2013 NFL Season

razzle_sl

shitlord
As far as reviews, I'm with Belichick on this one, just allow everything period to be reviewable. Coaches only get two challenges per game so it isn't like we will be slowing things down that much and then when a guy makes a clean hit but a ref is trained to throw a flag any time a head moves, we have a chance to get it right.
When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.
I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.

razzle_sl

shitlord
I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.

Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.
I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You can already challenge some uncalled penalties. Harbaugh did it earlier this year when the refs didn't catch that the defense had 12 men on the field. Harbaugh challenged and won.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Your team sucks. Not Alex's team. YOUR team.

Your coach sucks, your QB sucks, your Momma sucks.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.
Scoring plays are already reviewed automatically, and you can't challenge under 2 min so I don't see how a coach holding onto challenges for big scores at the end of a game makes any sense at all.

You could also coach your team not to commit shitty holds on the opposite side of the field.