2015 - Screener Season Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Screeners are starting to drop for award season.

Discuss what you have watched in one thread.

rrr_img_87450.jpg
rrr_img_87451.jpg
rrr_img_87452.jpg
rrr_img_87453.jpg
rrr_img_87454.jpg
rrr_img_87455.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the screeners for hobbit pt3 and big hero 6 are also out. big hero 6 was pretty good. i havent seen hobbit yet. waiting for the interstellar screener.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh good I wanted to see The Gambler but knew it was not worth paying, will grab it later and tell you what I think. I grabbed the rest but I am on vacation this weekend.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Big hero 6 was OK, I thought it was going to be a lot better. I know it was a kids movie but everything was very predictable

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh, screeners for the black Annie, Into The Woods and something called "to write love on her arms" is out too

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That "To Write Love On Her Arms" movie is also called "Day One" which is pictured a couple posts up. Even with Kat Dennings I have no intention of watching it, so I couldn't tell you what it is about or why it has two names.

Big Hero 6 was decent, nothing spectacular, sort of glad I didn't pay for it in the theater since a lot of people raved about it. Worth a watch though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Curious if Wild is out. I could probably just wait until I get off work to check my indexer, but I wanted to know now...

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of these movies really weren't all that good. Weak Oscar season. Fury was a big let down, American Sniper, Nightcrawler and birdman were good, big hero six was decent but not worth the ratings it got. Gambler LoTR and unbroken sucked

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Quick question: of the above movies, which ones require subtitles to be downloaded separately just for the "foreign only" parts (like when there is a quick conversation in another language that needs subtitles). Screeners almost never have external subtitles for those parts and usually I just check the comments section on tpb, but the sites I use lately don't have a comments section or the comments are just filled with useless crap.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all these screeners out and what am i watching, i am watching Hector and The Search For Happiness. srarring Simon Pegg. its aight. the aisan chick is crazy hot.

SekaiX_sl

shitlord
Watched The Imitation Game and Inherent Vice. Fuck I could not keep up with Inherent Vice. It literally felt like a confused, paranoid, drug trip.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is anyone else struggling to watch these DVD screeners? Majority of stuff I watch is 1080p with DTS-HD soundtracks. I don't remember DVD quality being this poor. I watched American Sniper and that was manageable, but the Hobbit release looked awful

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is anyone else struggling to watch these DVD screeners? Majority of stuff I watch is 1080p with DTS-HD soundtracks. I don't remember DVD quality being this poor. I watched American Sniper and that was manageable, but the Hobbit release looked awful
The Hobbit did seem unusually blurry. Maybe there was an issue with compressing it to fit onto 1 DVDs worth of space and the quality had to be sacrificed? No clue really, just speculating because it definitely looked worse than most screeners. Nightcrawler looked great(other than the blurred watermark)