2013 NFL Season

Fadaar

That guy
That started out with "Josh Freeman is the answer" and I was like, wait, Burnem thinks Freeman will solve all their problems?

I can't figure that guy out. He first came into the league and I thought he really would be the answer. Almost like a Russell Wilson type player. But man has he sucked recently.
Yeah tell me about it. The team is incredibly frustrating to watch due to Freeman's inconsistency, as well as the team as a whole. Like last year... they lost 41-0 to New Orleans, the worst defense in the league. What the fuck? Then two weeks later they beat the Falcons 22-17. Granted it was week 17 but the Falcons didn't just roll over and take it, they did try.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Yeah tell me about it. The team is incredibly frustrating to watch due to Freeman's inconsistency, as well as the team as a whole.
Freeman has had a little bit of the Alex Smith problem - no consistent offensive coordinators and QB coaches. This year will be his 2nd year in the same offensive system (first time in his career iirc) which will be great. Both Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks will be back from injury, so they should have a very solid offensive line, compared to last year where both were down and Doug Martin still nearly hit 2k all purpose yards. I have a feeling this year Freeman will be more consistent with another year in the same system under his belt, and with the whole O-line playing together.

The worry I have with the Bucs is their defense. Who knows if both Bowers and Clayborn can generate a good enough pass rush to help out. Additionally, who knows if those 2 + McCoy can play together a full season together since each has been injured at least once in the last 2 years.

As an avid Bucs fan I'm excited for this season. If the starters stay relatively healthy, the Bucs can compete enough for a Wild Card I'm sure.

Fadaar

That guy
Freeman has had a little bit of the Alex Smith problem - no consistent offensive coordinators and QB coaches. This year will be his 2nd year in the same offensive system (first time in his career iirc) which will be great. Both Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks will be back from injury, so they should have a very solid offensive line, compared to last year where both were down and Doug Martin still nearly hit 2k all purpose yards. I have a feeling this year Freeman will be more consistent with another year in the same system under his belt, and with the whole O-line playing together.

The worry I have with the Bucs is their defense. Who knows if both Bowers and Clayborn can generate a good enough pass rush to help out. Additionally, who knows if those 2 + McCoy can play together a full season together since each has been injured at least once in the last 2 years.

As an avid Bucs fan I'm excited for this season. If the starters stay relatively healthy, the Bucs can compete enough for a Wild Card I'm sure.
You pretty much summed it all up. Defense is going to live or die by injuries, especially the DE's and Revis. If Clayborn + Bowers + Revis can stay healthy that's a solid foundation, in addition to two great young LB's (Foster and David) behind the line. Offense I'm not too worried about, I don't think Martin will have as many rushing yards as last year but I do think his overall yardage will stay about the same (ie more receiving yards). All they really need on offense is a TE worth a shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, Jets, never change.

New York Jets already seem intent on screwing up Geno Smith, toying with 'change-of-pace' role

Sounds like they just went out and got Geno because he's black and figured that surely he can run?

Oh, and more ridiculousness from the NFL in regards to Hernandez. Apparently the HoF had a photo that won "Photograph of the Year" in 2010 with Hernandez that they decided to take down. You know, to keep up with the whole pretending he never existed thing.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Jets are only screwing up his development if he is able to go in and start Week 1. Which we have no evidence for.

Then again, I am already on record as saying "The Jets fucked up." Either they had to have:
No Rex and no Sanchez, with a full regime change. OR
Rex and Sanchez and no new QB. Draft OL and WR that will play next year on the tiny chance Sanchez starts.

Instead they went half and half, and now the next coach has to be one that believes in Geno, and if he's a bust, we're talking the 2016+ season before they get a clean slate. Ugh.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Jets are only screwing up his development if he is able to go in and start Week 1. Which we have no evidence for.

Then again, I am already on record as saying "The Jets fucked up." Either they had to have:
No Rex and no Sanchez, with a full regime change. OR
Rex and Sanchez and no new QB. Draft OL and WR that will play next year on the tiny chance Sanchez starts.

Instead they went half and half, and now the next coach has to be one that believes in Geno, and if he's a bust, we're talking the 2016+ season before they get a clean slate. Ugh.
Its probably just a bunch of offseason nonsense anyway. At most that change of pace stuff is going to be one play a game, probably far less. I'd say realistically one of them wins the job in camp (I'm guessing Sanchez just due to experience, unless Smith shows serious physical freak ability in preseason and Mark shits the bed repeatedly, which is possible) and its his job to lose by midway. If Sanchez starts he's going to be in a bad position though, because any slight hint of failure is going to lead to cries for Smith. Hell, even winning games the bitching will be loud if Sanchez looks bad doing it. He'd probably be better off just getting benched. Who cares, he's making bank either way. Might as well not be out there risking injury and concussion for what is likely a bad team. He really gives the impression he cares about the team and winning though. Best case scenario for him, Smith starts but fails miserably and Sanchez comes in to salvage some of the late season.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I should send it to the Falcons, seems like they could use some refreshments after winning their division AND playing in the wildcard game.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any self-respecting father wouldn't let his son become a kicker.

