2014 Oscars

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
"Her" was the best movie out of all the best picture nominees. I've watched every single one of them except for Philomena.

Devlin

Golden Squire
12 years a niglet

Niglet gets kidnapped, pics cotton and turns into Uncle Tom.
Asks Brad Pitt if he could deliver a letter for him as Niglet does not understand how mail works.
Niglet free Niglet again.
The End.

You Americans loooooove to feel bad bout the slavery, you should all give up one day a week to work in a cotton field for a black guy while he fucks your wife.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I thought Ellen did a good job hosting btw. The Oscars are a big party night for Hollywood and she made the night about that. Good choice on her part.

HGoyzKT.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it all works out, they give the award to the one black movie and all the rich white people at their rich white people only oscar party can gush on and about how progressive a decision it was.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
12 years a niglet

Niglet gets kidnapped, pics cotton and turns into Uncle Tom.
Asks Brad Pitt if he could deliver a letter for him as Niglet does not understand how mail works.
Niglet free Niglet again.
The End.

You Americans loooooove to feel bad bout the slavery, you should all give up one day a week to work in a cotton field for a black guy while he fucks your wife.
You realize the main reason this film was made was because of your countryman. (hint: English)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
matthew mcconaughey wins best actor (and delivers a great speech. alright, alright), and gravity didn't win best picture (didn't really care which movie won, as long as it wasn't that overhyped, overrated piece of crap). all is right in the world.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Different time of day that the awards are on here, so I got to hear the main results during my drive home from work.

Whitey guilt is a bitch, eh?

iannis

Musty Nester
I want to see a 3 way on the oscars sometime. A gay movie, a slave movie, and a biopic about Bill Clinton.

I think it would be the first ever tie. They wouldn't be able to decide.

Caliane

are you shitting me? i'm not watching but i can't believe wind rises didn't win best animated picture. that is some stupid shit.
Oscars in animation have long been notoriously just nonsense. its pretty clear the academy has no idea what is good there.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well let's see. Frozen was seen by 15.8 bajillion people and ruled the box office for months. No one saw The Wind Rises (you don't have to see a film to vote in the Academy). Additionally Disney has never won the Animated Best Picture before so there was really no way they weren't going to take home the prize this time.

Szlia

It also happens that The Wind Rises, while very original and with moments of pure cinematic grace, is a bit shit. The insufferable 'by mouth' soundscape and atrocious dubbing - and I mean the original dub: mumbled lines, no intent, horrible timing the whole way through - made it almost unwatchable for me and the plot is at best depressing and at worst abject (not because of the war planes but because of the relationship with his wife). That said I have not seen Frozen. I suspect the best of The Wind Rises is leagues above it, but that, as a whole, Frozen is the better movie.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty shitty year for animated movies i think and even though i hated frozed i dont have a problem with it winning, still not as bad as brave beating wreck it ralph

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is a really good movie. I still haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club, I keep getting like 30 minutes in and something comes up. But for me 12 Years was better than American Hustle and Captain Phillips. I haven't seen Nebraska either and I probably don't give a shit about Philomena.
It is funny because Nebraska and Philomena are kind of similar in this 'driving an old person on a journey' sense. Nebraska I did want to see because of Election and About Schmidt (completely missed The Descendants though, that may have changed my mind). And enjoyed it and wouldn't consider it a waste of time for anyone.

Philomena I had no intention or desire of watching. So the wife put it on in the background and I sat there. By the end it was pretty engaging. If you hate Catholics it will probably resonate with you. Anyways, don't completely write it off. The preview did not work for the type of movie it really is. Eh, you could still hate it. It was just a surprise enjoyment for me on a Saturday morning.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the only way Leo DeDaprio will ever win an oscar is to play a gay man with a black lover who gets killed by a white supremacist in the south. These Oscars seemed to all about Gays / Racism, so poor Leo missed out...again.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lots of butt hurt leo fans out there. In no way did he deserve it over Rust