2013 NFL Season

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This year forward its where flacco proves he is worth the money. I think most qb's are over paid and I hope the trend ends when most of these new contracts don't pay off with wins because your average qb is pulling down super star money that could be spread around filling obvious gaps.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This year forward its where flacco proves he is worth the money. I think most qb's are over paid and I hope the trend ends when most of these new contracts don't pay off with wins because your average qb is pulling down super star money that could be spread around filling obvious gaps.
I think a lot of them are overpaid in the sense of what percentage of the cap their deal takes up, making it harder to put talent in place around them...but in reality if you don't have a decent QB, you aren't winning in this league anymore unless you have a monster like Peterson to carry you to a wild card round loss.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just going to leave this here. Stats are first five years of respective careers.

rrr_img_37786.png
Yay, another chart for stupid people. You should throw QBR in there and call it a day

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Team stat, team stat, team stat,behind Carson Palmer, and the last 2 are actually impressive. Point still stands that he's never had an exceptional regular season, just a lot of consistently decent to good ones. He got paid for his playoff performance this past year.
There was a time in Carson Palmer's career when he was an absolute badass. After he was Von Oelhoffen'ed he started sucking. But you could not deny his play before then.

In three years, Andy Dalton will be topping many of the stats on the chart posted too - assuming he keeps it up. Especially TDs, regular season wins and total wins. Probably Super Bowl wins too.

Yeah and that chart doesn't include the amount of games each player needed to get to that point, Aaron Rodgers sat his first 3 years. Dan Marino missed 9 games in those first 5 years etc.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Everything impressive in that Flacco stat pic are team stats.

Until last year's playoffs, Flacco was an average quarterback bus driving a team with a dominant defense. He got hot and a little lucky (Denver game) for 4 games and rode it to a huge payday, nothing wrong with that.

But if he goes back to his normal stats of the previous 3 years (including the 2012 regular season) he won't be worth his contract.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything impressive in that Flacco stat pic are team stats.

Until last year's playoffs, Flacco was an average quarterback bus driving a team with a dominant defense. He got hot and a little lucky (Denver game) for 4 games and rode it to a huge payday, nothing wrong with that.

But if he goes back to his normal stats of the previous 3 years (including the 2012 regular season) he won't be worth his contract.
You do have to give Flacco credit for the TD to INT ratio and simply being as consistent as he has (along with being injury free) to pile up the amount of yards he has. No, he's never thrown for over 4,000 yards in a season, but he's consistently put up decent to good years. Agree he's getting paid on those 4 games, but if anything would give a guy confidence to step his game up, it's last year's playoffs by him.

Now frankly I don't know how he's worth his contract unless he's performing at that level game in and out and that's just too much to ask from anyone.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'd rather have a QB like Flacco/Eli Manning who are pretty average during the regular season and then clutch as fuck in the post than Romo/Ryan who put up great regular season stats and can't deliver in the postseason (other than Ryan this last postseason)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing wrong with a guy that can just put up top 10 numbers every single year while staying healthy. How many teams would kill for that kind of consistency?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Someone said it earlier, they are worth it because they fill the seats and sell merchandise and give their team hope. Other teams would pay them more and the teams that let them go would end up like the Jaguars trying to show the Redzone channel on the big board because they cant manage to fill the seats.