4(counting me) people picked the Dolphins to win the AFC East MAH WakandanS. If we do you 3 are getting some beer via mail.
Going to be a sweet Christmas this year! Hint, hint. Will save some for the eventual Dolphins win come February.

rrr_img_36484.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
NFC
North: Green Bay
South: Falcons
East: Giants
West: Niners
Wildcards: Seahawks, Saints

AFC
North: Ravens
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
Wildcards: Bengals, Colts

Admittedly put very little effort into this but fuck it. I'll stick with it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
NFC
North: Green Bay
South: Falcons
East: Giants
West: Niners
Wildcards: Seahawks, Saints

AFC
North: Ravens
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
Wildcards: Bengals, Colts

Admittedly put very little effort into this but fuck it. I'll stick with it.
Not enough turnover. Your AFC prediction is literally exactly the same as it turned out last season. That won't happen.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Colts will be out, and Steelers will get in over Ravens or Bengals.

Usually a 4 to 6 team turnover every year.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Fuck, you're right. Didn't even notice that. Maybe I'll addend it in a day or two when I actually have time to sit down and go over the schedules more.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Sides hurt from laughing.

A Tribute To Sage Rosenfels: The Greatest of All-Time

sageretire.jpg

Sage Rosenfels, the most prolific and iconic passer that football has ever known, has decided to hang up his cleats after 11 triumphant seasons in the NFL, during which he revolutionized his position and became the first quarterback to win more than four Super Bowl championships.

The 109th selection of the 2001 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins, Rosenfels propelled to immediate stardom. He came to be known as ?Jew Montana? after leading Washington to consecutive championships in his first two seasons in the league. That unprecedented success, however, was not enough to stave off a power struggle with owner Daniel Snyder, who bristled at the public perception that the Redskins? success was due almost entirely to the arm of Rosenfels and not Snyder?s personnel moves. In a blockbuster trade, Rosenfels was shipped to Miami for six first-round draft picks, which the Redskins used in turn to acquire quarterback Aaron Brooks from the Saints. The rest is history: Rosenfels won the next two Super Bowls with the Dolphins while Snyder and Brooks perished in a tragic accident testing a new Six Flags roller coaster in Prince George?s County, Maryland.

Though the Dolphins reaped the immediate spoils of the trade, the team was unable to work out a long-term contract with Rosenfels to keep him in Miami beyond his two years with the team. The summer of 2005 came to be known as ?The Summer of Saga? as the sweepstakes to secure the then-four-time Super Bowl champion quarterback captivated the sports world. It helpede that Rosenfels? fame was starting to transcend that of just a sports star. It was that year that Rosenfels starred in the movie ?Birthright? about a man who travels to Israel to work on a kibbutz and falls in love with a two women there, one of which was played by actress Natalie Portman.

Portman and Rosenfels could not keep their romance secret for long. Not that it mattered, as the two were married within months of meeting each other. In fact, by the start of the 2005 season, which Rosenfels played with the Houston Texans, Sage and Natalie Rosenfels were the most famous couple in the world.

Indeed, the Texans forked over a record five-year, $219 million contract to retain Rosenfels services, a contract that remains the richest in the history of the league. It was clearly worth every penny, as Rosenfels won four titles in his five seasons in Houston. In his second season in Houston, Rosenfels posted a perfect passer rating in every start, which led to the coinage of his enduring nickname, ?Mr. 158.3? The act of posting a perfect passer rating was thereafter known as a ?Rosenfels?. The 109th pick has since been known as ?The Rosenfels pick?.

The only year the Texans did not win the Super Bowl with Rosenfels under center was his last with the team, when he suffered a season-ending knee injury inflicted by Patriots safety Bernard Pollard. There were cries for the league to cancel the remainder of the season, but Rosenfels would hear nothing of it. He swore to fans that he was not greater than the game, a sentiment that only made fans love him more.

Unfortunately, the Texans had concerns about his long-term health after the injury, so once again Rosenfels was allowed to enter free agency. Now in his thirties, Rosenfels didn?t command quite as much in the market, so he only received a three-year, $86 million deal from the New York Giants.

The pressure of playing in the Big Apple was daunting and did affect Rosenfels more than he led on at first. In his first season in New York, he threw both of his two career interceptions. Nevertheless, he was voted the league MVP, as well as Super Bowl MVP, as he led the Giants to a title, as he did this past season, his second with the franchise. The 2012 season was somewhat overshadowed by the fact that Rosenfels was not under contract beyond the season. Some thought it would serve as a distraction, but obviously it didn?t. After capturing his record 10th Super Bowl title, Rosenfels was beset by inquiries about his future, but refused to give any definitive answers until he had time to think things over.

And now we know his decision: the end of football most glorious era is at an end and the immediate future of the NFL will be marked with the narrative ?Can there be another Rosenfels and if so, who??

Comments section had me in tears.

rosencopter-o.gif

Rosenfels: This is Rosencopter one, preparing to engage Colt Bogeys.

Gary Kubiak: Don?t do it Rosencopter one, that?s suicide!

Rosenfels: I can do it coach! AWWWWW!!!
/Rosencopter One is violently destroyed.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Colts will be out, and Steelers will get in over Ravens or Bengals.

Usually a 4 to 6 team turnover every year.
In order of how likely it is to happen, list these 3 scenarios:

1) Bengals win the NFC North this year
2) Ravens miss the playoffs this year
3) Steelers get back into the playoffs this year

I'd have to go 1, 3, 2 in order of how likely.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In order of how likely it is to happen, list these 3 scenarios:

1) Bengals win the NFC North this year
2) Ravens miss the playoffs this year
3) Steelers get back into the playoffs this year

I'd have to go 1, 3, 2 in order of how likely.
Bengals have the NFC North locked up. Vikings suck, bro!