2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Guess it depends on the narrative. Our own D man kicked the puck straight into our net. Shots 17-5 in 2nd period, 29-14 for the game. Desperation is there, keeping goals out of our net and putting more in theirs we're still working on.

Fair points. It's fun hockey to watch, in any case.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hf forums really taking the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories to a new level. Both sides, kinda funny in an annoying, sad type of way. Refs really need to cool it with these weak ass calls though.

Is Orlov always this bad? He's like the Marc Staal of Washington.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hf forums really taking the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories to a new level. Both sides, kinda funny in an annoying, sad type of way. Refs really need to cool it with these weak ass calls though.

Is Orlov always this bad? He's like the Marc Staal of Washington.

Orlov was shit tonight. I don't mean kicking in the goal either, just some bad plays in our end. Pretty sure Oshie's stick didn't even tickle Bonino's beard there, but what are you going to do? Too many chances left wanting. All you can do is tip your hat to the Pens and Fleury right now. Gotta come home and win Game 5, pray we can extend the series.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Ducks. How you gonna allow the tying goal with 1:30 to go!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm still just a moderate hockey fan so I dunno if this is actually the case but do the Pens beat the Caps like every fucking year?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was actually more common before, but it is the 10th time they've played since 1991. They played 5 of 6 years starting then, and 5 of 15 since. Pens have won 8 of the previous 9 times(Caps won 94 ECQF). All 4times the Pens have won the Cup they beat the Caps to get there.

HOWEVAH!!!!!!! The Caps have had the series lead in 8 of those 9 previous series. Not sure if they would count it towards that if they took it to 7 and won. But it was a stat I didn't realize.

Merrith

Yeah they played 7 times in the 90's. That decade sucked. This is starting to get there. Not over yet, but it's looking a little...Grimm.

• 1Like

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's looking a little...Grimm.

Nice

giphy.gif

Merrith

Figured you'd like that. Gotta admit Orlov kicking the puck into our own net in a huge game against the Pens was the most Capitals thing ever. Seems like so many of the 1 goal games have a goal go in of our D man. Not sure I've ever seen one where the guy actually booted it straight into the net like that, though.

Merrith

I'm pretty sure I'm in that exact same boat. I'm pretty sure we've seen this show before...back in 2010. Pens got a chance to see that film, entitled "Halak"...the next round as well. Although we're scoring a tiny bit more than we did during that horror show, the main point is the biggest discrepancy in play on the ice has been the goaltending. Fleury has crushed Holtby all series, and the possession numbers are only making it stand out even worse.

Merrith

That Kessel gif is funny. I don't know why he was so pissed at the staff though, not as easy to put in a new blade on the fly, no?

• 1Like

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably pissed that it came off in the first place. Especially that early in the game.

Pens equipment manager Dana Heinze(pronounce Hine-Z) is a sort of celebrity among diehard Pens fans. 34k Twitter followers. I have no idea if this is a normal thing for other teams, but I feel like it probably is. Hockey camaraderie is amazing the way it brings the fans in to the fold.

edit: Crosby and Sheary both skated today, full practice I believe.

And Ovie was practicing with the 3rd line...

• 1Like