2016 Olympics. - Brazil

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Besides USA hosting the Olympics, I have a guilty pleasure for having the host team lose and see the humiliation of the athletes and the fans. So far women's soccer and volleyball are my favorite for tears.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Besides USA hosting the Olympics, I have a guilty pleasure for having the host team lose and see the humiliation of the athletes and the fans. So far women's soccer and volleyball are my favorite for tears.

Make sure you tune tomorrow morning at 9am to watch Team Canada beat the Brazil Women's soccer team for the bronze. Should be very salty.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Jimmycarterwuwu

Make sure you tune tomorrow morning at 9am to watch Team Canada beat the Brazil Women's soccer team for the bronze. Should be very salty.
Thanks for the heads up. Is Canada favored to beat them? Like three of their soccer players look like old house maids. Their look of defeat is the look of cleaning our toilet while taco bell had the volcano burrito.

• 1Like

Szlia

Honestly, when the brazillian public boos athletes that were caught for using PEDs, I am with them. When they boo tennis super star Nadal because he does not have the self-conscience and restraint to not over-celebrate his points when facing a local underdog, I am with them. But when they whistle and boo the people who compete against the brazilians, they lose me. I mean they were whistling at a pole-jumper! What's up with that? How retarded can one be? Apparently the stuff is contagious, because it makes me want to see the brazilian athletes lose, just to shut up their terrible fans!

PS: The pole jumper (french athlete Lavillenie - World Record holder, Gold in London) who got Silver behind brazilian youngster Braz Da Silva had the stupid idea to complain about it in an interview, saying, I paraphrase, he felt like Jesse Owens at the Berlin 36 games (hosted by Nazi Germany). On top of being probably inaccurate (the german public cheered for Owens and I couldn't find mention of the crowd treating him poorly during the long jump final where a german took Silver) it had the effect of him being booed during the medal ceremony!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm with the Brazilians on that one. Always heckle the opposition on your home turf. This is war, motherfuckers.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm with the Brazilians on that one. Always heckle the opposition on your home turf. This is war, motherfuckers.

No, it isn't. Booing someone for no reason is every bit as classless as calling the people who just beat you cowards.

• 1Like

Jimmycarterwuwu

Honestly, when the brazillian public boos athletes that were caught for using PEDs, I am with them. When they boo tennis super star Nadal because he does not have the self-conscience and restraint to not over-celebrate his points when facing a local underdog, I am with them. But when they whistle and boo the people who compete against the brazilians, they lose me. I mean they were whistling at a pole-jumper! What's up with that? How retarded can one be? Apparently the stuff is contagious, because it makes me want to see the brazilian athletes lose, just to shut up their terrible fans!

PS: The pole jumper (french athlete Lavillenie - World Record holder, Gold in London) who got Silver behind brazilian youngster Braz Da Silva had the stupid idea to complain about it in an interview, saying, I paraphrase, he felt like Jesse Owens at the Berlin 36 games (hosted by Nazi Germany). On top of being probably inaccurate (the german public cheered for Owens and I couldn't find mention of the crowd treating him poorly during the long jump final where a german took Silver) it had the effect of him being booed during the medal ceremony!
After the second set of Germany/Brazil beach volleyball was the quietest I've seen a crowd go ever. Filled to capacity cheering the entire first match, I shit you not, you could hear the 30 odd Germany fans casually talking the second set.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
It was pretty cool to see Ashton Eaton stalk second place for three laps, then blow his doors off on the final kick. It seems insane to stay good enough at that many events for that many years.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
It was pretty cool to see Ashton Eaton stalk second place for three laps, then blow his doors off on the final kick. It seems insane to stay good enough at that many events for that many years.

He ran a tactical race and it paid off.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I would assume weightlifting?
75+ KG female, Sarah Robles got a bronze, after not lifting a single weight on the Olympic trials. There was a big controversy over that. But the US Weightlifting Comitee was right in sending her. Sarah gave the US the only medal in weightlifting.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry, as much as I love the pictures we can't have NSFW here in the sports section.

~ a_skeleton_03

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was obvious he was lying, at least a little, when his story included tough guy shit like telling the gunman "fuck you, I'm not getting on the ground."

I thought he was lying at first too. But now that I've heard the Brazilians side of the story, it's pretty fucking obvious he was shaken down by a security guard. Can't blame him for trying to report that. In first world countries that shit is frowned upon. But in Brazail it's so common that even the government is trying to shake down the people who reported it. It's like they're saying "No, that's not a crime, its normal. Now you have to give us $10k to forget about it. See how common it is?"

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I thought he was lying at first too. But now that I've heard the Brazilians side of the story, it's pretty fucking obvious he was shaken down by a security guard. Can't blame him for trying to report that. In first world countries that shit is frowned upon. But in Brazail it's so common that even the government is trying to shake down the people who reported it. It's like they're saying "No, that's not a crime, its normal. Now you have to give us $10k to forget about it. See how common it is?"

That's not how I read the situation at all. It seems to me that he and his buddies were drunk, pissed in an alley, broke something in the gas station, then tried to buy their way out.

If you look back, Lochte's mother was the first one to tell this story to the press. It's most plausible that he gave her a bullshit story to save face and she screwed him by "standing up for her son" and talking publicly. Rather than coming clean, he then decided to double down on the lie, and here we are.