely not joking, totally sincere.

Also, note the Ravens beat Peyton, Brady, and the 49ers without their best man-coverage corner back - amazing.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_12216.jpg

Fire Marshall shut the stadium down. Amazing.

rrr_img_12216.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You get enough American Inventors together in one place and someone's going to get stabbed/shot/killed. Now if only that place were Africa.