2016 Oscars

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eazy E should have got a best supporting actor nomination. The movie itself was fine, but not best of the best Oscar worthy.

The biggest travesty was that Mad Max only one 6 Oscars. Should have been a clean sweep.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best Music - Original Song: Writing's On The Wall

?!? HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHHA
This absolute shit is so bad I had to cover my ears (coworkers wanted to watch 007 Spectre instead of The Martian; not the first nor last offense, unfortunately ><). That's the only time in my entire life I had to do that in a movie theater.
I tried watching it on YT a few times, I couldn't last 30sec.
FFS, next time just let a woman do the job, instead of hiring some faggot (no offense to gay&co) squealer trying to sound like one.

Flame on!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The thing is, I'm not even mad that for some reason almost half of the presenters were black. It was the Chris Rock (whom as a comedian I fucking love) monologues and incredibly shitty vignettes regarding how racist white folks are that made me less than stoked. If they were even -sort- of representing their own demographic, it would have been Freeman and Rock, maybe Whoopi, and then tons of white folks. But it wasn't, and I have to believe that the outrage that some second rate "blacks only" films didn't win oscars is completely manufactured. Straight Out of Compton was a decent flick, but unless we give awards for being "black" it most certainly was not anything special. The whole thing stunk of obvious pandering, and only got more obvious about it as the show went on.
This is exactly why you shouldn't read garbage ass news sites like Huffington Post & Buzzfeed etc. PC movement moving along strong. White people crying about privilege. The Lady Gaga bit where all the actresses were tearing up was some cringe shit.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I opted not to watch the ceremony, well I mostly don't bother, but this year's controversies had made me take a little bit more interest ( oh and also the Fury Road nominations )

But still I chose not to watch, having read through this thread, I am glad I didn't.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Spotlight? Fucking Spotlight?

Good movie and all but Jesus Cricket it wasn't the best of 2015

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
#blacklivesmatter lol
Worst part is, 4 minorities (Hispanic) won. So it's pretty clear it isn't about diversity, it's about specifically one specific kind of minority, who is already over-represented per population in wins (Especially if we count the British population). I just do not understand the anger here. Like maybe I could understand Asians being angry; but what grievance, exactly, do black people have with this? Yes, a 12% minority population (2% in Britain) is going to have a few dry years; but we know, statistically, the roles and wins are above or at that population level--so there is absolutely no fucking evidence, not even the terrible correlative kind, of racism. It is maddening watching the whole show be focused on that.

Northerner

N00b
The thing is, if you are a young black actor then you aren't getting many roles and certainly aren't getting many good roles. This pisses you off and especially when you see all these pretty white boys making bank just because they got great roles when they were younger. If only someone gave you a chance! Perhaps you are an older black actor and your career is in tatters and you think back, wondering how it might have gone if Steve hadn't beat you out for Prospero in Shakespeare in the Park.

Whatever you're thinking though, it ignores the underlying fact that trying to make a career out of acting is about as stupid as trying to make a career in athletics. Some vanishingly small percentage make great money but the vast, vast majority will never make enough to live off even. That's true for whites as well of course and I'm sure young actors of all stripes can blame it on something. That doesn't make it valid.

If you are a young actor then the odds are you'll get shit or no roles. It's not white actors stealing your jobs, it's that your job is shitty.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The thing is, if you are a young black actor then you aren't getting many roles and certainly aren't getting many good roles. This pisses you off and especially when you see all these pretty white boys making bank just because they got great roles when they were younger. If only someone gave you a chance! Perhaps you are an older black actor and your career is in tatters and you think back, wondering how it might have gone if Steve hadn't beat you out for Prospero in Shakespeare in the Park.

Whatever you're thinking though, it ignores the underlying fact that trying to make a career out of acting is about as stupid as trying to make a career in athletics. Some vanishingly small percentage make great money but the vast, vast majority will never make enough to live off even. That's true for whites as well of course and I'm sure young actors of all stripes can blame it on something. That doesn't make it valid.

If you are a young actor then the odds are you'll get shit or no roles. It's not white actors stealing your jobs, it's that your job is shitty.
its really not outright racism, its the fact that in american history there just arent that many prominent blacks who werent slaves or part of the civil rights movement. and hollywood has already made movies about every one of them, some several times. the second reason, blacks only make up a small portion of the US population.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
What roles though?

