2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is pretty much on Reirdan right now. He’s got a bench full of guys not named Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, or Holtby underperforming.

Agreed. I’m going to game 5. It’s do or die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
This is pretty much on Reirdan right now. He’s got a bench full of guys not named Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, or Holtby underperforming.

Agreed, this is on Reirdan for not making the necessary adjustments to get someone going. Probably karma for cheapskate Leonsis letting Trotz walk. I will say after last year I thought Kuznetsov was on his way to becoming a star; while he's still a valuable piece, he has regressed (or at least not progressed) from last season

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agreed, this is on Reirdan for not making the necessary adjustments to get someone going. Probably karma for cheapskate Leonsis letting Trotz walk. I will say after last year I thought Kuznetsov was on his way to becoming a star; while he's still a valuable piece, he has regressed (or at least not progressed) from last season

He’s a chess piece not being used properly.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He’s a chess piece not being used properly.

Not sure I agree on all the Reirden stuff. I think he could be doing better with our defensive pairings, but some of the forwards (Kuznetsov mainly) just need to play better. Connolly hasn't done anything and he scored some goals for us in last year's playoffs, too. Carlson hasn't done much offensively other than leeching some assists in Game 1, too.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yzerman just got named as GM of Detroit, Holland gets "promoted" to senior VP. Woohoo!

Last edited:

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Caps were pretty flat tonight, but holy shit that crowd wouldn't shut up. Those players got energy from those fans. It would have been amazing to be there.

Enjoying the energy of the Jets!

As someone who lives here, I can say that the Raleigh area is very underrated when it comes to fan enthusiasm for hockey. Yea the Canes have been bad for awhile so fans check out but when they are good, the fans engage and are really into it. It's a small market, only pro team in the area but if the team is winning and successful, they are going to show up and be really loud.

I mentioned before the series started we were going to be a pain in the ass for whoever we played. Let see how Game 5 goes.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yzerman just got named as GM of Detroit, Holland gets "promoted" to senior VP. Woohoo!

Wouldn't be surprised if he snags Brayden Point from Tampa and tries to build around him. He doesn't have a lot to work with. At least with Tampa he had St Louis, Stamkos and Hedman.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldn't be surprised if he snags Brayden Point from Tampa and tries to build around him. He doesn't have a lot to work with. At least with Tampa he had St Louis, Stamkos and Hedman.
People expecting an immediate turn around are going to be disappointed. We’ve got upside in a great prospect pool and Larkin emerging as a true #1 C is big. Most of our garbage is off the books by the Seattle expansion draft and I would expect that is when they should be targeting to compete by.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
People expecting an immediate turn around are going to be disappointed. We’ve got upside in a great prospect pool and Larkin emerging as a true #1 C is big. Most of our garbage is off the books by the Seattle expansion draft and I would expect that is when they should be targeting to compete by.

We have Abelkader for 4 more years at 4.25, Nielsen for 3 more at 5.25, and DeKeyser for 3 more at 5. I don't see anyone taking those contracts. Daley and Ericsson are up at the end of next year. Our best goalie prospect, Filip Larsson was just signed to a 3 year ELC and will be in Grand Rapids next year. If we can get a couple good defensemen in the next year or two we, might be contending for a wild card spot in 3 years.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bowen Byram at #6 in th 2019 draft, sign Trouba as a ufa in 2020. Make it so!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You know, looking at that, I think no matter what happened with contact to the goalie, there was no chance he was going to get over to save that. I think it is likely the right call.

Now come on, Calgary.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
agreed, he wasn't saving it, not to mention the blatant cross check the guy in front takes.