2014 Oscars

Szlia

I have some problems with the movie, but if you think 12 Years A Slave is 'nothing special whatsoever' you must not have a great eye for film direction. That said, I would not have given the best supporting actress award to Lupita Nyong'o over Jennifer Lawrence.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I must not have a great eye for film direction. It was absolutely nothing special, sorry.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
That said, I would not have given the best supporting actress award to Lupita Nyong'o over Jennifer Lawrence.
There needs to be a category for best Casting Directory.

"The Oscar for best casting director goes to!... Billy Hopkins for finding the fat chic to play a fat chic in Precious!"

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I thought 12 Years was well made but shallow as it had nothing going for it but a bald play on the viewers emotions; that and nothing that was done was particularly original compared to prior depictions in other films with richer characters.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
lol but he had to find the right fat chick, not any old one would be nominated or win.

Juvarisx

Florida
Well Gravity won every technical award it deserved to. Least the people who vote for the tech stuff are not functionally retarded.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dallas deserves best picture imo. Rush not nominated for anything is a shame

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What's sad is that she won an oscar and she will probably never have another major role. They just don't make that many movies about 400 lb women.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Faille beat me to it...
rrr_img_61710.jpg

Homsar

Well Gravity won every technical award it deserved to. Least the people who vote for the tech stuff are not functionally retarded.
Anything sound/effects/cinema related it deserved but it shouldnt win picture. Happy for jonez pretty much agree with most of the winnrrs for once

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Her was the best movie this year. I'm not watching (lol ABC streaming requirements), but I don't need to cause it won't win shit. Drugs, AIDS and black people are so played out.

Homsar

Still surprised that was Jonze first oscar. Everything the guys made while only a few films have been outstanding

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Seems like the teleprompter is going way too slow. It's making the presenters look like morons.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
It just won Original Screenplay
Well, it was always going to winsomething,but only by merit of the fact that it was made by big people (Spike Jonze/Joaquin Phoenix) specifically for the award season and because these award ceremonies evenly distribute prizes amongst the egos.