2013 NFL Season

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_38259.jpg

Talk about foreshadowing to his future NFL career.....

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I think I say this every year, but it seems like a lot more people are out for the season already than in past years. Lots of ACL tears too.
And I think I say this every year: No, it's about average. ACLs just stick out since they are the easiest injury to get (hell, they can be non-contact, even) that knock you out for a year.

And I also say this every year: Is there really no way to rejigger training camp to lessen these ACL injuries? Have mini-camps / the first week of training camp be leg strengthening exercises, playbook review, and half-speed activities, before Week 2+ stresses those ACLs, rather than just going from theoretically nothing in the offseason to the 120%? 150%? of the regular season training camp is nowadays?

Edit:
Talk about foreshadowing to his future NFL career.....
I realize we are early, but you really think the Jets are going to be bad enough to be able to draft him?

Don't get me wrong, I think the Jets will be meh, somewhere in the 4-12 to 6-10 muck, but I think a host of likely QB drafters could pick ahead of the Jets (Browns/Jaguars/Raiders/Cards/Bills/maybe Titans/maybe Chargers).

Unless you're saying that the Jets won't just pick him, they'll have to put together an RG3 level trade to pick him... which sounds about right.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I realize we are early, but you really think the Jets are going to be bad enough to be able to draft him?

Don't get me wrong, I think the Jets will be meh, somewhere in the 4-12 to 6-10 muck, but I think a host of likely QB drafters could pick ahead of the Jets (Browns/Jaguars/Raiders/Cards/Bills/maybe Titans/maybe Chargers).

Unless you're saying that the Jets won't just pick him, they'll have to put together an RG3 level trade to pick him... which sounds about right.
Its the Jets. They will find a way to get him.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I figured he was going for an amazing college qb/crappy NFL angle, but being on the Jets would suck too

Disp_sl

shitlord
The Chiefs are mainly a graveyard for 49ers QB's. Montana, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Alex Smith, and probably Kaepernick in 10-15 years.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The Chiefs are mainly a graveyard for 49ers QB's. Montana, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Alex Smith,and probably Kaepernick in 10-15 years.
You know I've got my fingers crossed!

Don't forget, we also retired Jaworski and Moon. Good times.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And I think I say this every year: No, it's about average. ACLs just stick out since they are the easiest injury to get (hell, they can be non-contact, even) that knock you out for a year.

And I also say this every year: Is there really no way to rejigger training camp to lessen these ACL injuries? Have mini-camps / the first week of training camp be leg strengthening exercises, playbook review, and half-speed activities, before Week 2+ stresses those ACLs, rather than just going from theoretically nothing in the offseason to the 120%? 150%? of the regular season training camp is nowadays?

Edit:

Not referring to the Jets, just a life of media frenzy over very little actual football talent after winning the Heisman. A few years in the NFL and a Tebowesque wash out. I actually think Geno Smith if the Jets can ever get some decent weapons for him can be a good QB. Watching him throw side by side vs Sanchez it looks laughable given how much better of a ball he throws.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Edit:

If Manziel goes in the top 10 the NFL has lost its damn mind. Then again Tebow went first round...

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Chris Kluwe got some Google Glasses and has been recording stuff from training camp. He even got Seabass to put them on. The videos are just special team stuff, so if you are into that then give them a view.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Not referring to the Jets, just a life of media frenzy over very little actual football talent after winning the Heisman.
I realize this is the NFL thread, but he has plenty of college football talent. I don't think it will translate to the NFL at ALL, but after the numbers he put up last year it's hard to say he has very little football talent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Tebow gets more coverage because of his hardcore religion and ridiculously bad throwing ability. That gives you groups of people thinking he's jesus and other groups thinking "wtf is wrong with you he's terrible". Manziel won't elicit that kind of emotion in either side.