Let me break the best supporting categories since they are fresh in my minds
Best Supporting Actor
Bale - Real person
Stallone - Existing character
Rylance - Real person
Ruffalo - Real person
Hardy - partially real ("inspired" on a true story) and it's a period piece

Best Supporting Actress
Winslet - Real person
McAdams - Real person
Vikander - Real person (Danish painters)
Mara - Real person (based on a autobiographic novel of a German)
Jason Leigh - Not real

It's one thing to argue blacks aren't getting nominated. But look at who is getting nominated. People complain that Hollywood whitewashes. So are we suppose to cast blacks in these supposed real people? Maybe let's make shit up and make Steve Job's family black. Let's make the Danish painters a pair of Cubans. Or instead of a white frontier trapper we make Hardy's character a Pakistani. Doesn't make sense huh?

Last year there was shit about the snubs for Selma. Look I saw the movie. It was average. Just because it's about the Reverend doesn't make it an automatic nominee. It's like blacks just expect anything related to their "struggle" in movies should net an automatic nomination. Or could it be the movie wasn't up to snuff with EVERYTHING else that year?

So really they should be focusing on the behind the scenes financing and control by the studios instead of blaming the Academy. The scripts that ARE being greenlit that are considered "Oscar worthy" aren't exactly brimming with minorities with roles written for them. Unfortunately what is considered Oscar worthy seem to be heavily weighed towards period pieces, real life scenarios, and shit from the past which is filled with whites! And that matches our history's demographics. That's the issue.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I clicked on this thread and immediately started laughing at you for this horrible prediction.

Jesus another one!
I'm happy to be wrong!

I still find it funny that the academy expanded best picture to up to 10 movies a few years ago after The Dark Knight wasn't nominated, and this year they only nominated 8 movies. If they just token nominated Straight Outta Compton and Creed there would have been much less complaining.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What roles though?

Let me break the best supporting categories since they are fresh in my minds
Best Supporting Actor
Bale - Real person
Stallone - Existing character
Rylance - Real person
Ruffalo - Real person
Hardy - partially real ("inspired" on a true story) and it's a period piece

Best Supporting Actress
Winslet - Real person
McAdams - Real person
Vikander - Real person (Danish painters)
Mara - Real person (based on a autobiographic novel of a German)
Jason Leigh - Not real

It's one thing to argue blacks aren't getting nominated. But look at who is getting nominated. People complain that Hollywood whitewashes. So are we suppose to cast blacks in these supposed real people? Maybe let's make shit up and make Steve Job's family black. Let's make the Danish painters a pair of Cubans. Or instead of a white frontier trapper we make Hardy's character a Pakistani. Doesn't make sense huh?

Last year there was shit about the snubs for Selma. Look I saw the movie. It was average. Just because it's about the Reverend doesn't make it an automatic nominee. It's like blacks just expect anything related to their "struggle" in movies should net an automatic nomination. Or could it be the movie wasn't up to snuff with EVERYTHING else that year?

So really they should be focusing on the behind the scenes financing and control by the studios instead of blaming the Academy. The scripts that ARE being greenlit that are considered "Oscar worthy" aren't exactly brimming with minorities with roles written for them. Unfortunately what is considered Oscar worthy seem to be heavily weighed towards period pieces, real life scenarios, and shit from the past which is filled with whites! And that matches our history's demographics. That's the issue.
I figured Straight Outta Compton might have gotten more noms.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I just saw Abe Vigoda was forgotten in the awards.

That's pretty fucked up when you're so self-absorbed in thinking Black and White people who share the exact same million dollar lifestyle are somehow "Diverse". They don't even know the fucking difference between race and ethnicity. Meanwhile Stacey Dash, cunt that she is, goes up there and gets mocked...Diversity!!! It's not a difference of opinions or anything, it's only skin deep and anyone who doesn't see that is clearly racist, not the people defining diversity by skin tone.

They don't want Diversity. If they did they'd understand what the fucking word meant. And they might realize there's more people in acting than just blacks and whites. God forbid they start nominating Chinese Americans, or fucks sake a Native American. That'd be crazy talk. Fuck Will Smith, I hope he gets anally raped by 43,000 midgets with 14" cocks.